PDA

View Full Version : drivers cup holder fitting?

thebmw1200gsa
21st November 2014, 23:36
I have seen advertised here and there 75 and MG's with drivers cup holders fitted. Now since I have just about got everything out of my ZTT how do you fit them?

I have obtained an old passenger one, BUT and theres always seems to be a BUT!

I have looked at the passenger one but the binnacle seems handed and the only way I can see it fits the drivers side is to mount it upside down --- possibly not a wise idea!

Also for some reason the O/S/R passenger door no longer wants to work with the rest of the central locking. It as always worked fine and was working fine before and during above but now it doesn't want to play,:shrug::shrug:

Anyone any ideas I can open manually from inside but no locking with button?

First_damned
21st November 2014, 23:56
The drivers side cup holder is angled differently from the passenger one. The passenger cup holder can't be put in as a drivers cup holder.

Kiltman
22nd November 2014, 08:07
And don't try and fit one unless you have an automatic as they are worse than useless with a manual.

Doc Evil
22nd November 2014, 13:56
And don't try and fit one unless you have an automatic as they are worse than useless with a manual.

I have one and manual car and I don't have a problem great for my morning Costa
Doc

Salmon
22nd November 2014, 14:28
I have my drivers side cup holder space completely open since i accessed the radio. I took out all the gubbins and now have a hole for various things.

I do intend to make a drawer though and then fix the walnut facia to that.
I may even Baize line it and keep my glasses or what ever inside.

I'll post pics when I get round to it.

I use the passenger cupholder as I'm usually riding solo.

A19_Graham
22nd November 2014, 14:53
What a great idea, a Drawer :)

Cant wait to see this.

thebmw1200gsa
22nd November 2014, 22:17
Ok thanks, didn't know there was a specific drivers one, I thought someone had come up with a clever solution to fit the passenger one in!

roverbarmy
22nd November 2014, 22:20
Don't drink and drive! :D