PDA

View Full Version : clicking front brakes

headinhands52
14th July 2014, 15:23
I have had new pads and discs fitted all round on my 54 plate cdti but since then every time I apply the foot brake there is a clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from the front ns.i have checked that the clips are in place and nothing appears loose.when the front discs were replaced the mechanic had to drill out the grub screws that hold the disc in place could this be the problem.

klarzy
14th July 2014, 15:38
I have had new pads and discs fitted all round on my 54 plate cdti but since then every time I apply the foot brake there is a clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from the front ns.i have checked that the clips are in place and nothing appears loose.when the front discs were replaced the mechanic had to drill out the grub screws that hold the disc in place could this be the problem.

Look for damage on the inside of the disc...
It is rhythmical (once per revolution)?

Kenton
14th July 2014, 21:41

Had (have) exactly the same issue, however, after the problem, i replaced the fronts with grooved and dimpled discs, we could not find the issue, thought it was the pads, BUT changed the front discs with new 325mm 190 discs and of course the calipers and slider. STILL the same noise, it is a ticking, that I could only hear with the window down, and seemed to go with more braking force, but still have not found the issue, was there with a change of 284mm discs, stayed with complete new 190 set up and still there now. don't you love these cars!! :smilie_re: :shrug::shrug:

klarzy
14th July 2014, 21:46
Had (have) exactly the same issue, however, after the problem, i replaced the fronts with grooved and dimpled discs, we could not find the issue, thought it was the pads, BUT changed the front discs with new 325mm 190 discs and of course the calipers and slider. STILL the same noise, it is a ticking, that I could only hear with the window down, and seemed to go with more braking force, but still have not found the issue, was there with a change of 284mm discs, stayed with complete new 190 set up and still there now. don't you love these cars!! :smilie_re: :shrug::shrug:

It wouldn't be the tail of the jubilee clip on the CV boot touching the back of the calliper??

Kenton
14th July 2014, 22:00
It wouldn't be the tail of the jubilee clip on the CV boot touching the back of the calliper??

cdti calipers and then the 190 set of calipers still the same noise? :shrug::shrug:

klarzy
14th July 2014, 22:01
cdti calipers and then the 190 set of calipers still the same noise? :shrug::shrug:

Same CV Boot clip spinning round.....click,click,click