PDA

View Full Version : drivers door wont unlock via remote...

theridler
16th July 2014, 22:25
Hi my drivers door will only unlock by key... all other doors unlock fine with remote... remote will lock all doors... (well all the knobs go down anyway...). Does this mean drivers door solenoid is on the way out or is there some other things to check out? If its a door solenoid I need to replace wheres the best place to get one?

trikey
16th July 2014, 22:30
Yes, a dead solenoid by the sound of it!

klarzy
16th July 2014, 22:38
It's the whole lock unit... I just got one off ebay for £15...

An hour to fit, fiddley but doable for a diy job...

theridler
20th July 2014, 19:18
Got there in the end... much easier to remove window glass. Just needed to watch out re clampig glass.... but I think Ive forgotten to connect the cross thing up to the door handle!!! :o :o :o Well looks like I'll have to remove door card & window glass again. Now the remote works but not the key!!!

Mike Noc
21st July 2014, 07:12
Hi my drivers door will only unlock by key... all other doors unlock fine with remote... remote will lock all doors... (well all the knobs go down anyway...). Does this mean drivers door solenoid is on the way out or is there some other things to check out? If its a door solenoid I need to replace wheres the best place to get one?

If they had fitted solenoids they might last have lasted longer, but they used motors instead. :getmecoat:

theridler
21st July 2014, 07:21
Yeah good point I used the word solenoid because its a given (well mostly) thats whats usually used on car doors!:-) :-) :-)

MevagisseyMedic
21st July 2014, 07:22
No need to remove window glass, it will come out without doing that, just remove the 2 bolts on the door supporting the glass runner and push it bak a bit to squeeze the lock thru.

klarzy
21st July 2014, 07:25
No need to remove window glass, it will come out without doing that, just remove the 2 bolts on the door supporting the glass runner and push it bak a bit to squeeze the lock thru.

You can do that, but for the 3 minutes it takes to remove the glass it makes the job a shed load easier to access...

theridler
21st July 2014, 11:12
You can do that, but for the 3 minutes it takes to remove the glass it makes the job a shed load easier to access...

I would have to agree after having done it... and if you're careful not to over tighten glass clamps I would say its about 1/4 hr to remove & replace glass... against maybe twice that long fiddling about??

Regarding key lock not actuating - is there any other reason other than I forgot to connect the cross thingy...that would cause this?
If you turn the key there's no resistance to movement at all, like the lock barrel is not connected to anything (which makes me think I forgot to connect the cross thingy ...)?

klarzy
21st July 2014, 15:40
Sounds right.

theridler
24th July 2014, 20:06
Sorted just as I thought... the connector shaft with cross on end wasnt in its socket on the door handle side.... well you live & you learn :-) At least now Ive got no worries dealing with door locks... definitely becomes quite an easy job once you remove the door glass...