PDA

View Full Version : Northants Owners Please

Paulym
3rd October 2014, 17:16
Hi All

I have taken the plunge, scouted round a bit, and come up with a venue for the Northant area.

Having looked round and tried to get somewhere within easy enough reach for most of the local guys I know of, also following suggestions made.

The first ever (as far as I know) Northants owners meet is to be at (drum roll please)!!!!

:chat:

Sywell Aerodrome
NN6 0BN.

:group:

I have a tentative date of the Sunday 2nd November (Hope the weather holds:duh:) Facilities offered do include a room which is strategically placed next to the bar.

:beer2: (Bring the boss to take you home if necessary).:wine:

All I ask at this time is that you indicate whether you are able to come along so I can judge numbers. Spread the word too, I know there are plenty of owners in this neck of the woods

Over to you!

I am also looking at catering options currently and will update as I get more details including confirmed dates

Attending so far

ManMek
AdyB
Bradb
paul d
ryszard
Phil-T4
AlanZ-T-T
coolguy
Flo
John H
captainsisco
harrisop48
Tiptip
Avulon
lightning
Flying Banana
Championdaddy
Me

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

paul d
3rd October 2014, 17:25
It would be rude not to mate.

Not to far for me & Deb so we'll pop over for sure.:D

Regards

Paul

Paulym
3rd October 2014, 17:33
I just PMd you on this one

Just in case you might miss it beat me to it

:}

bradb
3rd October 2014, 20:10
what time are you thinking of unfortunately i have work that night L( but i will try to pop along

Avulon
3rd October 2014, 20:31
What times were you thinking of?

bradb
3rd October 2014, 23:00
i can do anything after around 12 not sure if thats to late or not tho

Paulym
4th October 2014, 07:07
Hi All

The times are completely open TBH. These events in my (limited) experience tend to last most of the day. Generally starting round ten (ish).

So turn up when you can on the day and go from there.

As this is the first Northampton meet the idea is to get as many guys together as possible and see what can be sorted for future events.

Hope this helps guys:}

ryszard
7th October 2014, 20:26
Hi,i'll turn up and show my face.Regards Ryszard....

Paulym
8th October 2014, 18:32
Hi Guys

Just so you know

The date has now been confirmed for the

2nd of November.

We have indoor and outdoor space as advertised so if it should houn it down there is a retreat:duh:.

I would ask is if you are considering attending you post here so I can get an idea of numbers.

Thanks all and hope to see you there

ATB

Paulym
8th October 2014, 18:35
Hi,i'll turn up and show my face.Regards Ryszard....

Hi Ryszard

Be good to see you there I will start a list as soon as I get the chance.

ATB

ManMek
8th October 2014, 19:05
Count me in also

Paulym
9th October 2014, 05:06
Your Welcome

Will be good to see you

AdyB
10th October 2014, 19:29
Hi

Yes count me in sounds good.:}:D

Cheers
Adrian

Petetourer
11th October 2014, 13:19
Big thumbs up for sorting this one Paul, and thanks for keeping me in the loop.

This meet looks to be very close to when I get the keys to my new house, so may have to give it a miss.

Hope you all enjoy it 👍

bikerdude666
12th October 2014, 23:21
Would've loved to have come along and support this but we're away that weekend. Hopefully we can pop along to the next one.

Paulym
13th October 2014, 06:38
Hi All

Thanks for showing support so far everyone. I have started a list at the top of the thread.

Hopefully there will be enough interest to carry this through to next year when the weather will be better. :cool:

I will be interested to hear from anyone that might have alternative ideas for future venues. And any ideas for services that could be added. IE mobile dent repairers. This proved a big plus at the Kings Lynn meet I attended.

If any one is interested in the regional badges (Northamptonshire Knights), I will be bringing some along with me. They are tax disc size so will make a nice replacement to go in those club holders. :} I have it displayed below. Again if you can give me an idea of numbers interested it will help.

ATB

Paulym
14th October 2014, 06:11
Hi All

I have confirmed the resrvation at the Aviator Hotel (Sywell Airfield) for the 2nd November.

Hope to see you all there and would be grateful if you could post to let me know if you are coming along if you haven't already

ATB

Phil-T4
14th October 2014, 08:46
Add me to the list Paul :D

AlanZ-T-T
14th October 2014, 09:10
Add me to the list please :D

coolguy
14th October 2014, 11:25
Please add me to the list. Shall be able to make it for a few hours, but not before 11am. Hope that's ok.

Flo
14th October 2014, 21:39
Add me too,, be rude to stay at home if Mr z-t-t is going :p:

RogerHeinz57
14th October 2014, 21:50
Hello, Please add me to the list.
Thanks in advance.

