PDA

View Full Version : Bushings, front.

maxxpump
21st November 2014, 10:07
Hello all,

Apart from the other problems I currently have with my motor, I need one of the bushings, front bottom arm replaced, I am interested in getting the whole lot replaced, is there a uprated product that maybe able to replace them with??? I did see a hint of nylon replacements but was wondering are they available for all the front bushings which could be replaced (I assume if the rubber is giving out now, the rest will go soon!) and are they cheapish (the balance between cheap[ish and hardworking, but not cheerful (as that always causes trouble!)

Thankyou for any info....

DMGRS
21st November 2014, 10:50
Hello there,
Powerflex do indeed make polybushings for the front wishbones - the cheapest place to get them is usually eBay or Amazon. I do have them, but I'm not too hot on pricing as I have to go through a distributor. :)
It may be worth considering the item fitted by MG to the new MG7 - I get them directly from the factory, so they should last as well as the originals:
Rover 75 / MG ZT Front Lower Arm Bushes (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/steering-components/products/pre-order-rover-75-mg-zt-oem-front-lower-wishbone-bushes-rbx101760-rbx101770)

They're quite reasonable when compared with aftermarket offerings - it depends what you're after of course. :)

Good luck,
Mat

brianw
21st November 2014, 18:46
I fitted the powerflex ones to my CDT and have done around 45,000 since they were fitted with no problem so far. It is due for an MOT in December but am not anticipating any problem in that department.(cross fingers)
My wife's 1.8 was fitted with Ocap bushes from Eurocarparts but mileage is much lower so only 4,000 or so done since fitting. Passed MOT a few weeks ago so no problems so far.

Powerflex cost around £70 delivered when I got them.
Eurocarparts Ocap ones are currently £13.18 each

I Think it really depends on intended mileage Mat's ones look a good price for genuine bushes.
Regarding poly bushes I have not found any harshness with them although I believe some others have reported it after fitting.