PDA

View Full Version : 48th Halfway House meet. August 17th

FLYING BANANA
24th July 2014, 08:14
48th Halfway House meet and our 4th Anniversary Run. August 17th

We are meeting up at the Halfway House from 9.30 -11.00. Then we are convoying down to the Garrison Pub in Shoeburyness. Last year we had our own parking area.
We will be holding a raffle to raise funds for the club. So if you have something that you would like to donate as a prize then bring it along.

The Garrison does do food and I believe the B B Q will also be up and running.

Address is:
The Garrison, Campfield Road, Shoeburyness, Southend-on-sea, Essex.
SS3 9 BX

PLEASE READ THE ABOVE IF TRAVELLING DOWN TO THE GARRISON
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should you wish to stay at the Halfway House that will be fine as I expect some will. If the weather is hot then the roads will be busy.

The next Halfway House meet will be on Sunday 21st September.

OCTOBER 19th WILL BE OUR 50th MEET AT THE HALFWAY HOUSE.

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around four years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet, there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend, it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area, serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.
After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park.

The current Meet Reps are Alan Hodgson - Rover BRM, Paul Woodham-Trophy Blue ZT, Dave Beale- Solar Red ZTT, Bob Burgess in either Sunspot Yellow ZT or a Firefrost ZT.

These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT RUBBISH IN THE BINS PROVIDED OR TAKE HOME WITH YOU PLEASE.

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS
The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden - Wheelchair Access - Disabled Toilet - Baby Changing Facility - Outdoor Children's Play Area - Car Parking for 100+ Cars - Debit & Credit Cards Accepted - Great Hot Food - Good Selection of Beers, Wine and Spirits.
Also on site is a Little Chef and a Travelodge Hotel.

MG-Rover South East can be found on Facebook.

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are:::::::::::

Grandy - Audi
Alan- Rover BRM
Dannyboy - Rover 75
David75 - Rover 75
GCJ - Rover 75
rockbillyrambo - Rover 75
Jan A-T. Rover 75
Peter & Wife. Rover 75
Simon.Jane - Rover 75
Dave B- MG ZTT
Dave W-MG ZTT
Coolcat - ZTT
Becky- MG ZR
G.Shaw - MG ZR or Rover 100
Jo- MG ZR. Won "Car of the Month" for July
Lauren- MG ZT in Celestial Blue.
Bob - MG ZT. "Redfive".
Mark - MG ZT
Carla - MG ZT
Dragonheart65 - MG ZT
Denis - MG ZT
FezzyFox - MG ZT
Woody804 - MG ZT
Daytona365 -- MG ZS in Trophy Yellow
KevEm - MG ZS
Leopard680 - Leyland Cat

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical Rover 75/ MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

Dragonheart65
24th July 2014, 20:46
I'll be there Bob

Danny

RPWC
24th July 2014, 21:02
I will try and get to the October or November meet Bob, will see how things are nearer the time.

FLYING BANANA
24th July 2014, 21:44
I will try and get to the October or November meet Bob, will see how things are nearer the time.
Ok Richard. Be nice to see you a bit later on.

coolcat
26th July 2014, 20:54
Can you put my name down please Bob:}

FLYING BANANA
27th July 2014, 05:33
Yes Jeff and The Little Chef is on standby.

coolcat
27th July 2014, 07:22
Yes Jeff and The Little Chef is on standby.

Oh, early doors breakfast followed by lunch in the other pub:drool4:
Could always drive back to the Halfway afterwards for Supper as well:D:getmecoat:

Dannyboy10227
28th July 2014, 22:16
Put my name down please

Dannyboy10227 - rover75 saloon

FLYING BANANA
28th July 2014, 22:35
Put my name down please

Dannyboy10227 - rover75 saloon

Ok Danny, name on list.

simon.jane
28th July 2014, 22:38
Can you put us down as well

rockabillyrambo
28th July 2014, 22:42
Hello
Will it be ok for me to come.
If my Rover is well I will be in mine If not a passenger with Simon

FLYING BANANA
29th July 2014, 07:53
Hello
Will it be ok for me to come.
If my Rover is well I will be in mine If not a passenger with Simon

You'll be more than welcome to attend. Name on the ever growing list

Leyland Worldmaster
29th July 2014, 10:14
May I bring my Leyland Cat bob? :)

FLYING BANANA
29th July 2014, 10:24
May I bring my Leyland Cat bob? :)

Stu, you can bring anything you like as long as it's legal. Name on list.

coolcat
29th July 2014, 10:32
Just a thought Bob, do we need to let you know if we are intending to join the run to the other pub for lunch?
Didn't know if you had to let them know numbers;)

FLYING BANANA
29th July 2014, 12:46
Just a thought Bob, do we need to let you know if we are intending to join the run to the other pub for lunch?
Didn't know if you had to let them know numbers;)

No need. Not everyone will go onto the other pub anyway.

Woof25
31st July 2014, 09:36
Hate to miss chatting to Jeff but another meet trumps you this this and after 4 years you don't need woof to make it a success anyway drive carefully no fender benders:}

FLYING BANANA
31st July 2014, 10:36
Hate to miss chatting to Jeff but another meet trumps you this this and after 4 years you don't need woof to make it a success anyway drive carefully no fender benders:}
OK Mike, meet up soon. Take care.

david75
31st July 2014, 20:28
I'll go straight to Shoebury as I am only 10 mins away.

