PDA

View Full Version : Tam Leek Meet at The Hawes Inn 26.9.14

Graham1961
16th September 2014, 11:02
The next Tam Leek meet will be Friday 26.9.14 at The Hawes Inn South Queensferry.

I am off that day so will be there early.

Dinner as usual at 7.30pm.

See you all there......

Ps I will start a thread regarding Christmas Dinner to gauge any interest.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

doopydug
16th September 2014, 12:30
Should be there

fraz59
16th September 2014, 13:22
Be rude not to ..seeing as I am just over the water

FLYER
16th September 2014, 13:23
We will be there in what will be a free Scotland...:D.

Graham1961
16th September 2014, 13:26
The List.

Graham1961
Doopydug plus son.
Fraz59
Mr+Mrs Flyer.
AldoR.
BigJim1.
Astraeus

Mastiff2
Joiner Jim.
Munroman and Jane.

Graham1961
16th September 2014, 13:27

Yer better the devil you kNOw lol:D

doopydug
16th September 2014, 13:28

What - we don't have to pay for ANYTHING ?

AldoR
16th September 2014, 16:13
I have no jobs booked in for that date yet, As it stands I will be there not been to the Friday nite dinner club in ages:D

MASTIFF2
22nd September 2014, 19:54
Should be there this time , Joiner Jim told me he is going , (he really needs a computer !)

fraz59
22nd September 2014, 20:55
Dinner?? care to elaborate as to what goes on at this meet. Not been to one so don't really know ...do I need to pay something first ??

Yella Fella
23rd September 2014, 03:59
Dinner?? care to elaborate as to what goes on at this meet. Not been to one so don't really know ...do I need to pay something first ??

No "meeting" as such. Just chat and eat :D

It a holiday on Friday for us wegians so I may be there also in the 75.

FLYER
23rd September 2014, 12:48

As Glenn says just a nosh and a laugh.

The monthly meet has been going for nearly 3 years now.

Sometimes 4 sometimes 24 attend , then there is Helga that viking of a woman , shes worth the meet on its own .

Graham fancies her rotten even though he would never admit it..:devil:

Astraeus
23rd September 2014, 16:50

Sometimes 4 sometimes 24 attend , then there is Helga that viking of a woman , shes worth the meet on its own .

Should be there this time. Add me to list Graham

Chris

MASTIFF2
23rd September 2014, 20:32
Yup , Graham definitly has a hankering for some Helga ! :shrug:

FLYER
23rd September 2014, 21:27
Yup , Graham definitly has a hankering for some Helga ! :shrug:
I can visualise her taking him roughly...:eek:..:D

Astraeus
23rd September 2014, 22:51

If you can visualise that you are needing therapy mate....:D

:D

See you Friday

Chris

Graham1961
23rd September 2014, 23:41
Ok folks.

So far we have 14 members coming on Friday.

List is on post 5.

I don't fancy Helga, don't listen to all these rumours.....:D

Graham1961
23rd September 2014, 23:43
I have no jobs booked in for that date yet, As it stands I will be there not been to the Friday nite dinner club in ages:D

Will Alison be coming Aldo ?

If so I will add her to the list.

Graham1961
23rd September 2014, 23:46
Should be there this time. Add me to list Graham

Chris

Chris I will bring my rear lights the MG7 ones, if we get time we could maybe fit them ?

munroman
24th September 2014, 06:18
Can you please add Jane and I to the list, looking forward to seeing Helga and Graham........:-)

Graham1961
24th September 2014, 18:39
Can you please add Jane and I to the list, looking forward to seeing Helga and Graham........:-)

List ammended.

Please go to post 5 for the list.

Thank you.

doopydug
24th September 2014, 19:03
My 9 year old wants to come along too mate - wants to spend time wi his dad :-)

Graham1961
24th September 2014, 20:38

List ammended....please refer to post 5 for the names confirmed.

Yella Fella
24th September 2014, 20:47
List ammended....please refer to post 5 for the names confirmed.

Sorry Graham, I need to be elsewhere on Friday night. Im meeting someone in a dark carpark and exchanging some items from their boot to my boot. :devil:

Astraeus
25th September 2014, 10:20
Sorry Graham, I need to be elsewhere on Friday night. Im meeting someone in a dark carpark and exchanging some items from their boot to my boot. :devil:

:eek:

I trust you are not exchanging highly prized car parts.....:shrug:

:D

stevestrat
25th September 2014, 10:27

If you can visualise that you are needing therapy mate....:D
ChrisAfter planting that vision in our minds we all need therapy!

Chris I will bring my rear lights the MG7 ones, if we get time we could maybe fit them ?I thought you'd gone off the idea of fitting them Graham :shrug: Could have done that here anytime.

Astraeus
25th September 2014, 11:44
After planting that vision in our minds we all need therapy!

I thought you'd gone off the idea of fitting them Graham :shrug: Could have done that here anytime.

He has seen how superb mine look.... :D

Chris

Graham1961
25th September 2014, 21:19
Ok troops.

Table has been booked for 14 people at 7.30pm.

Helga will be in fantastic form...and you all know why :getmecoat:

FLYER
25th September 2014, 21:56
Ok troops.

Table has been booked for 14 people at 7.30pm.

