PDA

View Full Version : testing the water

RPWC
26th October 2014, 11:30
I have been approached by a member from south east region,with regard to holding a meet at the National Railway Museum in York,as there are plenty of train enthusiasts within the club.I have spoken with Stu and Brian about it,and they are all for it.Stu has emailed the museum to see if they would be willing to have us,in the meantime I would like to start a list to see how many members would be up for it,so Stu can let the museum know roughly how many to expect.
No date set yet,but we were thinking mid to late May, or early June,so as not to clash with the likes of POL and the national,also there is the Carter Bar run,and Harewood to think about.
If you fancy it,put your name down. Stu and Brian will give us a suitable date, if we get the ok from the museum.
Alanjay is organising this on behalf of the South east region
If you fancy it get your name down,I will liaise with both Stu and Brian, Alanjay is organising this from the south region,and will liaise with Bob.(Flying Banana) DISCLAIMER
PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL 75 AND ZT OWNERS CLUB MEET AND IS THEREFORE NOT COVERED BY THE CLUB PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE, THE CLUB TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE MEET IN ANY WAY.

LIST OF POSSIBLE ATTENDEES
RPWC
ALANJAY
FUSILIER
BIG LEK
BID AND GLORIA
REWORHT
A19GRAHAM
MARVINS MOM AND KERRY
ACTROS
DUOTONE
FLYING BANANA(WITH BANANA)
BLUEJON
SILVER VIXEN
MAXI CRAWF
COOLCAT
ANTHONY AND MARICEL
GRAHAM1961
BRIGUS
CANONITE
RUMPLY
ORGANISER
W44NTY
RICARDO65
TRIKEY
SiMONDI
WOOF25
BACKOBOY
ASTRAEUS +1
H1328
BARNEY BEAR

FLYING BANANA
26th October 2014, 12:08
Great location for a meet. Put our name down on the list please. I'll bring the Yellow one.

A19_Graham
26th October 2014, 12:18
Sounds like a great venue :)

Duotone
26th October 2014, 12:22
Please put my name down.

Dave T

Bluejon
28th October 2014, 00:10
Jan & Myself please SILVERVIXEN/BLUEJON,

Many Thanks.

John.

maxi_crawf
28th October 2014, 13:32
Dependent on actual dates, I'd be up for it.

Roy

reworht
28th October 2014, 14:10
Subject to me not being on holiday - I'll definitely be up for that :}

coolcat
28th October 2014, 15:42
Could be interested Richard, put me down as a maybe please Sir:}

RPWC
28th October 2014, 15:58
List updated, atm all names are just"possibles", as we do not know if the museum will take us yet,and also what date to hold it if they do. I am literally, as the title says testing the water to see how many to expect.

bigd
28th October 2014, 16:27
Myself and Gloria will be up for it if dates are ok

Anthony & Maricel
28th October 2014, 16:40
Add our names please Richard. :D

RPWC
28th October 2014, 16:45
List updated again

alanjay
28th October 2014, 17:16
List updated again

Better update the list again, I'm a definite if this gets off the ground.

RPWC
28th October 2014, 17:45
Well get organising down your way Alan.;) ask your local membership.

BIG LEK
28th October 2014, 17:49
Well get organising down your way Alan.;) ask your local membership.
Stick me down please:cool:

RPWC
28th October 2014, 17:51
Stick me down please:cool:

Will do Lee:bowdown:

MarvinsMom
28th October 2014, 18:25
Can you add mine and Kerry's names to the list please?

Thanks, Jo & Kerry:}

RPWC
28th October 2014, 18:30
Will do Jo, thanks.

A19_Graham
28th October 2014, 18:36
Stick me down as a potential.

actros
28th October 2014, 20:15
I have been approached by a member from south east region,with regard to holding a meet at the National Railway Museum in York,as there are plenty of train enthusiasts within the club.I have spoken with Stu and Brian about it,and they are all for it.Stu has emailed the museum to see if they would be willing to have us,in the meantime I would like to start a list to see how many members would be up for it,so Stu can let the museum know roughly how many to expect.
No date set yet,but we were thinking mid to late May, or early June,so as not to clash with the likes of POL and the national,also there is the Carter Bar run,and Harewood to think about.
If you fancy it,put your name down. Stu and Brian will give us a suitable date, if we get the ok from the museum.
Alanjay is organising this on behalf of the South east region
If you fancy it get your name down,I will liaise with both Stu and Brian, Alanjay is organising this from the south region,and will liaise with Bob.(Flying Banana) DISCLAIMER
PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL 75 AND ZT OWNERS CLUB MEET AND IS THEREFORE NOT COVERED BY THE CLUB PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE, THE CLUB TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE MEET IN ANY WAY.

LIST OF POSSIBLE ATTENDEES
RPWC
ALANJAY
FUSILIER
BIG LEK
BID AND GLORIA
REWORHT
A19GRAHAM
MARVINS MOM AND KERRY
DUOTONE
FLYING BANANA(WITH BANANA)
BLUEJON
SILVER VIXEN
MAXI CRAWF
COOLCAT
ANTHONY AND MARICELStick me down mate.

RPWC
28th October 2014, 20:27
Ok Brian thanks.

Canonite
29th October 2014, 11:45
It's a cracking place for a meet.
Put me down.

Rumply
29th October 2014, 13:53
I'll come date dependent, I'm getting married in June next year.

RPWC
29th October 2014, 14:40
Both added to the list thanks.

Organiser
29th October 2014, 14:45
Hi Richard,

Put me down as a possible please!

Regards,

Tom.

RPWC
29th October 2014, 14:48
Thanks Tom mate , on the list.

Georgies Dad
30th October 2014, 11:52
If the date is suitable,I would love to come along,please put me down as a maybe Richard.

