PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Problem

ArsenalDes
10th July 2014, 06:28
Hi Guys
2004 Diesel Contemporary the air con works fine on the drivers side but doesnt provide chilled air to the passenger side. The A/C self test brings up the code FC00 which I believe is no fault. All the fans are working OK including the main fan coming on slow speed when demist is pressed. Any ideas???

rich17865
10th July 2014, 07:37
Sounds like a faulty blend motor, I am sure there is some info on changing them on here somewhere.

SD1too
10th July 2014, 07:54
... the air con works fine on the drivers side but doesnt provide chilled air to the passenger side. The A/C self test brings up the code FC00 ... Any ideas???
Hi Deryck,

Select ECON and, with the engine at normal operating temperature, vary the temperature selection on both sides. What happens then? Do you get temperature variation on the passenger side which mirrors the driver's side?

Simon

ArsenalDes
11th July 2014, 07:38
Thanks for your replies
@ Simon in ECON everything seems OK, at HI setting hot air both sides fans on full as I lower temp the fans slow and the air cools both sides evenly at LO cold air both sides fans on high and the face vents kick in blowing cold. With A/C on passenger side is the same cold air as with ECON but drivers side is chilled

So could it be low gas in air con as no idea when it was last gassed

SD1too
11th July 2014, 08:19
You have a strange one here Deryck. Your flaps must be o.k. if they can regulate the temperature evenly on both sides in 'ECON' mode. It sounds as if one side of your evaporator isn't working which I've never heard of before. If your air conditioning was low on refrigerant gas I would expect both sides to be affected.

If I were you I would phone a few local mobile air con. service businesses and tell them what's happening and see if they have any ideas. As always, I would avoid the 'fast fit' centres who do not have the time or training to carry out a diagnosis like this.

Please let us know how you get on.

Simon