PDA

View Full Version : Alternative outside temp sensor location?

Colly
9th July 2014, 21:58
I can't find mine! I can find the FBH sensor but the outside temp sensor is nowhere to be seen where it should be. Mine constantly reads high (up to 35 degrees most of the time) so assume it is actually there and probably in the wrong place as the reading is not the default temperature. Is there any other common place for it to be wrongly fitted? Thanks.

Avulon
9th July 2014, 22:10
More likely that the mounting has broken so it's only hanging on by the wires, if it's still there at all.

Colly
10th July 2014, 08:44
Thanks Avulon. When I took off the bumper to do the O rings I looked for ages - no wires at all! I can only assume therefore a previous garage/owner has pushed it up somewhere too close to the rad or engine so its reading way too high.

berkshirelad
10th July 2014, 09:01
Thanks Avulon. When I took off the bumper to do the O rings I looked for ages - no wires at all! I can only assume therefore a previous garage/owner has pushed it up somewhere too close to the rad or engine so its reading way too high.

The wires are a part of the bumper loom and connect through the two connectors in the passenger wheel arch.

It would be a real bodge in the wiring (ie cutting into the wires on the car side of the bumper connectors) to put the sensor anywhere else than on the bumper.

As Avulon says, its probably just hanging by the wires.

T-Cut
10th July 2014, 10:17
As Avulon says, its probably just hanging by the wires.

Somewhere warm presumably.

TC