PDA

View Full Version : Awful accident at the Hawes Inn

munroman
23rd November 2014, 19:19
Runaway bin lorry ran over and killed its driver.

(http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846284/Bin-lorry-driver-killed-vehicle-crushed-against-wall-tried-stop-rolling-car-park.html)

Graham1961
23rd November 2014, 20:19
OMG......I did'nt know that, what a tragedy.

Greeners
23rd November 2014, 20:23
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846284/Bin-lorry-driver-killed-vehicle-crushed-against-wall-tried-stop-rolling-car-park.html

A terrible accident, one can only assume he forgot to put the handbrake on then tried to stop it before it rolled away.

fraz59
23rd November 2014, 20:32
tragic but your instinct is to try and stop it ..even though it is way too heavy

But look at the people all out with their camera phones !!

alanjay
23rd November 2014, 20:51
tragic but your instinct is to try and stop it ..even though it is way too heavy

But look at the people all out with their camera phones !!

Saw this when I got back from todays met at Leatherhead and thought the same, always more people with camera phones for a tragedy than people interested in good news.

I really don't know the circumstances, did he forget the handbrake or did it fail.

What I do know is the driver was prepared to risk his life to prevent the loss of other peoples lives and sadly, he died.

What really annoys me is someone on this site wants to shut down the Social Forum because it involves non Rover 75 issues.

Surely this illustrates that by this mans selfless actions he might have saved the life of a Rover driver, for which we should all be thankful and agree this site needs a Social Forum.

Astraeus
24th November 2014, 08:02
Saw this when I got back from todays met at Leatherhead and thought the same, always more people with camera phones for a tragedy than people interested in good news.

I really don't know the circumstances, did he forget the handbrake or did it fail.

What I do know is the driver was prepared to risk his life to prevent the loss of other peoples lives and sadly, he died.

What really annoys me is someone on this site wants to shut down the Social Forum because it involves non Rover 75 issues.

Surely this illustrates that by this mans selfless actions he might have saved the life of a Rover driver, for which we should all be thankful and agree this site needs a Social Forum.

Hi

Just read this in my paper this morning. Terrible accident. A man trying to stop his lorry hurting someone has paid the terrible price of losing his life.
A reminder if required that the line between life and death can be a very fine one.
My thoughts go out to his family who must be devastated.

Chris

stevestrat
24th November 2014, 08:52
Sad and pointless loss of a life. I'm sure these Biffa trucks go around single manned, only the driver. Can't help wondering if it would have happened with two men on the truck.

FLYER
24th November 2014, 12:54
A real tragedy.

We have our Christmas dinner at the Hawes this Friday .

Thoughts to this poor man's family.

Gate Keeper
25th November 2014, 00:20

Sad news reading this Alan and tragedy for the man and his family. Sad also to read that someone wants to close down the social forum. Personally. I am against this move. Are you allowed to say who the 'Big Girls Blouse' is?

FLYER
25th November 2014, 19:57
Sad news reading this Alan and tragedy for the man and his family. Sad also to read that someone wants to close down the social forum. Personally. I am against this move. Are you allowed to say who the 'Big Girls Blouse' is?i have a shortlist of 3 but could,nt possibly name them .

usual suspects .:eek:

Phil63
25th November 2014, 20:12
Sad and pointless loss of a life. I'm sure these Biffa trucks go around single manned, only the driver.

Yes they do. I drive a council recycling truck, and we have two and three men crews. We often discuss the H+S issues of Biffa sending drivers out alone.

Gurgle260
26th November 2014, 19:58
Yes a terrible tragedy..I wondered if he was loading at the Hawes Inn and it rolled away..he was probably trying to get back in the truck and its likely it turned towards him...according to the newspaper article I think he was in his 30's ...what a shame

Robert