PDA

View Full Version : Do I have original Clutch slave cylinder?

brianw
25th October 2014, 21:50
I noticed the other day that the pipe going to the cluth bleed nipple on my CDT is plastic.
Would this imply that this still has the original slave fitted?

I got the car with 150k on the clock and it is now on 204k
The clutch still feels fine at the moment. (touch wood,Cross fingers etc.)
I have been wondering if I should bleed the clutch to give a fluid change or just leave well alone for fear of moving particles to where they could do damage.
Any thoughts appreciated.

T-Cut
25th October 2014, 21:58
The original slaves had plastic pipes, but so do the current OEM ones. Metal pipes came with the Land Rover version and so on.

At that mileage a complete change of fluid won't go amiss. Any particles in there will already have done whatever they do I reckon.

TC

brianw
25th October 2014, 22:10
Thanks.
So either a genuine replacement at some time in the past or still original.
I have no previous history so its anybodys guess.
Guess I had better change the fluid then.
I have normally changed brake and clutch fluid every few years on our cars but although I have changed the brake fluid when replacing front to rear pipes I have been a bit nervous of doing anything with the clutch.

DMGRS
26th October 2014, 08:44
The original slaves had plastic pipes, but so do the current OEM ones. Metal pipes came with the Land Rover version and so on.

At that mileage a complete change of fluid won't go amiss. Any particles in there will already have done whatever they do I reckon.

TC

Have you got any pictures? Where are these plastic piped versions from?
As far as I know, only factory fitted Slave cylinders had plastic pipework, anything else - even direct from XPart, has only ever had metal pipework.

AP, who made the originals, are now made by LUK and LUK only use metal pipework. May be very old stock surfacing.