190SETOURING
14th October 2014, 22:19
Should be able to pop over for a chat! ZTT180 dark fantasy or ZT260 biomorphic.:D

Paulym
15th October 2014, 06:15
Hi All and Welcome.:cool:

All added to the list at the top of the thread. Will be good to meet you there.

Many Thanks in Advance for your support.

ATB:D

Paulym
19th October 2014, 08:11
Hi Guys and Gals

Just asking if any there are any more of you out there that just might pop in for a look see. 2nd November in the large car park next to the aviation museum at Sywell airfield. There is also a room available.

There are a couple of options for those who wan to combine with Sunday lunch. The Aviator hotel or The Horseshoe which is a stones throw away.

http://www.aviatorhotel.co.uk/restaurant-northampton.php

http://www.itsallaboutgoingout.com/venues/237/Horseshoe-Sywell

I am hoping this will lead to more in the future so it would be great to get a feel for what members want.

So even if you are not able to confirm then please post here so I can get an idea.

ATB and hope to see you there.

Tiptip
21st October 2014, 12:35
Can you add me to the list too please

harrisop48
22nd October 2014, 18:58
West London owner here would like to join like minded pipe and slipper Rover 75 owners (Not really I am a bit of a hooligan with the 160 remap)
Horseshoe Pub looks good. What time will anyone be at the meet?

Peter.

Paulym
23rd October 2014, 06:01
Hi All

I will be there from about 9am onwards until whenever. Everyone welcome so come on down.

Will add you to the list if not done already.

ATB

Paulym
23rd October 2014, 06:07
what time are you thinking of unfortunately i have work that night L( but i will try to pop along

Hi Bradb

Apologies I had missed you off the list:duh:. Senior moment I have added you in and more than Welcome.

ATB

Avulon
23rd October 2014, 12:39
I should be able to pop over as well, unlikely to be eating.

:)

Paulym
24th October 2014, 06:14
Hi Avulon

Added you to the list

See you there

ATB

lightning
25th October 2014, 09:16
i am due back from holiday that very day but will do my best to attend
thanks
Graham

Paulym
26th October 2014, 07:06
Hi Lightening

Added to top of thread

ATB

Paulym
28th October 2014, 18:08
Hi guys and gals

Having looked through the members list I can see there are plenty more active users around the Northampton Wellingborough and Rushden areas.

I would love to see as many there as we can get even if only for a quick wander round and say hello.

I want to get a feel for what members want so that going forward we can get together on a more regular basis. If you have any thoughts or an idea for a venue then pitch in.

So a bump for the thread really. Hope to see you there

ATB

Paulym
30th October 2014, 06:01
Hi All

Thanks to Harrisop48 for his input here. :bowdown:

Although the thread header mentions Northants owners (wrong choice on my part!:duh:) there are no boundaries. If you are interested then by all means come along everyone is more than welcome.

It is maybe a bit short notice now to clear the calendar but if you can make will be glad to see you.

FLYING BANANA
30th October 2014, 06:19
I might just have a meander along

Paulym
30th October 2014, 06:26
I hope you didn't feel excluded at all by the post title (My Bad). :duh:

Which one will it be Rob. Red or Yellow this time, I think from what I saw/heard you saying earlier you were swapping to the Yellow one shortly.

I will add you to the list and indeed welcome sir.

FLYING BANANA
30th October 2014, 06:57
I hope you didn't feel excluded at all by the post title (My Bad). :duh:

Which one will it be Rob. Red or Yellow this time, I think from what I saw/heard you saying earlier you were swapping to the Yellow one shortly.

I will add you to the list and indeed welcome sir.

It will Redfive.

championdaddy
30th October 2014, 19:38
Can I pop over ??????????? So long as the beastie behaves herself !!!!!!!

Paulym
31st October 2014, 05:50
Hi

Added to the list will be more than welcome sir

ATB

AdyB
31st October 2014, 20:49
Hi

What time are we meeting up on Sunday.

Cheers
Adrian

championdaddy
31st October 2014, 22:43
Hi

What time are we meeting up on Sunday.

Cheers
Adrian

Post 7.......... From 10 am. Chap. :D

paul d
2nd November 2014, 14:30
Got to say thanks to Paul for putting this on...!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Brilliant venue mate Needs to be kept going.

Nice to meet new people (real friendly crowd) & some old faces.

Great turn out for a first meet, I counted 11 on the one occasion I counted but probably more as there was a bit of coming & going due to peoples commitments.

