PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Rover 75 Connoiseur - Bonnet Restraining Arms

CORGI
21st November 2014, 07:51
Good Morning, Whilst checking around under the Bonnet, after a few minutes the Bonnet started to very slowly 'Drop'. Have any other members experienced this problem ? If the hydraulically restrained arms need replacement, is there anyone in the Fareham (Hants) area who would take on the task ? Ime 75 yrs old and getting too old (and lazy) to undertake the job.

wuzerk
21st November 2014, 08:51
They are extremely easy to remove and replace and would present no difficulty to me and I am older than you.

uk_dave&gill
21st November 2014, 09:11
Just make sure that you prop the bonnet up whilst swapping and it should be a piece of cake!

Had this problem once on the tailgate of one of my Ford Probes. These are very heavy! Same principle though, and I just used the piece of wood I'd been utilising as a prop to hold it up during the swap. Afterwards though, for the first few days, it was hard not to heave the tailgate up from habit, and more than once it shot up and clouted my under the chin! :D

CORGI
21st November 2014, 10:04
They are extremely easy to remove and replace and would present no difficulty to me and I am older than you.

You may be older than me but are you as lazy ?

I will get a quote then purchase arms - and fit when in Non Lazy Mode:}

jackatesme
21st November 2014, 11:13
You may be older than me but are you as lazy ?

I will get a quote then purchase arms - and fit when in Non Lazy Mode:}

There's plenty on e bay at the moment £5-£25.:}

roverbarmy
21st November 2014, 16:23
I've only had a problem when it was very windy.:shrug:
Mike