PDA

View Full Version : Creaking noise?

riclin
15th July 2014, 03:08
Hi All,
Sometimes,as I'm getting in/out of my R75 saloon,I hear a quite loud "creaking" noise which seems to come from the rear (driver's side) of the car.
It's quite a loud creak,and I wondered if anyone else's car had the same problem? & does anyone know the cause?
All springs have been replaced within the last 12/18 months & my car passed it's mot on friday with flying colours.

Many thanks for any advice.

Eric.

Doc Evil
15th July 2014, 04:23
Hi
The creak is from the handbrake shoe just contacting the backplate the metal part of the shoe that is
Put a touch of copper grease on the contact points this will cure it
However it does mean taking off the rear discs to access it your choice but maybe just live with it until you have to do some other work in that area its annoying but not a safety issue or one that causes any problems

Doc:cool:

riclin
15th July 2014, 05:43
Hi
The creak is from the handbrake shoe just contacting the backplate the metal part of the shoe that is
Put a touch of copper grease on the contact points this will cure it
However it does mean taking off the rear discs to access it your choice but maybe just live with it until you have to do some other work in that area its annoying but not a safety issue or one that causes any problems

Doc:cool:

Nice one! thanks for the advice, think I'll just put up with it for now :D :bowdown:

klarzy
15th July 2014, 06:12
Can also be the rear suspension bushes.... trailing arm to body or upper / lower arm bushes.
Stand on the door sill and hold the roof lip and bounce your weight up and down... if it creaks in time with your bounces then it is probably the suspension.

riclin
15th July 2014, 13:40
Can also be the rear suspension bushes.... trailing arm to body or upper / lower arm bushes.
Stand on the door sill and hold the roof lip and bounce your weight up and down... if it creaks in time with your bounces then it is probably the suspension.

Thanks Klarzy, Have just tried this, result was, with handbrake on, still creaking, without handbrake, NO creaking at all ! :D, so think I can assume, its not suspension related. :}

berkshirelad
15th July 2014, 14:37
Or in my case, just my old bones. :p:

No cure there

Mikeal1
15th July 2014, 14:47
Lose some weight

suzublu
15th July 2014, 14:53
Lose some weight
Beat me to it :D:D:getmecoat:

Mikeal1