PDA

View Full Version : spanner & family weekend

actros
18th July 2014, 21:16
To you all
A spanner and family weekend at Doncaster.
the week end of the Saturday 20th September and Sunday 21st September
The venue
Aeroventure Museum Doncaster
Friday night meal at the pub just down the road
Sat night BBQ
room for caravans and camping
caravans is £7.50 per night with electric hook up
camping is £5.00 " " " " " "
Cars per day £5.00
Toilets and showers 24 hours
Premier inn just down the road the address Doncaster Central Herton way
Post code DN4 7NW.
Those that are caravaning or camping can you say when you put your names down you can come Friday afternoon from 2 ish onwards.

List for names.

1 Actros (camping)
2 Ssizefive (caravaning)
3 The Doctor (camping)
4 Andy Willi
5 Raynor (Sat+ sun )
6 Bigruss
7 nigel
8 Lexley 5900+ Mich (camping)
9 Andylwilson
10 Whitegold
11 Big JohnR
12 Canoite (Sat)
13 Grumpy1 (sat)
14 LButler91
15 Big russ
16 Cjdonny
17 Ricado65
18 Rosswalki
19 GMT
20 Minty2(sat camping)
21 pab
22 Maxi_Crawf

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

ssizefive
18th July 2014, 21:54
I'll be there Brian, Fri afternoon. Will see if Ross decides to show up this time!!
Steve.

Delirious
25th July 2014, 11:06
hi guys, we will be at this one, camping both nights, im deffinatley in need of your experience to cure a problem, my cars had since ive owned it lol

Timbo.P6
27th July 2014, 09:47
morning everbody:bowdown:

actros
2nd August 2014, 19:39
COME ON LADS GET YOUR NAMES DOWN AND SUPPORT THE YORKSHIRE AREA.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

andy willi
8th August 2014, 16:41
put me down and raynor

andy

actros
10th August 2014, 17:55
put me down and raynor

andyList updated.

lexey5900
11th August 2014, 18:47
put me and mitch down please camping both days

Nige B
11th August 2014, 19:05
put me and mitch down please camping both days
Where have you been hiding ??

andylwilson
13th August 2014, 22:49
Put me down for Sunday can't make a full weekend this time

lexey5900
18th August 2014, 20:54
Where have you been hiding ??

hi nigel

just had a few family issues to sort out will explain over a coffee see you at the meet if you are attending

Nige B
18th August 2014, 21:00
hi nigel

just had a few family issues to sort out will explain over a coffee see you at the meet if you are attending
Ok mate ....I guessed as much .See you soon and we'll catch up.

Nige B
18th August 2014, 21:04
Have been looking at the how to for changing drop links ...looks straight forward ..but as you lot know I'm rubbish and am hoping someone will help me in fitting them....Hopefully will be there on Saturday 20th for a few hours.Unless my missus has other plans (Mine and daughters birthdays are close to the date)...cheers.

actros
21st August 2014, 19:41
COME ON LADS SUPPORT THIS MEET ITS A GREAT WEEKEND ALL ARE WELCOME.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Sorry lads if there is no support for this meet i will have to cancell it.

actros
25th August 2014, 14:10
COME ON LADS SUPPORT THIS MEET ITS A GREAT WEEKEND ALL ARE WELCOME.
Sorry lads if there is no support for this meet i will have to cancell it.

whitegold
28th August 2014, 08:28
I'll be there on Saturday as usual Brian, hope it get's the support it deserve's, always a good 'do'.

Big John R
28th August 2014, 15:53
Can you please include me on your list. I will make every effort to be there
Big John R

actros
29th August 2014, 20:04
To you all
The venue
Sat night BBQ
Cars per day £5.00
Post code DN4 7NW.
Those that are caravaning or camping can you say when you put your names down you can come Friday afternoon from 2 ish onwards.

List for names.

1 Actros (camping)
2 Ssizefive (caravaning)
3 The Doctor (camping)
4 Andy Willi
5 Raynor (camping)
6 Bigruss
7 nigel
9 Andylwilson
10 Whitegold
11 Big JohnR List up dated

Canonite
30th August 2014, 20:44
Put me down for a saturday visit Brian

LButler91
4th September 2014, 19:00
Put myself and Les B down :)

Grumpy1
4th September 2014, 21:26
Put me down for the Saturday please Brian.

