PDA

View Full Version : Possible Nano Meet

Jim W
13th July 2014, 14:21
Anyone interested in doing a Nano meet in South/West Wales???
We are looking at doing this in a pub car park hopefully.
For this to go ahead we would need mechanically minded members to assist other members do the minor mods repairs to vehicles the owner needs help with obviously owner has to supply parts.

Im talking with my son in law who is a qualified mechanic and mot tester to see if he would be willing to lend his time (Free of Gratis) If anyone else can assist please let myself or Dragrad know.

Any member wanting this meet to go ahead please post interest below and what you require to be done to your 75/ZT so we can make sure other members can assist you.

Volunteer workers :
ched
peckster123
steve811
valleygixer

Those needing help :
Abbadon
Roy&Rosebud

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

Roy&Rosebud
14th July 2014, 16:20
Anyone interested in doing a Nano meet in South/West Wales???
We are looking at doing this in a pub car park hopefully.
For this to go ahead we would need mechanically minded members to assist other members do the minor mods repairs to vehicles the owner needs help with obviously owner has to supply parts.

Im talking with my son in law who is a qualified mechanic and mot tester to see if he would be willing to lend his time (Free of Gratis) If anyone else can assist please let myself or Dragrad know.

Any member wanting this meet to go ahead please post interest below and what you require to be done to your 75/ZT so we can make sure other members can assist you.

Hi Jim, I would be very interested to come along, and would appreciate

someone to check my brakes, they have not been touched since Artic

did the handbrake mod at the four Ashes Nano meet a couple of years

ago. Fully understand if this is not possible, and would appreciate

if someone could reccommend a competant garage.

As you know, ever the same.

Roy & Rosebud. (Old Man and frail Old Lady.

Take good care of each other.:}:}

steve811
15th July 2014, 07:01
Depending on location and date I would be happy to help. I can do most things on a car, have done lower mounts, PCV filter, ITP etc.

peckster123
25th July 2014, 17:26
i be happy to help done inline therm mod, fit and forget pvc filter rear drop links condensor and fan resistor upgrade plus towbar but not the electrics for it few other bit and bobs to, like steve811 depending on date and location

valleygixer
25th July 2014, 17:48
Same here. Half tidy with a spanner and have some tools etc.

Dragrad
25th July 2014, 22:39
OP updated. :D

Jim W
27th July 2014, 14:28
Sorry for delay in replying to this post been very busy in work :(

Is anyone else interested in Nano meet needing any help with mods or tinkering done

Abbadon
27th July 2014, 23:42
Sorry for delay in replying to this post been very busy in work :(

Is anyone else interested in Nano meet needing any help with mods or tinkering done
I have just purchased a ZT so I may well need a few pointers on the most important watch points! Im in Swansea.

Dragrad
28th July 2014, 00:19
I have just purchased a ZT so I may well need a few pointers on the most important watch points! Im in Swansea.
What engine ? :shrug:;)

Have a look at some of the links in my signature - may be of some help :}

Ched
31st July 2014, 08:24
Depending on date I can help / attend.

Dragrad
31st July 2014, 11:41
OP post updated :}

Abbadon
2nd August 2014, 21:47
Hi,

its a CDTi 135.

Just discovered this in the battery box however - didnt know it had one nor did the dealer I guess..

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/3054553dd5bdccf91d.jpg

So i would be interested in finding out if my car has a pierberg maf, or not, checking whether i need to clean/replace it, and checking if the synergy is working.

Secondly, if I can source an IPK with message center I would love to get it sorted by someone with a T4 - anyone close to Swansea?

Andy

What engine ? :shrug:;)

Have a look at some of the links in my signature - may be of some help :}

Dragrad
2nd August 2014, 23:27
This might be of some help...

http://tuning-diesels.com/Pierburgh/pierburgh.htm

From the same site you can explore the Synergy module.

Also plenty of threads on the forums regarding this issue:D

Abbadon
3rd August 2014, 21:35
Yes i had done some reading already, however, I haven't had time yet to strip back the covers and check the maf - can you tell without removing from the duct if its bosch or pierburg? Or must i unbolt it to tell?

The car was set to position one when i discovered the box, and to me, the car does feel sluggish below 2500. Not woeful but it lifts off at 2500rpm like my old non-intercooled pug did years ago... I tried position 3 today, high torque medium power, low compensation, and im not sure it really felt any different. does this indicate i need settings 6 and above, which are stronger maf compensation (maybe indicating i have pierburg fitted?)

I was wondering if rover ron had a record of selling a unit to the previous owner!

Another thing for the nano - im not sure if my brakes are really working 100%, or should I say the level of pressure required seems high - i was wondering if a booster problem is likely? car stops ok, just not so much bite if you get what i mean?

Andy

Trevski
3rd August 2014, 22:25
I might be interested in attending this. My car is currently in garage with serious starting issues. Doesn't like warm starts at all, also rear brake uneven wear issue, sunroof drain problem I now suspect engine mounts problems. Its a ZT CDTI 135 I am not at all mechanically minded.

Car starts with Easy start and someone with a snap on diagnostic tool told me there is a low pressure in the fuel rail fault also glo plug fault but car starts better cold so that doesn't make sense.
It would be nice to meet nice folks with knowledge and spanners for sure.

Dragrad
3rd August 2014, 23:04
Yes i had done some reading already, however, I haven't had time yet to strip back the covers and check the maf - can you tell without removing from the duct if its bosch or pierburg? Or must i unbolt it to tell?

The car was set to position one when i discovered the box, and to me, the car does feel sluggish below 2500. Not woeful but it lifts off at 2500rpm like my old non-intercooled pug did years ago... I tried position 3 today, high torque medium power, low compensation, and im not sure it really felt any different. does this indicate i need settings 6 and above, which are stronger maf compensation (maybe indicating i have pierburg fitted?)

I was wondering if rover ron had a record of selling a unit to the previous owner!

Another thing for the nano - im not sure if my brakes are really working 100%, or should I say the level of pressure required seems high - i was wondering if a booster problem is likely? car stops ok, just not so much bite if you get what i mean?

Andy

Ask the questions in the Tech Help section as you will get more responses;)

Dragrad
21st September 2014, 01:03
Back on thread please :D

stevenicks
22nd October 2015, 06:37
Well, the proposed Welsh Nano meet failed to materialise. It is a shame really as I have attended the last three W. Midland Nano meets and they are absolutely brilliant. One of the original members at the meet (Paul) is moving to West Wales in November and we are seriously thinking of getting this venture off the ground if there is enough interest.

About four meets a year would be about right starting off with the first one in the spring when hopefully the weather will have improved. It is vitally important that an ideal location is found with eating and toilet facilities nearby, also B & B's and overnight accommodation within easy driving distance. I will contact Clyde (Nev the Bear) who is the regional secretary for the South West as I'm sure he could drum up some interest from his neck, of the woods for members who be interested in attending these two day, weekend meets.

Going back to an ideal location I would be thinking along the lines of a large pub car park maybe that does food including breakfast for both days, this would bring some extra revenue to licencee. These are just my thoughts, so please can those interested have a think of the general location of where it is to take place as this needs to be pretty central for everyone.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with any ideas, suggestions or criticisms:shrug:

FLYING BANANA
22nd October 2015, 06:48
I would be interested.

ChestersDad
22nd October 2015, 11:58
Di and me would be interested to come along. Can't offer much expertise but a little experience myself but do have a few tools - might even get a couple of my own jobs done that I never seem to get motivated for! :eek:

Amazing what a bit of like minded chat can do for you.......:smilie_re:

Either way might turn out to be a really enthusiastic repeating event, drawing in a few Gurus and Experts, after a slow start but gotta start somewhere.

:group:

Cross Hands appears to be a fairly sensible and central start as a suggestion.
Though not too glamorous there is an adjacent Travelodge, large car park, cafes and shopping all close by? :shrug:

stevenicks
22nd October 2015, 13:11
Di and me would be interested to come along. Can't offer much expertise but a little experience myself but do have a few tools - might even get a couple of my own jobs done that I never seem to get motivated for! :eek:

Amazing what a bit of like minded chat can do for you.......:smilie_re:

Either way might turn out to be a really enthusiastic repeating event, drawing in a few Gurus and Experts, after a slow start but gotta start somewhere.

:group:

Cross Hands appears to be a fairly sensible and central start as a suggestion.
Though not too glamorous there is an adjacent Travelodge, large car park, cafes and shopping all close by? :shrug:
Paul has suggested Cross Hands which looks a pretty central location.If anyone has any local knowledge of that area then they may be able to suggest a suitable venue and maybe doing a little digging around. Any other suggestions by anyone then please feel free to post. I am sure some of the West Midlands nano meet members would also be interested in attending the occasional meet or two for a change of scenery and meet some new faces as the are only just up the road from us so to speak.

Please keep your views, suggestions and any ideas coming.

stevenicks
24th October 2015, 06:35
There does'nt appear to be much interest or enthusiasm at the moment but early days yet:bowdown:

stevenicks
3rd November 2015, 10:20
An well, this looks like being a none starter. Not to worry though, better to have tried and failed rather having not tried at all:shrug:

Abbadon
11th November 2015, 09:06
An well, this looks like being a none starter. Not to worry though, better to have tried and failed rather having not tried at all:shrug:
I would be interested! Just hadn't seen this thread! I live not too far from cross hands :)