PDA

View Full Version : Rear spring rate for CDT Tourer

wmick
22nd November 2014, 15:54
Has anyone any experience with the heavy duty Lesjofors rear springs?

When I found my original rear springs were broken, I replaced them with some cheapies off the bay but I found that they were too lightweight for the job, even though they were advertised to be for a Tourer.
I suppose they might be suitable for a car with Nivomats.

I was considering replacing them with either the original orange spring or with some heavy duty ones, because the car is my toolbox and I also use it for towing the caravan.

My question is really, do the heavy duty springs give too harsh a ride?

Mick

Tin Tent
22nd November 2014, 16:21
I also tow a caravan and changed springs for a set of heavy duty kilen springs car sits level when hitched up had them on 5yrs seems a nice ride to me, old springs were RG orange & white replaced when one broke.

CimmaronG
22nd November 2014, 16:26
Recently fitted heavy duty springs from ECP, to my tourer. Can't say noticed much deference in ride comfort, possible slightly stiffer, but I wouldn't say the ride is harsh. Not had chance to tow the caravan as yet.

T-Cut
22nd November 2014, 17:05
Maybe worth asking Best-of-British-Rover if they have the ones you need. They sell genuine MGR springs on ebay for very little money.

Example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-REAR-COIL-SPRING-DIESEL-OR-HEAVY-DUTY-RM-PURPLE-AND-WHITE-INC-RUBBERS-/261635875521?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ceab6a2c1

TC