Chad. :}

Raynor
6th September 2014, 08:57
Hey guys. This time me and Sarah won't be camping. I'll be coming on the Saturday and we may make an appearance on the Sunday as Sarah is currently unwell.

cjdonny
7th September 2014, 17:48
Add me
Looking for someone to code a spare key & possible a bit more power :-):D

Also if someone can check my vis motors & ajust handbrake a bit

Beer can be bought from cheswold ;-)

oww and them dam screws on the underside of the front bumper!

BigRuss
7th September 2014, 23:52
Add me
Looking for someone to code a spare key & possible a bit more power :-):D

I should be able to do those for you ;)

Russ

Grumpy1
8th September 2014, 15:33
Any chance of re-programming my fobs please Russ? They haven't worked since BCU was replaced to cure phantom window opening problem. Apparently a bar code has to be created? :shrug:

Something completely different - my shannon tube has disintegrated (surprise surprise! :D). I've got a tube but I just can't crawl round on the floor anymore due to arthritis! :mad: Will anyone be able to do this please? I'm not looking for f.o.c. work. Quite willing to pay but don't know anyone locally and certainly don't trust garages! :eek:

ssizefive
8th September 2014, 18:55
Any chance of re-programming my fobs please Russ? They haven't worked since BCU was replaced to cure phantom window opening problem. Apparently a bar code has to be created? :shrug:

Something completely different - my shannon tube has disintegrated (surprise surprise! :D). I've got a tube but I just can't crawl round on the floor anymore due to arthritis! :mad: Will anyone be able to do this please? I'm not looking for f.o.c. work. Quite willing to pay but don't know anyone locally and certainly don't trust garages! :eek:

We will sort the Shannon tube for you, and the charge will be foc!!

Steve.

BigRuss
10th September 2014, 12:08

Yes I can sort the remotes out for you ;)

Russ

ricardo65
10th September 2014, 20:37
all being well should make the Saturday be bringing - incredible --ulk- with me as well :}

rosswalki
11th September 2014, 09:20
Put me down +1 please. I can bring a selection of tools along and have a generator if required? Thanks, Rosswalki

actros
11th September 2014, 18:58
Put me down +1 please. I can bring a selection of tools along and have a generator if required? Thanks, RosswalkiList now updated :bowdown:

minty2
11th September 2014, 21:35
Count me in for Sat / Sun. Hoping to get some help with handbrake mod while I'm there. Will either stay at the Premier or camp on site To you all
The venue
Sat night BBQ
Cars per day £5.00
Post code DN4 7NW.

List for names.

1 Actros (camping)
2 Ssizefive (caravaning)
3 The Doctor (camping)
4 Andy Willi
5 Raynor (Sat+ sun )
6 Bigruss
7 nigel
9 Andylwilson
10 Whitegold
11 Big JohnR
12 Canoite (Sat)
13 Grumpy1 (sat)
14 LButler91
15 Big russ
16 Cjdonny
17 Ricado65
18 Rosswalki

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

GMT
11th September 2014, 22:17
put me down plzz too

donnylad
12th September 2014, 07:45
if the cars running I will try and get there on the Saturday!

HarryM1BYT
12th September 2014, 09:32
One of the forum members attending the meeting (minty2) is collecting an handbrake compensator on route to the meet, intending to fit it at the meet and drop his old one off on the way back home, to get a cash refund on his deposit. I wonder if there might be others attending the meet and in need of their compensator changing?

I'm thinking - you make the usual 2x payments via paypal (£8 + £25 deposit), Minty2 then collects all of them together and also returns them for you on the way back. Which saves you the cost return P+P and you get your £25 refunded on the day.

Please note, it is first come first served - my stock is limited. The usual rule of enquiring by direct email applies please, rather than PM.

Grumpy1
12th September 2014, 10:21
Great idea. If someone will fit this for me please, I'm definitely up for it. My handbrake lever does lift quite high, so I assume it needs doing. :shrug: :bowdown:
I'm embarrassed about asking for things to be done, but I just can't manage many jobs myself these days. :mad:

Cheers,

PS I'm going to be away from my computer for a few hours now so please don't think I'm ignoring any replies.

Chad.

minty2
12th September 2014, 11:46
Harry tells me that you're also hoping to install his handbrake mod during the weekend. Do you want me to pick one up for you on the way down on Saturday? I'll be there before noon hopefully. I intend following Harry's guide. Please reply to my standard email address please ([email protected]).

Put me down for the Saturday please Brian.

HarryM1BYT
12th September 2014, 12:30
Harry tells me that you're also hoping to install his handbrake mod during the weekend. Do you want me to pick one up for you on the way down on Saturday? I'll be there before noon hopefully.