Thanks

ricardo65
30th October 2014, 15:56
yep up for this one can you add my name please :}

trikey
30th October 2014, 16:46
Why not, stick me down Richard.

RPWC
30th October 2014, 19:28
Both added to,list thanks.

Simondi
30th October 2014, 21:41
I've added my name, sounds great. My two great interests trains & cars:D

alanjay
30th October 2014, 21:47
I've added my name, sounds great. My two great interests trains & cars:D

Mine too that's why I asked for this idea to be promoted.

What could be better, British built trains and British built cars, combined in one meet.

Woof25
31st October 2014, 18:16
Alan has bneen twisting my arm on this one its been many years since i visited york and sampled the delight of the Jorvik museum so maybe its time to try the Railway Museum for a chang sao please enter me as a highly possible attendee health issues permitting :D

backoboy
31st October 2014, 20:24
Can you put me down please Richard.

RPWC
31st October 2014, 20:42
Both added thanks.

alanjay
2nd November 2014, 15:41
Both added thanks.

Great to see so many positives to the idea, over 25 so far.

Certainly enough to turn it from a tentative meet to a definite one.

Of course it may not be possible to arrange a date to suit everyone but I reckon this proposed meet will become an actual meet.

RPWC
2nd November 2014, 15:44
Great to see so many positives to the idea, over 25 so far.

Certainly enough to turn it from a tentative meet to a definite one.

Of course it may not be possible to arrange a date to suit everyone but I reckon this proposed meet will become an actual meet.

Just waiting news from Stu ,Alan,. Once he has had a reply from the museum,I'm sure he will post the reply.

Astraeus
2nd November 2014, 23:09
Just waiting news from Stu ,Alan,. Once he has had a reply from the museum,I'm sure he will post the reply.

I would be up for that if I am able to go. One of my favourite places! Wendy and I also love York. Lovely, vibrant city.
A good bit of notice woukd be great if we can fix a date. Much easier to find a cheap hotel room bargain.

Can I wear my Deltic 55 002 hat? :duh:

Chris

h1318
3rd November 2014, 04:45
Sounds like a day out to me.count me in.

RPWC
3rd November 2014, 06:49
Thanks to all who have expressed an interest, I have pm'd Fusilier to see if we have any news from the museum yet.

RPWC
3rd November 2014, 15:04
I have been in contact with Stu,who has received an email from the museum.
They will be happy enough for us to come , but we will not receive any discount on the parking charges and they will not reserve spaces for us to park. altogether..:shrug: the parking charge will be £9 per carMy co organiser for this event Alanjay, mentioned at first about meeting at Rawcliffe Bar Park and Ride, where parking is free, but the return fare into the city is £2.50 per adult. This service stops at or near the railway museum. I will leave it up to all the interested parties to decide if you want to meet at the museum and pay the £9, or meet at the P&R.

barney bear
3rd November 2014, 20:28
Subject to the dates put me down as a maybe as well please. It will be good to meet some club members finally.:}

alanjay
3rd November 2014, 20:36
Subject to the dates put me down as a maybe as well please. It will be good to meet some club members finally.:}

Thanks for adding your name, as previously stated we hope to arrange the meet late May or early June 2015, so keep all your weekends clear then.

alanjay
4th November 2014, 20:51
This is just a bump for anyone whose not seen the thread.
No date set yet, so no commitment to attend.
Probably be late May or early June 2015 so if you're interested put your name down, should be a great meet.

Woof25
5th November 2014, 08:34
Well I know that nine pounds seems a lot but compared to london parking its a bargain and worth it for the convenience alone.
I believe you mentioned a group booking for lunch at discounted prices & we both know how much that is appreicated given the high prices pubs charge these days.
I think that the earlier date might be better given york is a popular destination for many during the summer, I know I,m being optimistic here but somebody has to be :D:D

RPWC
5th November 2014, 16:23
Well I know that nine pounds seems a lot but compared to london parking its a bargain and worth it for the convenience alone.
I believe you mentioned a group booking for lunch at discounted prices & we both know how much that is appreicated given the high prices pubs charge these days.
I think that the earlier date might be better given york is a popular destination for many during the summer, I know I,m being optimistic here but somebody has to be :D:D

Mike, I will ask Stu to contact NRM again and see what discounts are available for a group booking, as he has been the point of contact on behalf of the club.

RPWC
5th November 2014, 20:15
Alan, you need to clear pm space, can't reply to you.;)

alanjay
5th November 2014, 20:19
Mike, I will ask Stu to contact NRM again and see what discounts are available for a group booking, as he has been the point of contact on behalf of the club.

Sorry to intervene but I'd already researched the discount system with NRM before suggesting the venue. To clarify, the level of discount is dependent upon the number of people in the party, something we will not know until a firm date is set.
My worry is if NRM get too many people asking the same question they'll get fed up.

Too many cooks etc.

RPWC
9th November 2014, 18:14
Date is now set for this meet as Sunday June 21st 2015, so can all those who expressed an interest please confirm their attendance or not, many thanks to all for your patience, I had just been waiting for available dates to be confirmed.

Woof25
9th November 2014, 18:18
Health and all other things being equal count me and woof in which carpark will it be

RPWC
9th November 2014, 18:30
Health and all other things being equal count me and woof in which carpark will it be

Atm Rawcliffe Bar Park and Ride, Alan has a map of the site , so I'll leave it to him to post in the southern region

alanjay
9th November 2014, 18:37

Hi Woof!

Hopefully the cheapest option, the P&R, provisional agreement was obtained on proposed dates at the time, can't see the bus company changing their minds now we've set a date, after all the more who attend the more money they take.

Dragrad
9th November 2014, 20:00
Thread closed at OP's request.

Continuation here.....

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=200162