PDA

View Full Version : Brake calliper colour: Opinions wanted!

Pistonbroke666
28th July 2014, 17:11
Hi guys, opinions wanted!

I'll soon be fitting drilled and grooved discs and 190 callipers to my MKII trophy blue ZT.

Now the question is, what colour should the callipers go? They're currently red but I'm thinking yellow. Thoughts?

Animal
28th July 2014, 17:45
U could even try light green or bright purple

Jordan Apex
28th July 2014, 17:46
Blue is a hard one, most colours for brakes are opposite it on the colour wheel, except blue, I would personally go blue or silver, maybe black :)

dissy1810
28th July 2014, 17:49
Gold looks good

myfirstrover
28th July 2014, 17:50
I think a lot depends of the quality of the paint finish , nothing looks worse than a rough cast caliper badly painted :shrug:

trimani
28th July 2014, 17:50
I would deffo go Bright Red. Quite common, but it would look great.

trimani (Alf)

Idiot, I did not read the post properly, they are 'Red', but I still think it's best.

pab
28th July 2014, 18:12
Silver was too bright for me, I ended up useing a Pewter colour which is not in your face and looks class.

This colour suited the Calipers behind the stock silver colours of our wheels, not sure now as I've moved over to a Technical Grey with the Apex's.

Weso
28th July 2014, 19:15
I would go with PAB on this,

Far too many red Calipers about both on our cars and every other car. Even some new Corsa's have them as well as almost every old Corsa and mid range Skoda's.

Firmly believe less is sometimes more... Some sort of variation on dark silver would look just fine.

See some sad looking ZT's on ebay with black wheels and red calipers, makes me run a mile, just my opinion of course thankfully were all different!:D

Anybody else seen these those Chinese sourced caliper dummy covers mainly blue or red. Can't believe they would do much for brake cooling etc:shrug:

Howie666
28th July 2014, 19:35
My calipers are blue, have been since I got the car. They desperately need a refurb, but as the car is Trophy Blue, I like it. I'm planning on getting them powdercoated and fully refurbished, shiny!

GeraintUK
28th July 2014, 20:03
I like yellow against my trophy blue with anthracite wheels. Stand out more than red ones I think on a blue car.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/710/ktex.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/jqktexj)

pab
28th July 2014, 20:08
I like yellow against my trophy blue with anthracite wheels. Stand out more than red ones I think on a blue car.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/710/ktex.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/jqktexj)

I bet that wheel and tyre combination knock your filings out on a rough road. ;)

KRISTLEE
28th July 2014, 20:17
Hi guys, opinions wanted!

I'll soon be fitting drilled and grooved discs and 190 callipers to my MKII trophy blue ZT.

Now the question is, what colour should the callipers go? They're currently red but I'm thinking yellow. Thoughts?

Alright mate,

I recently refurbed my Gridspokes black and did the calipers red and they look good together. My ZT-T is Firefrost Red though so a decent match.

If I were you I would colour code your calipers to your car and have black alloys.

Lee.

GeraintUK
28th July 2014, 20:29
I bet that wheel and tyre combination knock your filings out on a rough road. ;)

actually not at all, almost identical to 18's, but i'm sure if i put firmer springs on, then i'd be rattling when I got out. Must be he general build quality being very good ;)

pab
28th July 2014, 20:33
actually not at all, almost identical to 18's, but i'm sure if i put firmer springs on, then i'd be rattling when I got out. Must be he general build quality being very good ;)

Well, my car has the Sports Suspension Pack on 45's and it's damned hard, if 35's were fitted it would be a nightmare. Do you find the 235's hit the wheel arch liners?

To keep the thread on topic, your brakes look good. :}

GeraintUK
28th July 2014, 20:41
Well, my car has the Sports Suspension Pack on 45's and it's damned hard, if 35's were fitted it would be a nightmare. Do you find the 235's hit the wheel arch liners?

To keep the thread on topic, your brakes look good. :}

never touched once, had them 5 years now ;)
mind you, as you've just seen, a set of 18s were on my wants list to put some D01J drag tyres on.

Ta, love yellow with blue, my engine bay is very much yellow and blue.

dissy1810
28th July 2014, 20:48
Anybody else seen these those Chinese sourced caliper dummy covers mainly blue or red. Can't believe they would do much for brake cooling etc:shrug:[/QUOTE]

They're only a bit of plastic and won't do much to affect the cooling 37637

Pistonbroke666
29th July 2014, 07:35
This thread needs more piccies!

The red that's currently on the calipers just doesn't stand out. I like the idea of blue but might that not be the same?

I'd like to draw attention to the brake set up, show off my brembo bling hehe.

I'm going to be taking the calipers and carriers off so that I can clean and paint them properly to get a decent finish. Recently did the calipers of the MG3 and they came out lovely.