The mods will delete your email addy, so I'll pass it on to Grumpy1 on your behalf. Yes he was hoping there would be someone there to help do the swap and I suggested he might want to partner up with you at the meet.

Grumpy1
12th September 2014, 15:28
Harry tells me that you're also hoping to install his handbrake mod during the weekend. Do you want me to pick one up for you on the way down on Saturday? I'll be there before noon hopefully. I intend following Harry's guide. Please reply to my standard email address please ([email protected]).

E-mail sent David. :bowdown:

Cheers,

Grumpy1
12th September 2014, 15:37
The mods will delete your email addy, so I'll pass it on to Grumpy1 on your behalf. Yes he was hoping there would be someone there to help do the swap and I suggested he might want to partner up with you at the meet.

Payment sent Harry.

Thanks a lot.

HarryM1BYT
12th September 2014, 16:11
Payment sent Harry.

Thanks a lot.

It was you! :}

It really needed to be two separate payments of £8 + £25 so I could just do you a straight forward refund on the £25, thus avoiding Paypal's charges when I repay you. Never mind, leave it as it is and I'll sort it out somehow.

Anyone making Paypal payments for compensators please note the payment and the deposit need to be two completely separate payments please. It doesn't work if you make one single payment. That enables me to refund the deposit of £25 with no extra Paypal charge.

pab
14th September 2014, 20:04
Just noticed my name is not on the list..

stocktake
14th September 2014, 20:29
Bit far for me to get back lads, sorry :)

Duotone
14th September 2014, 20:51
Just noticed my name is not on the list..

Name added.

Maybe Brian should get his crystal ball cleaned ;)

Dave T

Canonite
14th September 2014, 23:13
Name added.

Maybe Brian should get his crystal ball cleaned ;)

Dave T

I dont want to think about Brian cleaning his balls :(
Sleep tight :/

ssizefive
15th September 2014, 07:10
Is anyone else camping / caravanning on Friday and Saturday nights? I am down to stay both nights but am thinking about staying at the caravan site where I am now if no one else is staying both nights.

maxi_crawf
15th September 2014, 11:49
Can you put me down for the Saturday please :D

LButler91
15th September 2014, 17:47
Might have to count me out, no car for the weekend as shes ill =[

actros
15th September 2014, 19:05
Is anyone else camping / caravanning on Friday and Saturday nights? I am down to stay both nights but am thinking about staying at the caravan site where I am now if no one else is staying both nights.Hi Steve i will be there both nights and lexey will be there as well.

andy willi
16th September 2014, 08:06
i will be there on saturday night camping

andy

HarryM1BYT
16th September 2014, 08:32
Just to remind everyone....

These spanner meets are a great opportunity to get your handbrake system up to scratch....

I still have a few modified handbrake compensators in stock here. A couple of compensators are making there way down to the meet, for changing during the weekend, but a few more can be arranged providing they are paid for in advance. They are cheap as chips, a low cost fix for a potential MOT failure.

Details below, in my sig..

minty2
16th September 2014, 13:14
I'll probably be camping O/N Sat.

stocktake
16th September 2014, 20:23
Any pictures boys and girls? Its a little to hot here to be searching about for them :D Still 26 degrees in the bar.........

suzublu
16th September 2014, 20:36
Any pictures boys and girls? Its a little to hot here to be searching about for them :D Still 26 degrees in the bar.........

Hasn't happened yet, you lucky,drunken old g.i.t:D Get back in the bar:getmecoat::D

stocktake
16th September 2014, 21:20
Wife always said I was premature😜 free bar is great Ronnie

Grumpy1
18th September 2014, 10:10
I'll be bringing a few items to the meet on Saturday that will be f.o.c. to anyone who would like them. OEM smokestone steering wheel with i.c.e. and c.c. controls, oem sandstone illuminated sun visors (bought the wrong colour :duh:) and oem auto gear knob (no rod).

See you all on Saturday,

ssizefive
18th September 2014, 14:49
I'll be bringing a few items to the meet on Saturday that will be f.o.c. to anyone who would like them. OEM smokestone steering wheel with i.c.e. and c.c. controls, oem sandstone illuminated sun visors (bought the wrong colour :duh:) and oem auto gear knob (no rod).

See you all on Saturday,

I would like the steering wheel please.

Thanks

Steve.

Grumpy1
18th September 2014, 14:54
I would like the steering wheel please.

