PDA

View Full Version : Engine Compatibility.

Phil63
21st November 2014, 15:25
Hi all, After my alternator woes, (still not sorted) I've been reliably informed that my Head gasket's probably failed.
My question is;

Is the engine from my 02 75, a suitable replacement for the late 04 one, or are they different?

Thanks in advance, and please refrain from the "Are you sure it's hgf.... etc" comments. I'm a simple bloke, and would just like a simple answer.

Cheers, Phil :D :bowdown: :D

SD1too
21st November 2014, 19:03
... I've been reliably informed that my Head gasket's probably failed ... I'm a simple bloke, and would just like a simple answer.

OK Phil, simple answer coming up.

Head gasket failure on a diesel? :eek: I very much doubt it.

There you go.

Simon

Phil63
21st November 2014, 20:13
Lol... Apparently so, unless you drag a caravan up and down a Spanish mountain at 40c with a burst radiator, and then drive back to Blighty with said 'van.

SD1too
22nd November 2014, 12:01
Ah, it's that moment when new and dramatic information is disclosed! :D

Did your engine overheat during this Top Gear-style endurance test Phil?

We're getting perilously close to the "Are you sure it's HGF ..." moment. But if you really want a reliable answer, sooner or later you're going to have to consider the symptoms and discuss it with us. Sorry. The alternative is to spend a load of money on someone's say-so.

Simon

Phil63
22nd November 2014, 14:34
I told myself I wouldn't get involved in this type of discussion, but what the hell. I bought the car a month ago with "coolant issues". IE; From max level, approx 1 pint of coolant was being expelled through the header tank. What I discovered after purchase, was,when left overnight, the cooling system remained pressurized in the morning, pointing to an internal hgf. A well respected member, who had worked on the car, advised me of the probability of hgf, and that economically, a transplant was the best option. Hence my original question, which has been answered satisfactorily via PM.

Many thanks, Phil :D

Dragrad
23rd November 2014, 23:28
Thread moved on to here....

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1848862#post1848862