PDA

View Full Version : Cambridgeshire ?

EastPete
11th August 2014, 12:57
Are there any active members in Cambridgeshire ?? Are there any meets that take place ?. I am not too far from King's Lynn, so could 'gatecrash' the Lincs/Norfolk get together, but just wondered if there was anything going on more local to me.

Thanks

Pete

Georgies Dad
11th August 2014, 13:44
You would be most welcome to come to the Kings Lynn meet,we would all be pleased to see you,Klarzy is from March so he is just up the A141 from you and will be there as well.

EastPete
11th August 2014, 16:21
Thanks for the invite Steve. I will probably be away on 31 August, but will try to get to one of your future meets.

freddie
12th August 2014, 07:25
Hi Pete if you cant make the Kings Lynn meet
This is not far from you.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=192004

EastPete
12th August 2014, 12:16
Thanks Freddie

I'll make a note of the date - it is a possibility, as we have family nearby at Toddington, so could combine it with a visit there - I'll try to let you know nearer the time if I plan to make it.

Best regards

Pete

klarzy
12th August 2014, 12:25
Hi Pete...

I am in March if you want to look me up.... 25 mins away..)

Pete (Klarzy)

EastPete
12th August 2014, 18:51
Thanks Pete

I am actually in Ramsey St. Mary's, even though it says Huntingdon on my profile, so not too far. I see that you have 'all the mods' on your car, so I may call on you if I have any questions when I get into some tinkering on mine. I have a very late 2.0 CDT saloon - one of the last cars left at Longbridge I think, that eventually went to SMC Bristol where they sat around for a while - they were registered in August 08 on an 08 plate, but mine was not delivered to its first proper owner until early 2010. I bought it in late 2012 from an MG garage in Dudley - the first owner had sold it after knee problems, and he wanted an automatic. I am not surprised he had knee problems - the clutch on the 75 was very stiff and hard work in traffic. I think it had suffered from all the inactivity of the car since it was made back in 2005, and had partly seized on the gearbox input shaft - I got the clutch changed under warranty, but the replacement was only marginally better (I think cheap parts were used), and then the clutch master started leaking. So, I bit the bullet and ordered a Borg and Beck premium kit, with a Freelander slave and the metal Tazu master from DMGRS, and they have just been fitted. I now have a nice smooth clutch pedal - some vibrations have appeared though with the gearbox/engine mounts being disturbed, so I am tinkering with Powerflex lower engine mounts at the moment, although I have acquired an OEM lower engine mount which seems to give the best overall refinement. Anyway, hope to meet you sometime soon - I'll try to get to King's Lynn for the late October meet.
Regards

Pete