Thanks

Steve.

Ok Steve, it's yours me duck!

ssizefive
18th September 2014, 15:01
Ok Steve, it's yours me duck!

Thanks. See you Saturday.

Steve.

James.uk
18th September 2014, 15:18
Ow ya gonna steer getting to the meet Steve?? Pair of mole grips? :D:D:D

ssizefive
18th September 2014, 15:55
Ow ya gonna steer getting to the meet Steve?? Pair of mole grips? :D:D:D

:D hadn't thought of that one Bob, luckily the car has been to the aeroventure enough times now so it should be able to get there without one :D

Steve.

ricardo65
18th September 2014, 18:43
unfortunately wont make the Saturday now due to family commitment's :mad: hope you all have a good weekend :}

andy willi
18th September 2014, 19:28
anyone want some zt front end body parts as i have some

andy

Nige B
19th September 2014, 09:11
anyone want some zt front end body parts as i have some

andy
I need help with drop links fitting ;):bowdown: ...is there a smilie for begging :o

GMT
19th September 2014, 09:21
lol i need help with an Aux belt too,

andy willi
19th September 2014, 09:21
will bring the hammer chisel and grinder then

andy

GMT
19th September 2014, 09:24

andy
What A True Gent :)

Nige B
19th September 2014, 09:59
unfortunately wont make the Saturday now due to family commitment's :mad: hope you all have a good weekend :}
That's a real shame Richard...catch you later at another meet.

HarryM1BYT
19th September 2014, 14:29
Mr Grumpy - David called in an hour ago and collected both your handbrake compensator and his, in readiness for the meet.

Nige B
19th September 2014, 15:05

andy
You're a gent Andrew..:}

ssizefive
19th September 2014, 15:14
You're a gent Andrew..:}

You may need a raincoat as well - was quite nice when i left Clumber park this morning but it is now raining here at the Aeroventure!!

Steve

ricardo65
19th September 2014, 15:31
That's a real shame Richard...catch you later at another meet.

cheers nige sometimes family has to come first :} 3 weekends in a row was pushing it a bit :D

Nige B
19th September 2014, 15:53
You may need a raincoat as well - was quite nice when i left Clumber park this morning but it is now raining here at the Aeroventure!!

Steve
Will have a hi vis coat in the car ....and something to kneel on ..have a nice meal mate.(assuming you are going to the pub ).

Union Wheels
19th September 2014, 19:22
Please add my name to the list for Saturday

Pete.

cjdonny
19th September 2014, 19:28
Working Saturday now
So unless I pop down around 3/4pm

I will be there sunday

BigRuss
19th September 2014, 21:12
Working Saturday now
So unless I pop down around 3/4pm

I will be there sunday

Just sent you a pm I'll hang on for you tomorrow (Sat) if you can make it

Look forward to seeing you

Russ

ssizefive
20th September 2014, 07:33
The good news is that it is dry this morning if rather grey. I was woken up at 4.00am to a load of noise from Brians tent, when i plucked up the courage to look out of the window there he was battling with a baby fox that was trying to gain access to his tent!! Imagine how disappointed it would have been should it have succeeded! Very funny though. :D

Steve.

Nige B
20th September 2014, 07:54
The good news is that it is dry this morning if rather grey. I was woken up at 4.00am to a load of noise from Brians tent, when i plucked up the courage to look out of the window there he was battling with a baby fox that was trying to gain access to his tent!! Imagine how disappointed it would have been should it have succeeded! Very funny though. :D

Steve.
Haha...would've loved to have seen that...there was no fear of him wrestling with a Beaver in his tent at that time ;).Not with that smile :D:D

pab
20th September 2014, 08:01
Brian attracting attention, again. :}

Nige B
20th September 2014, 18:08
Enjoyed the day , talking to a few members i'd not met until today.Unfortunately not as many as expected ( which is a shame )..but the ones who made the effort have to commended.Big thank you to andy Willi :bowdown: for sorting my droplinks , and to the guys for the coffee / teas :bowdown:.This is really a great meet that is in danger of being discontinued due to lack of attendees.This would be a great loss to the calendar as its one of the better meets I have attended , run by the friendliest bunch you could wish to meet.
PLEASE DON'T LET THIS FIXTURE END....

cjdonny
20th September 2014, 18:13
Nice to meet a few people
Thanks to Russ for the re-map
And to find out both my vis motors are not working! !