Helga will be in fantastic form...and you all know why :getmecoat:

I,m gonna tell her you voted no.......:D

Graham1961
25th September 2014, 22:07
I,m gonna tell her you voted no.......:D

You would'nt would ye ??:D

fraz59
25th September 2014, 22:07
Sorry I am glad to go along and meet up, but two dinners in a day are even beyond my eating talents

I presumed it was a meet up with the cars and do the usual ...stand around in a car park talking cars, take a few photos and then go home

So best thing is to take me off the list

Graham1961
25th September 2014, 22:12
Sorry I am glad to go along and meet up, but two dinners in a day are even beyond my eating talents

I presumed it was a meet up with the cars and do the usual ...stand around in a car park talking cars, take a few photos and then go home

So best thing is to take me off the list

Hi Frax..You don't need to have dinner, you can have a drink/coffee etc with us all......come and meet Helga.

FLYER
25th September 2014, 22:32
You would'nt would ye ??:D

Watch me .......:D

Jupiter
26th September 2014, 09:08
I will be down

Drummond

FLYER
26th September 2014, 22:21
Excellent night at the Hawes.

Helga in brill form.

Good to meet Ruby and Jane and young Matthew.

MASTIFF2
26th September 2014, 22:30
That the elusive "Helga" actually exists

Firstly the assembled host awaits the appearance with baited breath (some more baited than others!)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/brianmur/H3c_zpsab610257.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/brianmur/media/H3c_zpsab610257.jpg.html)

Next, at last "Helga" is caught on camera , Graham is gripped by terror as our beloved waitress approaches by steath armed with a credit card machine

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/brianmur/H1a_zpse45eab4b.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/brianmur/media/H1a_zpse45eab4b.jpg.html)

The ice is broken , Graham makes small talk as "Helga" puckers up in anticipation only to be denied in favour of a double chocolate spongecake ! (with cream) :bowdown:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/brianmur/H2c_zpsf895cc3c.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/brianmur/media/H2c_zpsf895cc3c.jpg.html)

Another great night in the "Hawes" , new faces and really (REALLY) old faces, roll on the Christmas dinner or two.

cheers
Brian

FLYER
26th September 2014, 22:53
That the elusive "Helga" actually exists

Firstly the assembled host awaits the appearance with baited breath (some more baited than others!)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/brianmur/H3c_zpsab610257.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/brianmur/media/H3c_zpsab610257.jpg.html)

Next, at last "Helga" is caught on camera , Graham is gripped by terror as our beloved waitress approaches by steath armed with a credit card machine

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/brianmur/H1a_zpse45eab4b.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/brianmur/media/H1a_zpse45eab4b.jpg.html)

The ice is broken , Graham makes small talk as "Helga" puckers up in anticipation only to be denied in favour of a double chocolate spongecake ! (with cream) :bowdown:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/brianmur/H2c_zpsf895cc3c.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/brianmur/media/H2c_zpsf895cc3c.jpg.html)

Another great night in the "Hawes" , new faces and really (REALLY) old faces, roll on the Christmas dinner or two.

cheers
Brianbrilliant stuff Brian...:bowdown:

Brush 1
27th September 2014, 05:22
Who thinks there maybe romance on the cards :getmecoat

Graham1961
27th September 2014, 08:33
Yes..have to admit Helga was in brilliant form as usual.

She really does send a shiver up me, but the Chocolate Brownie Tower was much more appealing.

I had thought for a moment when she came to clear the plates away she was back to her old ways scolding us for not handing our plates to the waitress, but her mood mellowed a bit after we handed our plates over to her.

What Brian unfortunately missed as we were leaving was Helga hugging George, but fear not it was witnessed.

Anyway a smashing night and thanks to Chris (Astraeus who fitted my new rear lights) and to those who made the trip.

FLYER
27th September 2014, 09:33
Yes..have to admit Helga was in brilliant form as usual.

She really does send a shiver up me, but the Chocolate Brownie Tower was much more appealing.

I had thought for a moment when she came to clear the plates away she was back to her old ways scolding us for not handing our plates to the waitress, but her mood mellowed a bit after we handed our plates over to her.

What Brian unfortunately missed as we were leaving was Helga hugging George, but fear not it was witnessed.

Anyway a smashing night and thanks to Chris (Astraeus who fitted my new rear lights) and to those who made the trip. I was given huge hugs arriving AND leaving so there......:p:

doopydug
27th September 2014, 09:41
Great night and a massive improvement in the food too - VERY tasty last night !

Matthew enjoyed himself and thanks to those who made him so welcome - I think he wants to come back !

Graham1961
27th September 2014, 22:42
I was given huge hugs arriving AND leaving so there......:p:

You got a hug arriving as well...gee you kept that quiet eh ????:D

Graham1961
27th September 2014, 22:49
Great night and a massive improvement in the food too - VERY tasty last night !

Matthew enjoyed himself and thanks to those who made him so welcome - I think he wants to come back !

Agree with you Ian.

I had the Chicken pie and it was delicious.

That's great that Matthew enjoyed the evening, be a good wee experience for him.

FLYER
28th September 2014, 20:16
You got a hug arriving as well...gee you kept that quiet eh ????:D

Starting to get a tad worried ....:eek::D

Jupiter
29th September 2014, 20:29
Was a great night last Friday. Ruby really enjoyed herself. She said she had her eyes opened as she was of the opinion that only Jowett owners were total car fanatics !!!! Now she knows different !! Had me cleaning the Rover(s) all day Sunday..............

Next Month....... Who knows ???

Jupiter

Astraeus
30th September 2014, 17:47
Was a great night last Friday. Ruby really enjoyed herself. She said she had her eyes opened as she was of the opinion that only Jowett owners were total car fanatics !!!! Now she knows different !! Had me cleaning the Rover(s) all day Sunday..............

Next Month....... Who knows ???

Jupiter

She will be sending you out to buy another one....:eek:

Chris