PDA

View Full Version : Mr D Turner's IPK Message Centre Will Not Show A Display

davidturner1
20th November 2014, 13:49
Please help my trip computer is not displaying rover 75.

Kennyeth
20th November 2014, 14:13

They don`t, well my two do not.
Ken.

Alan123
20th November 2014, 15:41
Nor mine :shrug:

oldcarguy
20th November 2014, 15:51
Do you mean you have a Rover 75 and the trip mileage isn't showing?

davidturner1
20th November 2014, 16:12
yes all messages mpg ext.

Avulon
20th November 2014, 20:03
Perhaps you could rephrase your question with a clear description of the problem your are having. Only you, knowing already what your are writing about, fully understand your question. Try and describe what you expect to be happening and what isn't happening.

klarzy
20th November 2014, 20:08

If you have an IPK (speedo pack) with message centre (trip computer) and that is not displaying?
Then it may be the ribbon is damaged or the screen has failed totally.
Either way I can probably help you by repairing the cable or replacing the IPK at a far lower cost than buying one from a motor factors like rimmer brothers.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

klarzy

A19_Graham
20th November 2014, 21:00
:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::duh::du h::duh::duh::duh:

klarzy
20th November 2014, 21:12
:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::duh::du h::duh::duh::duh:

????

A19_Graham
20th November 2014, 21:32
????

Just struggling to have the foggiest of what's going on.

Been a long hard day :duh:

chillyphil
21st November 2014, 01:25
Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.

I think folk want to help, but are unsure what the problem is. :}

Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and try explaining the problem to a blind alien, who has never seen a car before. (there are a few of them on here). :}

Phil

Mike Noc
21st November 2014, 06:39
A picture can also help David.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/MikeNoc/011_zps39c0b348.jpg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/MikeNoc/media/011_zps39c0b348.jpg.html)

Some cars have a second trip meter in the highline display. Which trip meter are you having a problem with?

SD1too
21st November 2014, 08:00
Which trip meter are you having a problem with?
Putting on my codebreaker hat, the answer could be as follows:
... my trip computer is not displaying ...
If we take the term "computer" literally, then its the message centre. Trip computers traditionally display the functions seen here.
... all messages mpg ext.
Here, I wonder whether "ext" was supposed to be "etc", and as "messages" and "mpg" have been quoted, I'd say that this considerably strengthens the case for the message centre.

Do I get Alan Turing's job?

Simon

davidturner1
21st November 2014, 10:49
If you have an IPK (speedo pack) with message centre (trip computer) and that is not displaying?
Then it may be the ribbon is damaged or the screen has failed totally.
Either way I can probably help you by repairing the cable or replacing the IPK at a far lower cost than buying one from a motor factors like rimmer brothers.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

klarzy
Thank you for that,the trip computer screen lights up but no display,i was told to disconect the battery and reconect what do you think.hope you canhelp.

davidturner1
21st November 2014, 11:00
Its the top screen message center, mpg, trip, fuel consumption etc.A picture can also help David.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/MikeNoc/011_zps39c0b348.jpg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/MikeNoc/media/011_zps39c0b348.jpg.html)

Some cars have a second trip meter in the highline display. Which trip meter are you having a problem with?

klarzy
21st November 2014, 11:56
Thank you for that,the trip computer screen lights up but no display,i was told to disconect the battery and reconect what do you think.hope you canhelp.

You can visit me or post the unit and i can attempt a repair or replace thi IPK for you. If you post you will not be able to drive the car for 4 days

sturmovik
21st November 2014, 15:54
Have you pressed the end of the lefthand stalk ?

Kevin

Avulon
22nd November 2014, 17:44
Have you pressed the end of the lefthand stalk ?

Kevin

Always check the simple things first :), never assume anything.

(Also never take anything that might be ambiguous and make deductions from it based on 'common sense' or even accurate knowledge, invariably the person giving information won't use correct terminology, and at best your success rate will be 50/50).

davidturner1
25th November 2014, 16:08
My top line message center lights up but does not display information.please help rover75 diesel cdti.

suzublu
25th November 2014, 17:01
Did you not read the replies on your previous post David :shrug: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201102&page=2 Contact Klarzy, he may help.

davidturner1
26th November 2014, 10:56
:duh:Did you not read the replies on your previous post David :shrug: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201102&page=2 Contact Klarzy, he may help.
Sorry i am not good at this,Klarzy please help.

Georgies Dad
26th November 2014, 11:10
Have your CDTi got the message centre facility fitted?

My tourer did not have one from new,I had to buy one and have it fitted by Phil T4.

Not all of our cars have the message centre fitted as standard.

Also check your left hand stalk to see if there is a button on the end which presses in,if not, you do not have the message centre fitted and no info on the screen at the top is normal.

klarzy
26th November 2014, 11:48
:duh:
Sorry i am not good at this,Klarzy please help.

pm sent mate...

davidturner1
26th November 2014, 13:12
Yes message center is fitted and does operate from the stalk,screen lights up but no info this the club version.thanks.

Reebs
26th November 2014, 17:04
David, I have merged your two threads into one and elaborated on your thread title to better describe your problem.

As has been said, Klarzy is your best bet to get to the bottom of this.