FLYING BANANA
31st July 2014, 20:36
Ok David, see you there

grandy
6th August 2014, 12:46
yes please Bob ,will attend.

FLYING BANANA
6th August 2014, 14:01
Be a pleasure to see you again Gary. Will you be going straight to the Garrison? Not that it matters.

coolcat
6th August 2014, 19:07
yes please Bob ,will attend.

Hi Gary,

Looking forward to seeing you Sir.
If you wished to wet your whistle and leave the car at home it would be my pleasure to pick you up, just let me know:}

grandy
8th August 2014, 08:23
How nice of you bob jeff ,no i will go to halfway house only, as i am tea total i don't drink jeff no not even at christmas,now if we just pop back a few decades when i was in my 30s much much diferen't story.see you all soon------------looking forward to it.-----gary

coolcat
8th August 2014, 08:32
How nice of you bob jeff ,no i will go to halfway house only, as i am tea total i don't drink jeff no not even at christmas,now if we just pop back a few decades when i was in my 30s much much diferen't story.see you all soon------------looking forward to it.-----gary

Hi Gary,

Look forward to seeing you next weekend Sir:}

FezzyFox
12th August 2014, 08:37
I notice i have already been put on the list, But i shall be there.

coolcat
12th August 2014, 09:06
I notice i have already been put on the list, But i shall be there.

That will be Bob's psychic abilities Tom;):D

FLYING BANANA
12th August 2014, 09:07
That will be Bob's psychic abilities Tom;):D
Sadly it don't work for the lottery.

peter.goodson
13th August 2014, 18:19
Hi Bob

Please add me and my wife to the list, we will going to the Garrison as well.

Many thanks

Peter

FLYING BANANA
13th August 2014, 19:08
Ok Peter. Name on the list.

coolcat
13th August 2014, 19:18
Sadly it don't work for the lottery.

That's a shame Bob;):D
Really looking forward to Sunday:drool4:

GCJ
16th August 2014, 15:59
Hi all,
Will hope to be attending at both venues, thanks Bob.

John

FLYING BANANA
16th August 2014, 17:31
Hi all,
Will hope to be attending at both venues, thanks Bob.

John
Ok John, name on the list.

FLYING BANANA
16th August 2014, 17:35
This looks like it is only to be a good turn out.. Along with the MGRSE page over on Facebook we are looking at over 50 cars making the meet.

FLYING BANANA
17th August 2014, 16:31
41 cars made the meet at the Garrison in Shoeburyness. We had a MGF from Germany attending. Also a MG6 RS 200 Concept Car. The raffle raised £240. £176 was donated to the Tourette's charity. Lots of prizes were donated. One of the raffle prizes was the children's Banana skin, that was given to me by Harrisop. Fezzy Fox, Tom, won this and bless him, he put it on.

The Star prize was £50 worth of Mequiars cleaning products, donated by Alan Hodgson aka FastAlan owner of the Rover BRM. And won by me.

I'll post up some pictures later on. But here is one of Tom. Could a mod spin it round for me.

GCJ
17th August 2014, 17:27
Have to say the charity side is great, but why did everyone shoot off so quickly? Was it a race to get to Shoebury? Thought it was going to be a convoy and we all followed each other.
Hey doesn't matter but won't be doing again:shrug:

FLYING BANANA
17th August 2014, 19:31
Have to say the charity side is great, but why did everyone shoot off so quickly? Was it a race to get to Shoebury? Thought it was going to be a convoy and we all followed each other.
Hey doesn't matter but won't be doing again:shrug:

It was not a race to get to Shoeburyness. The idea to run in convoy is ok if there is no other traffic around. The way it worked today was to follow, but the lead group of 9 cars shot off leaving the rest to follow. The second group of cars took the wrong turning, and they got lost even though that most of the cars were running with Sat Nav's, and I ended up leading the final group.

But cars get separated through no fault of their own. Traffic lights, roundabouts and other road users take there toll.

We only do this run once a year. Why not come to the next Halfway House meet, in September, and meet the guys and gals that make this one of the best meets in the Southeast.

In October we will be holding our 50th meet so come and join the fun.

coolcat
17th August 2014, 19:49
Just got back from the Old Garrison Pub,
Have to say I thought it was a great venue with lovely food and very welcoming staff:bowdown:
We loved it so much we had a Sunday Roast carvery and later in the day had another meal as well:drool4:
I can officially say.......I'm stuffed:D

Great meeting up with the usual suspects and some new faces as well.
Well done to the 'team' for organising another great day:bowdown:

FLYING BANANA
18th August 2014, 05:14
The winners of "Car of The Month" was split between Alan Hodgson - Rover BRM, Dave Beale - MG ZTT, Paul Woodham - MG ZT and me - MG ZT "RedFive"

Gate Keeper
18th August 2014, 06:49
What date is your next meet Bob at Halfway House?

FLYING BANANA
18th August 2014, 09:38
September 21st Phil. The October meet will be our 50th.

Pistonbroke666
18th August 2014, 09:50
Glad today went well and I'm sorry I missed it.

Looking forward to joining everyone at the next meet :)

david75
21st August 2014, 21:01
Video of Sunday's meet at Shoebury here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152627902724820
About 5 mins.

FLYING BANANA
21st August 2014, 21:26
Video of Sunday's meet at Shoebury here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152627902724820
About 5 mins.
Terrific video David. Well done.