PDA

View Full Version : 51st Halfway House meet. 16th November.

FLYING BANANA
21st October 2014, 11:50
The 51st Halfway House meet will be held on Sunday 16th November. From Noon to late.

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around four years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet, there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend, it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area, serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.
After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park.

The Administrators of the MGRSE are Alan Hodgson - Rover BRM,
Paul Woodham-Trophy Blue ZT,
Dave Beale- Solar Red ZTT,
Bob Burgess in either Sunspot Yellow ZT or a Firefrost ZT.

These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT RUBBISH IN THE BINS PROVIDED OR TAKE HOME WITH YOU PLEASE.

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS
The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden - Wheelchair Access - Disabled Toilet - Baby Changing Facility - Outdoor Children's Play Area - Car Parking for 100+ Cars - Debit & Credit Cards Accepted - Great Hot Food - Good Selection of Beers, Wine and Spirits.
Also on site is a Little Chef and a Travelodge Hotel.

MG-Rover South East can be found on Facebook.

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are:::::::::::

Jamie - Rover 25
Alanjay - Rover 75 Tourer
David75 - Rover 75
Becky - Rover 75. ZR sold
Woody804 - MG ZT
Dragonheart - MG ZT
Mr. Zonk - MG ZTT
Dave W. - MG ZTT
Lauren - MG ZR in "Caldoinan"
Kev - MG ZS
Daytona365 - MG ZS

Neither Alan Hodgson (Rover BRM) or I will be attending this meet as we are both be at the NEC at The Classic Car Show 14/15/16th November.
Alan will be on the Rover BRM stand and I'll be on the Rover 75/MG ZT OC with The Flying Banana.

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical Rover 75/ MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.
Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 19th October 2014 at 07:38.. Reason: Additions
FLYING BANANA is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

J1MBO
21st October 2014, 15:43
CAN A MOD CHANGE THE DATE ON THE HEADER PLEASE. SHOULD READ 16th

Alerted by your pm Bob, done as requested.

Dragonheart65
27th October 2014, 11:20
Hi Bob put me down please

Cheers
Danny

FLYING BANANA
27th October 2014, 13:04
OK Danny, name on list

alanjay
9th November 2014, 20:53
Am I missing a post?
At the moment it seems to be a meet full of MG's.
Add my name and if needs be I'll park my Rover in the Little Chef car park.
Other Rover drivers are welcome to join me there (tongue in cheek as I can't find a smilie).

FLYING BANANA
10th November 2014, 06:55
Am I missing a post?
At the moment it seems to be a meet full of MG's.
Add my name and if needs be I'll park my Rover in the Little Chef car park.
Other Rover drivers are welcome to join me there (tongue in cheek as I can't find a smilie).
OK Alan name on list and please park in amongst the MG's,

FLYING BANANA
18th November 2014, 10:20
Although it rained 26 cars made the meet. Pictures anyone?

zonk1969
18th November 2014, 15:58
Although it rained 26 cars made the meet. Pictures anyone?

mike had the pictures bob

FLYING BANANA
19th November 2014, 18:36
mike had the pictures bob

And he has posted them on a different page.