pab
20th September 2014, 18:27
Nice to meet a few people
Thanks to Russ for the re-map
And to find out both my vis motors are not working! !
Glad Russ got you sorted. You will have to wait for the return of stocktake for the VIS motors.:}

cjdonny
20th September 2014, 18:49
Think I will get some posted out to him(have some spare)

Also need to sort a spare key out

Take it nobody will be there sunday?

andy willi
20th September 2014, 19:17
Enjoyed the day , talking to a few members i'd not met until today.Unfortunately not as many as expected ( which is a shame )..but the ones who made the effort have to commended.Big thank you to andy Willi :bowdown: for sorting my droplinks , and to the guys for the coffee / teas :bowdown:.This is really a great meet that is in danger of being discontinued due to lack of attendees.This would be a great loss to the calendar as its one of the better meets I have attended , run by the friendliest bunch you could wish to meet.
PLEASE DON'T LET THIS FIXTURE END....

THIS MEET WILL NEVER END

I WILL TAKE IT ON AS I STARTED IT

HELP WILL BE NEEDED

GET YOUR NAMES DOWN TO HELP

as for today brilliant.
attendance small and the rain did not help but we must carry on this is one of the best meets we have you can get your car repaired for free by the people that know and it really gets to me that it was not well attended.

but in the true British grit we must go on.

i will sort another meet next year and start a post on it soon .

there will be changes entry fees will be by on line orders so no ticket no entry as some attendees wont pay

we are after all supporting the museum and they need the money they have bent over backwards to help and i think we have let them down and are now taking the pi--

many thanks for all that attended today

andy

whitegold
21st September 2014, 11:09
Really enjoyed yesterday as usual, great bunch of guy's. Must admit I had similar concerns to Nigeeb but was very glad to read Andy's comments, really hope this meet keeps going, it's superb.
Big thank's to Russ for sorting my key problem and T4 session and not forgetting Nigeeb for the mirror bit's. Like I said, great meet and great guy's-- forget the weather we can't alter that:}:} Looking forward to next year now!!
Thank's again to all who organised it.

oldcarguy
21st September 2014, 12:32
Really would liked to have attended but the wife is very ill and is on oxygen 24/7. Some of you will know her from previous meets, trundling round on her mobility scooter.

rosswalki
21st September 2014, 12:34
I have just arrived at the museum to attend the meet and nobody is here! I should have read the posts before I set off but here now so I may as well have a look round the museum! Hope to attend the next meet, hopefully on time and on the right day though haha!

Rosswalki

maxi_crawf
21st September 2014, 13:40
I know I am only a newbie to these meets (although I have been a member of the forum since 06) but the club is the members and if we don't turn up for these events there will be no club, every time I have attended I have learned something new,
even if we don't actively do things like organising and running things, turning up and taking part makes it all worthwhile.

Learn something new, save money ey-up ;) , keep the cars running :bowdown: and meet new friends :chat:

ssizefive
21st September 2014, 14:57
despite the turnout & poor weather i still had a good weekend although i am glad that all the food for the bbq had not been pre ordered as it has in the past or we would have been majorly out of pocket, Thanks to Actros ( The Fox Whisperer :D:D) for arranging the meet & to everybody else that attended for making it an enjoyable day.

Steve.

EastPete
21st September 2014, 18:16
It is such a shame to hear of the poor turnout for this event- I only became aware of it when idly browsing through the forum yesterday. I am just south of Peterborough, about 90 minutes from Doncaster, so would have loved to come and get one or two niggles on my car looked at. Perhaps for the next spanner meet, it should be more widely publicised around the surrounding regions (being in Cambridgeshire, I do not think I belong to any region - it is a question of gate-crashing one of the neighbouring region meets - Lincs./Norfolk etc. There do not seem to be many members in Cambs).

Keep up the good work

Pete
:}

Delirious
9th January 2015, 13:47
hello all, very sorry I couldn't make it, my health went down hill again and ive been laid up ever since, im also sorry to hear the turnout has been a little poor also, so as im now fixed finally, I just wanted to say that I WILL be at the next meet with you boys and girls and im looking forward to seeing you all again soon
cheers guys
Kev

James.uk
9th January 2015, 14:03
Maybe all meets should be published far more widely, I see no good reason for only advertising them locally .. innit.. :)

Kyletrek
15th January 2015, 13:55
When is the next meet?

mickfgr2
11th May 2015, 08:01
Are there any spanner & family meets at Doncaster organised for the near future? I missed the last one but very much enjoyed the ones i attended before. thanks Mick