PDA

View Full Version : rover 75 conn cdt se auto,mistake?

dragonuk
19th November 2014, 05:21
Hi as a newbie who has been following this club for only a few months i would like to say i think you are all great.Recently i bought a new to me rover 75 conn se cdt auto, after only 2 weeks of great driving it developed a problem displaying ep on screen guessing rightly i checked the plenums lots of water,cleaned and drained them,great car started and drove fine for, about 7 miles EP came up car stopped wont start again now but engine turns o.k.any advice please.

Sidetops
19th November 2014, 05:41
EP stands for emergency program. Someone will be along soon with a cure. I would check the plenums first off, but it probably needs to have faults cleared on T4 diagnostic system. But you could try is disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so, this sometimes helps.

How to check your plenums: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125864

Stickman
19th November 2014, 05:48
Sorry to hear your troubles m8
Damned unlucky so early on :duh:
Not the end of the world though m8
Marinabrian is our resident god here thankfully :bowdown:
I believe he can repair your ecu by post ?
Contact him in the first instance m8
I'm sure he'll advise you where you're at
Regards
Chris

P.s when you've sorted your ecu contact jules to get one of his plenum
Leaf guards so you're safe for the future :D

Kennyeth
19th November 2014, 08:45
EP stands for emergency program. Someone will be along soon with a cure. I would check the plenums first off, but it probably needs to have faults cleared on T4 diagnostic system. But you could try is disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so, this sometimes helps.

How to check your plenums: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125864

He said he did that :}
Ken.

whitevanman
19th November 2014, 08:56
Hi as a newbie who has been following this club for only a few months i would like to say i think you are all great.Recently i bought a new to me rover 75 conn se cdt auto, after only 2 weeks of great driving it developed a problem displaying ep on screen guessing rightly i checked the plenums lots of water,cleaned and drained them,great car started and drove fine for, about 7 miles EP came up car stopped wont start again now but engine turns o.k.any advice please.

I'd stick the ecu in the airing cupboard for a couple of days (Note, not on a radiator in direct heat) just let it dry out completely, once damp is there it'll take a while to remove it fully. Not had it on the 75, had same thing on a beemer and the above along with a hairdryer on the connector in the car cured it.

mystabe
19th November 2014, 09:03
Exactly this happened to me - don't muck about, send the ecu to Brian then you'll know it's properly fixed rather than wondering/worrying if it's going to stop working again. As a added bonus get him to stick the 160 map on it while he's got it ;)

I got a new ECU and the 160 map for under £200 btw

rontug
19th November 2014, 09:29
Had the same problem a few years ago,ignored advice given by others,ended up virtually giving car away.follow advice.
same symtoms as mine get the ecu sorted.

Sidetops
19th November 2014, 15:28
He said he did that :}
Ken.

That'll teach me to read only part of thew message, I've been found out! :duh:

marinabrian
19th November 2014, 15:47

Hi Colin, the engine ECU is not communicating with the gearbox ECU.

Whip out the ECU from it's box and post it up to me, if it's repairable I'll do so, if not I'll sort you out with a service exchange unit.

Your car is on the cusp of changeover as far as ECM are concerned, it will be either fitted with an NNN100720 (http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-NNN100720), or an NNN500340 (http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-NNN500340)

I carry both types on the shelf ready to go, and at considerably cheaper prices than that in the links ;)

PM me with some contact details, and we'll get you up and running again :)

Brian :D

DMGRS
19th November 2014, 17:23
Brian on the ball as always - good man. :D

bl52krz
19th November 2014, 20:58
What would we do without people like yourselves i do not know. Thanks to you know who.