PDA

View Full Version : Roof bar fitting problem

topman
15th July 2014, 16:17
I've got some roof bars to fit, however the attachments on the car don't appear to be there. Where there should be some nuts to screw in the bolts that come with the bracket there is just a stud. Anyone had problems fitting them before? Mines a 2005 if that makes any difference.

yzf600r
15th July 2014, 17:50
If its saloon. Remove the plastic caps on the strips underneath will be a threaded hole. Sometimes it has a plastic bung in that needs removing first.

topman
16th July 2014, 15:04

This is the inside of the weather strip. Anyone any idea how to attach to that? I suspect something is missing, but not sure what?

picky747
16th July 2014, 15:10
The blue thing in the middle is like a plastic rivet,just stick a small screwdriver or similar in the hole and prise it out.

Jakg
16th July 2014, 15:25
As above - jab a slightly large screwdriver and turn. They are plastic bungs with a thread on the end, but they are then painted over the top of.

Even though I've no intention of fitting a roof rack I removed mine anyway to prevent a future owner getting confused.

topman
16th July 2014, 16:37
Thanks all, figured it out now. Should get them fitted tomorrow. :}

topman
18th July 2014, 14:22
All sorted. If anyone is planning on fitting them I found it much easier to fit washers to the brackets to 'lift' them up as it's a very tight fit the sleeve in the base isn't really tall enough. Raising the high by about 2 mm is fine.

Duotone
18th July 2014, 16:50
All sorted. If anyone is planning on fitting them I found it much easier to fit washers to the brackets to 'lift' them up as it's a very tight fit the sleeve in the base isn't really tall enough. Raising the high by about 2 mm is fine.

Glad you finally got them fitted.

I was a bit worried after you collected them from me that you might be unable to make them fit.

Dave T

topman
18th July 2014, 17:03
Got them sorted in the end! It's just those brackets are too short.