PDA

View Full Version : Mid Kent meet ?

Busboy
10th November 2014, 16:38
I sent a post recently to mamasboy, but I think it got lost in the system somewhere!

I am a fairly new member joining in September. I live in Northfleet. I used to organise classic car club meets in the 1980's for both the Hillman owners club and the avenger and sunbeam o.c. we met at a pub at Bluebell hill near Maidstone.

I am trying to gauge interest for a mid Kent meet
Would any members in the area be interested?:

AURORA MG
10th November 2014, 19:20
I used to organise Kent meets on various MG Rover forums but gave up in 2010 due to lack of interest. Though I don't currently have a 75 or ZT but do have other MGR cars though not taxed in the winter months I would be interested in a meet.

There is though the MGR Halfway House meet/s on the 3rd Sunday of each month over in Brentwood on the A12.

hoop0069
14th November 2014, 10:58
hi, i, in gravesend, would be interested in a kent meet

FLYING BANANA
15th November 2014, 18:38
Depending on when I may be able to attend.

alanjay
15th November 2014, 20:26
I sent a post recently to mamasboy, but I think it got lost in the system somewhere!

I am a fairly new member joining in September. I live in Northfleet. I used to organise classic car club meets in the 1980's for both the Hillman owners club and the avenger and sunbeam o.c. we met at a pub at Bluebell hill near Maidstone.

I am trying to gauge interest for a mid Kent meet
Would any members in the area be interested?:

Organise a meet at the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway and I'll be there.

Mg/Rovers and trains, what's not to like?

Salad-Dodger
22nd April 2015, 15:22
I'm in Chatham. A meet up this way might be nice.
I was a committee member and concours judge for the JDC for 13 years. I have a vis tester and a lot of other things to mend and restore cars with!
Steve

grteam
22nd April 2015, 18:36
Hello, maybe of interest also for us living on the other side of the English channel? I would come to a meet not too far of Dover/Folkestone, in a Sunday... I never found the time to come to one, hopefully this will change soon.

zonk1969
22nd April 2015, 21:14
Theres a premier inn at Whitstable right on the A299 which also has a pub and a large car park . The location seems about right for everybody . if interest and we can agree a date I will ring/visit the pub to see if we can pinch a little of their car park .

FLYING BANANA
23rd April 2015, 07:52
Theres a premier inn at Whitstable right on the A299 which also has a pub and a large car park . The location seems about right for everybody . if interest and we can agree a date I will ring/visit the pub to see if we can pinch a little of their car park .
Seems like a plan. I'd be interested.

tezzer
23rd April 2015, 21:01
Organise a meet at the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway and I'll be there.

Mg/Rovers and trains, what's not to like?

I have a caravan in dymchurch.. love it

Busboy
25th April 2015, 21:07
With reference to the Mid Kent meet that I suggested at the beginning of this thread, I still feel that a meet would still be best in the centre of the county around the Maidstone/Ashford area, this would mean that it would be more central for Kent Members to attend, I have no idea how the members are spread throughout the county , so it would help greatly if as many as possible could reply with your location, to enable a better convenient venue to be arranged:shrug:

grteam
26th April 2015, 07:45
As stated, coming from Belgium, anywhere in Kent convenient, I would be curious what feedback Dutch and Belgian members would give, in event this starts getting substance.

zonk1969
26th April 2015, 20:40
With reference to the Mid Kent meet that I suggested at the beginning of this thread, I still feel that a meet would still be best in the centre of the county around the Maidstone/Ashford area, this would mean that it would be more central for Kent Members to attend, I have no idea how the members are spread throughout the county , so it would help greatly if as many as possible could reply with your location, to enable a better convenient venue to be arranged:shrug:

From Ramsgate

FLYING BANANA
26th April 2015, 21:16
Apparently I live in Essex but not to sure whereabouts. Lol!!!!

pbaker
4th May 2015, 14:57
Bob, your head is in whirl from all the miles u do!!!.

courtman
7th May 2015, 14:52
I'M IN lORDSWOOD, CHATHAM AND WOULD BE INTERESTEDhttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Salad-Dodger
7th May 2015, 21:08
Just up the road from me then in Walderslade.

Rob65
8th May 2015, 13:18
Seems like a plan. I'd be interested.

I'm interested !

zonk1969
8th May 2015, 13:50
Hi all i'm just waiting to hear back from a pub near whitstable . looking at the 31st may for the first one . :D

The_irish_rover
9th May 2015, 05:04
I'm just outside Canterbury - Ashford for the M20 and Faversham/Sittingbourne for the M2 are both good midway points with access to a motorway.