Deb was gutted not to have made it due to her broken foot & would have loved the place.

All the best with it for the future Paul you deserve it

Regards

Paul

paul d
2nd November 2014, 14:32
As an aside.

Championdaddy How about " The Hulk" for the car:D:getmecoat::getmecoat:

Regards

Paul

RogerHeinz57
2nd November 2014, 15:37
Well done Paul for a great meeting at a very good venue. Also for food and drink. Really good and hope another may follow.
Cheers John.

Flo
2nd November 2014, 15:46
Yep agreed. ... Well done Paul for organizing today. Great venue and good turn out...:D good to meet some new peeps too...
You Definitely need to organise another meet, we'll be there..

Flo & Alan z-t-t

harrisop48
2nd November 2014, 16:33
Paul,

That meet today was absolutely spot on!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Excellent venue, food, drink and khazi's readily available, together with light aircraft and choppers buzzing about. Great to see old and new faces as usual.
Thanks for exchanging those chrome skull caps for the bullet door mirrors that I had and swopping over the covers. Additional thanks for getting the plug off the Harmony. John and Phil you both were brilliant, as usual, installing the Symphony. Marvellous sounds on the way home.
Glad I had previously decided to go back to West London via A43 and M40.
The M1 was a total car park going south at Northampton.
Looking forward immensely to the next one.

Peter.

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 16:42
Home via the M1 car park. Gridlock all the way to Newport Pagnall services but excellent meet. Well done Paul for putting it all together. Nice touch with the buffet. Nice to meet new people, although it seems some of them knew me already. I meet so many I have a tendency to forget names. Thanks to Peter for his assistance in the rain with the fishing line.

I counted a total of 17 cars.

Will post some pictures up once I've had a beer.

Petetourer
2nd November 2014, 17:24
Glad this one went well for Paul, as he put all the effort into arranging it :)

Hopefully one to keep going :cool:

Glad you got Sorted with your stereo Pete, was going to give you a buzz tomorrow to come over and help you out, but looks like you received help from some of the other great members of the club.

Depending on where I am, I will try my best to get to the next one

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 18:37
Lots of pictures including my unusual pictures

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 18:41
Look out for the Biomorphic Green Banana

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 18:45
Lots more yet

RogerHeinz57
2nd November 2014, 18:49
Thanks Bob for featuring my old car again, Roger the rover is getting on a bit and showing age related war wounds but your camera shows a great picture with the skills of a great photographer.
Thanks again, John H.

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 18:49
Some of the pictures may need the gentle hand of a mod to turn them around the right way Please.

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 18:53
Getting to the end soon..................................

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 18:56
........................nearly at the end.

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 19:00
A few more to round a cracking day off

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 19:04
Last lot for now.

AdyB
2nd November 2014, 19:21
Hi

Thanks to all of those who organised today nice to meet plenty of likeminded people all of whom I've never met before, hope this can be a regular thing, might stay a bit longer next time.:duh:

Thanks again.

Adrian:}

championdaddy
2nd November 2014, 19:21
As an aside.

Championdaddy How about " The Hulk" for the car:D:getmecoat::getmecoat:

Regards

Paul

I could be wrong......but I think the hulk it taken :shrug:

But I think Im warming the "The Green Banana" or "The Flying Green Banana".

And Bob..........awesome piccies as usual.

And Paul................great job chap.........setting the standard in supplying the refreshments too !!! :bowdown::bowdown:

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 19:28
"The Flying Green Banana" sounds good to me.

championdaddy
2nd November 2014, 19:29
"The Flying Green Banana" sounds good to me.

Your Biased :D

FLYING BANANA
2nd November 2014, 19:32
Your Biased :D
I'm also known as "Five Red Flying Banana's".

championdaddy
2nd November 2014, 19:58
You can't beat a good bunch of bananas !!!

chris65
2nd November 2014, 20:13
Great meet,venue and people, thank you Paul for organizing it,also thanks to Phil for T4,didn't expect that#!,found we were 7 mpg down with no magnet!(not),Thanks for great day everyone,

championdaddy
2nd November 2014, 20:17
Great meet,venue and people, thank you Paul for organizing it,also thanks to Phil for T4,didn't expect that#!,found we were 7 mpg down with no magnet!(not),Thanks for great day everyone,

Sell it..............could be a money maker. Vintage tech always sells well LOL

ryszard
2nd November 2014, 20:33
Hi Paul,thankyou for todays outing,great venue and well organised,worth getting out of bed early on a Sunday morning,i might only be from down the road but would only have wasted such a great time wasting in bed!
Also thank you Phil for the upgrade and diagnostics,ended up driving a different car back home to what I left with!
Bob,thankyou great photos.Enjoy NEC.Regards Ry....

