PDA

View Full Version : Mk 2 Tourer mud Flaps

Busboy
23rd November 2014, 18:04
As I am having difficulty in obtaining original equipment rear mud flaps for my Mk 2 Tourer , I am wondering if it is feasible to modify the Mk1 version to make them fit.

I realise that the bumper on the two versions of tourer is different in the area where the mud flaps fits, Is there any member out there that has tried and failed to make the Mk1 flaps fit, any suggestions would be most welcome. I would like to fit something suitable ASAP as all the rain and dirt being thrown up of the roads lately is making a constant mess of my rear arches.:shrug:

ProfDave
23rd November 2014, 20:00
the fronts are the same

I did mine using MKI ones and then trimming to fit

they worked ok

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b602/ProfDave4/Mudflap_zps6996c189.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/ProfDave4/media/Mudflap_zps6996c189.jpg.html)

ProfDave
23rd November 2014, 20:01
as in fronts identical but I modified MKI rears for the tourer which are available from Rimmers still

trimmed and they are ok

Busboy
24th November 2014, 07:35
As I am having difficulty in obtaining original equipment rear mud flaps for my Mk 2 Tourer , I am wondering if it is feasible to modify the Mk1 version to make them fit.

I realise that the bumper on the two versions of tourer is different in the area where the mud flaps fits, Is there any member out there that has tried and failed to make the Mk1 flaps fit, any suggestions would be most welcome. I would like to fit something suitable ASAP as all the rain and dirt being thrown up of the roads lately is making a constant mess of my rear arches.:shrug:

as in fronts identical but I modified MKI rears for the tourer which are available from Rimmers still

trimmed and they are ok

Thanks for the top Dave , I need to buy both fronts and rears, I know Rimmer,s have the fronts but I am still trying to source the rears, but at least I now know it is possible to trim the rears