PDA

View Full Version : A possible problem

chaselpaso
8th July 2014, 14:24
Everything you need to know about engine oil.

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

Spôôk I have a feeling that somehow my engine oil is being topped up with diesel from the tank. It is a cdti bmw engine. (131) How damaging can this be ? What a great article. Chaselpaso.

Mike Noc
8th July 2014, 16:57
Best to start a separate thread as this isn't really the place for problems, and you will probably get more people looking that way too. ;)

If your engine oil level is rising, then you could have a leak on the front seal of the HP fuel pump. This is chain driven from the first cam chain, so any leakage ends up in the sump.

You need to sort this, as if it gets worse and the oil level gets too high, it can get injested into the intake.

The risk then is that the engine runs away with itself to destruction. :getmecoat:

Dragrad
9th July 2014, 21:48
New thread started as suggested ;)

chaselpaso
14th July 2014, 15:58
Many thanks for any answers. My only knowledge of threads is whitworth, B.S.F. , B.A. A,F. or Metric. I am over 80 and computer language is not relevant. Chaselpaso. In case I have offended anyone I can only plead ignorance of some of your terminology. My car is a Rover 75 connoisseur cdti automatic (131) saloon Wedgewood blue 2003. 60,000k If this info is in the wrong place ?

planenut
14th July 2014, 18:53
Many thanks for any answers. My only knowledge of threads is whitworth, B.S.F. , B.A. A,F. or Metric. I am over 80 and computer language is not relevant. Chaselpaso. In case I have offended anyone I can only plead ignorance of some of your terminology. My car is a Rover 75 connoisseur cdti automatic (131) saloon Wedgewood blue 2003. 60,000k If this info is in the wrong place ?

Good answer, nice one.

Mike Noc
14th July 2014, 21:37
I can't see anyone getting offended Chaselpaso. :D

The important thing is you getting your car sorted. Have you fixed it yet? :shrug:

chaselpaso
2nd August 2016, 17:09
Sorry if this reply is rather old but I did say I was over 80. Took it to Jules and the problem was rectified. Turned out he was a J/T in the RAF as I was. Those Camels were hell to work on. Thanks for the interest. Chas.

David Lawrence
2nd August 2016, 17:22
Sorry if this reply is rather old but I did say I was over 80. Took it to Jules and the problem was rectified. Turned out he was a J/T in the RAF as I was. Those Camels were hell to work on. Thanks for the interest. Chas.

Good to know its sorted. What was wrong with it in the end?

Number 6
2nd August 2016, 17:31

So what was the problem ???????:}