Avulon
2nd November 2014, 20:53
My own photos

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0006_zpsa55181ac.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0006_zpsa55181ac.jpg.html)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0005_zpsa269ae88.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0005_zpsa269ae88.jpg.html)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0004_zpsae5a0c25.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0004_zpsae5a0c25.jpg.html)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0003_zps0550ce84.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0003_zps0550ce84.jpg.html)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0002_zpsaa63e4d4.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0002_zpsaa63e4d4.jpg.html)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0001_zpsa5514eca.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Sywell%20November%202014/IMG_0001_zpsa5514eca.jpg.html)

Sorry, I can't work out how you managed to do it with the clickable thumbnails. Enjoy :}

Petetourer
2nd November 2014, 21:27
I could be wrong......but I think the hulk it taken :shrug:

But I think Im warming the "The Green Banana" or "The Flying Green Banana".

And Bob..........awesome piccies as usual.

And Paul................great job chap.........setting the standard in supplying the refreshments too !!! :bowdown::bowdown:

Take the name "The Green Goblin". Then you can buy my set of custom dials :D:getmecoat:

Paulym
3rd November 2014, 06:44
Hi Everyone

Thanks really are down to you for coming along to support. Despite a damp start it turned out far better than I expected. :bowdown:

I certainly enjoyed meeting everyone and a great diversion when a load of old Seamen looking to dock in Lithuania appeared. :D JohnH was in full song too so made for a thoroughly entertaining day! Good to see so many from near and far. My expectations were indeed far exceeded.

I haven't had a chance to look through the pigcures yet as my wok PC blocks them But from the few thumbnails I could see looked great. Will review later. :o

Just a last note to all of you for chipping in. I really did not expect that at all. I am truly grateful. I have as I said not much talent when it comes to practical involvement. So the coffee and nibbles is my way of paying back the help and advice I have benefited from to date. Next time I may have to bake a cake!;)

I will be arranging another event although I think it will be early part of next year now. I was a little uncertain that the venue suited but it would seem not to be the case.

ATB and see you all again.

Phil-T4
3rd November 2014, 07:39
Thanks for putting this together Paul, brilliant first effort :D :clap:

Looking forward to the next one. :D

Paulym
3rd November 2014, 16:54
I have now had a chance to look through the photos. (Work web is blocking images). I have to say that these photos are brilliant and the sky seems mean and moody in many of them giving some stunning effects.:cool:

I can say no more other than to thank you all again for your support. My input was minimal and the results beyond my wildest. :D:bowdown:

Would you be interested for next time if I can find a friendly dent master? Let me know if this added value is worth getting lined up. Not sure if it is possible but I will start digging around if there is enough interest to charm a local supplier into attending. I have been so impressed with what Ian has achieved at the Kings Lynn meet that I am sure there is a market for this. Having mentioned the level of service to a few of the guys there on Sunday and the potential cost savings I am keen to investigate.

Or

If there are any services that you think you would be good to see at a meet then I am willing to go look for them. :}

ATB

RogerHeinz57
3rd November 2014, 17:22
Hi Everyone

Thanks really are down to you for coming along to support. Despite a damp start it turned out far better than I expected. :bowdown:

I certainly enjoyed meeting everyone and a great diversion when a load of old Seamen looking to dock in Lithuania appeared. :D JohnH was in full song too so made for a thoroughly entertaining day! Good to see so many from near and far. My expectations were indeed far exceeded.

I haven't had a chance to look through the pigcures yet as my wok PC blocks them But from the few thumbnails I could see looked great. Will review later. :o

Just a last note to all of you for chipping in. I really did not expect that at all. I am truly grateful. I have as I said not much talent when it comes to practical involvement. So the coffee and nibbles is my way of paying back the help and advice I have benefited from to date. Next time I may have to bake a cake!;)

I will be arranging another event although I think it will be early part of next year now. I was a little uncertain that the venue suited but it would seem not to be the case.

ATB and see you all again.

I am used to a damp start every day !!!!! Thing is it gets worse as the hours go by. Think the pull-ups need upgrading! LOL

Thanks for a great meeting. Dont forget closure panels fitting offer.
Cheers JH.
:D

Paulym
3rd November 2014, 17:49
Hi John

If you need my missus can supply she does work in the care industry so has a ready source of supply.

I am looking forward to tying up with you with ref to the compensator and all the other bits, As Paul G is dropping down with wheels this weekend how about getting together at yours to get all done in one place

Not pushing might be fun though

ATB