PDA

View Full Version : Cdti automatic gutless even after 160 map.

pletevl
17th July 2014, 09:48
Hi all,

I went to Phil's yesterday to have a health check and the 160 map update on my 75 cdti automatic. I wanted the update doing because I found the car gutless after 40 mph.

After the update the car now flies off the mark, first gear is almost redundant, the box changes to second almost instantly.

BUT it's still gutless after 40 mph.

Phil did a health check and the MAF was in spec, but he did notice something was out with one of the readings, if I remember correctly it should read around 580 at 3000 revs but mine was low around 500, Phil suggested a blocked air filter but it's new. I'm waiting for a message from him to see if he remembers what it was.

So, does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Pete.

Rick-sta
17th July 2014, 11:57
Could it be a split intercooler hose/o rings or the pipe connected to the turbo popped off?

pletevl
17th July 2014, 12:32
I've just ordered some intercooler o rings.
The car feels a bit asthmatic. It revs up to the red line it just does it slowly and with no oomf whatsoever.

Frank Incensed
17th July 2014, 13:12
If it'll reach 60 mph in about 12 seconds (1/8 mile) and 75 mph in about 19 seconds (1/4 mile), then it's doing OK (from the times we've achieved at Santa Pod;)).
You should know what you're going to get with the diesel, in that its torque and power spread almost makes what gear you're in irrelevant. So, in the real world - in traffic - it doesn't seem to be a slouch. Just put your foot down and go! :}
But if you want better acceleration than the figures above you need a different car, I'm afraid.:shrug: