PDA

View Full Version : Government release full list of cars scrapped in 2009 scrappage scheme

TR75
29th September 2014, 21:13
The full list can be downloaded from the following website...

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/357672/bis-foi-2014-20775-scrapped-vehicles-supporting-data.csv/preview

You may be interested to know that 119 75s were scrapped under the scheme during this time - a scary figure! Even more interesting, is that there is no record that I can see of any MG ZTs being scrapped!

Plenty of 214 and 216 scrapped as well as some other interesting Rover vehicles.

A highly controversial scheme, and sad in many ways, but interesting none the less.

P.S. - a good idea to download the CSV file which brings up a full spreadsheet of all vehicles.

Dragrad
29th September 2014, 21:26
Pipped to the post here...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=196687

already running ;)

whitevanman
29th September 2014, 21:32
Holy hell, there's some nice cars on there and i've only got to the end of Audi!! 3 x A8 4.2 Quattro's !! the daddy of the same engine now in the RS4 etc..

:devil::devil: Madness, I'm going to stop looking or it'll upset me :mad: Shame it doesn't show years, then you could picture the model on the more common stuff..

slickster
29th September 2014, 21:49
You may be interested to know that 119 75s were scrapped under the scheme during this time - a scary figure! Even more interesting, is that there is no record that I can see of any MG ZTs being scrapped!

I think you forgot to add the Rover 75s that were listed in other parts of the file, under slightly different second 'names'.

I'd suppose that there were no ZTs as didn't the cars have to be 10 years old and in 2009 that wouldn't include any ZTs?

coab
30th September 2014, 06:39
[QUOTE=whitevanman;1800228]Holy hell, there's some nice cars on there and i've only got to the end of Audi!! 3 x A8 4.2 Quattro's !! the daddy of the same engine now in the RS4 etc..

A lady at work had a 51 plate Audi A8 4.2 Quattro after her husband passed away. It was huge and when the engine light came on her "garage" told her to sell it and I think she got £500 for it! It was fully loaded and near mint but the so called garage didn't want to do any work on it and fobbed her off.:mad:

rrobson
30th September 2014, 14:54
119 isn't bad goin at all. Not when you look at something like a fiesta which when all the different variations are added up, probably comes to near 20000!

whitevanman
30th September 2014, 15:04
[QUOTE=whitevanman;1800228]Holy hell, there's some nice cars on there and i've only got to the end of Audi!! 3 x A8 4.2 Quattro's !! the daddy of the same engine now in the RS4 etc..

A lady at work had a 51 plate Audi A8 4.2 Quattro after her husband passed away. It was huge and when the engine light came on her "garage" told her to sell it and I think she got £500 for it! It was fully loaded and near mint but the so called garage didn't want to do any work on it and fobbed her off.:mad:

Nearly bought one just for the V8 as they are cheap, but they are also huge and it wouldn't fit on our 'Just big enough' for two drive. :o