PDA

View Full Version : Premium bumper and under tray question

falcoron
24th November 2014, 15:43
I have a premium bumper fitted and the under tray of my 75 was not a great fit at the front, there was a gap, I just cable tied the tray to the bumper but that was **** and I have now lost the under tray, was old and tattered anyway, my question is do I use a different tray from a V8 or V6 to make fit? I fitted ZT inner front guards but they weren't a great fit to the bumper either but not too bad.
Any suggestions and where to buy? Seen trays on eBay rand new cheap but don't know if they are ok or not

DMGRS
24th November 2014, 16:43
I think there's usually a gap between the Premium Bumper and the tray - there was on a friend's who had this bumper fitted too.
Any of the eBay trays will do the job, just bear in mind they probably won't have as much / any sound deadening as the originals did. They still protect the underside, though. :)

falcoron
24th November 2014, 18:42
I think there's usually a gap between the Premium Bumper and the tray - there was on a friend's who had this bumper fitted too.
Any of the eBay trays will do the job, just bear in mind they probably won't have as much / any sound deadening as the originals did. They still protect the underside, though. :)

Wonder if the V8's with premium have a gap too, seems a bit strange to have a gap. Thanks for the reply, will look at the eBay ones again I can put some sound deadening on we do it in work for generator engines.

sworks
24th November 2014, 19:52
There is a strip of plastic filling the gap if I remember correctly

DMGRS
25th November 2014, 17:08

Ah, I've never seen that. That'd explain a lot!

Alex30013k
25th November 2014, 18:09
Yes there is a u snapped platstic strip that fills the gap.
This also has another bit of trim that was pop reverted onto it that hung lower than the bumper.

sworks
25th November 2014, 21:07
Next time I'm under my car I will take a photo

gavin 75
25th November 2014, 21:15
I have one fitted to my bumper.

falcoron
3rd December 2014, 17:39
can anyone tell me where to get the gap sealing strip or have a link or part number please, i want a new undertray but wont fit unless i have the filler sections to hold it all together.
Would appreciate any pictures if you can.

rich17865
3rd December 2014, 18:23

Yes there is supposed to be a filler bit, I had one for sale a while ago and a member snapped it up. No longer available of course :duh:

rich17865
3rd December 2014, 18:26
Part number DPF000050

Brit Car claim they can get one,

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/190120/5497/front_bumper_finisher_mg_zt_rover_75

I believe it is the same part for the MG7 grille, may be worth asking if Radioguy has any?

Yella Fella
3rd December 2014, 18:35
Part number DPF000050

Brit Car claim they can get one,

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/190120/5497/front_bumper_finisher_mg_zt_rover_75

I believe it is the same part for the MG7 grille, may be worth asking if Radioguy has any?

Shocking price! Cable ties will be fine.

falcoron
3rd December 2014, 20:15
Way over the top price wise, cable ties didn't work. Looks to thin also

T-Cut
3rd December 2014, 20:55
I believe there's one fitted as standard to the ZT. The gap filler I mean.

And as I recall, the ZT wheel arch liners are needed to fit better with the Premium bumper.
ZT and 75 liners have different part numbers, but the ZT is the same as the V8 part numbers.

TC

falcoron
3rd December 2014, 21:46
Yeah done the wheel arches with ZT ones when I fitted the bumper but the front gap is annoying and makes the Undertray vulnerable, mine just dissapeared one day, I had all new fasteners on it too.

trebor
3rd December 2014, 22:05
You need a splitter off a V8 to bridge the gap, it's 11 pictures down on my how to below, try RoverBreakers at Middlewich or traders on here and go the OEM route, the splitter also carries the tubes for headlight washers if you ever intend to fit any and may even come with them

DPF000050 is probably the same item although it doesn't look exactly the same on the Rimmers Bros website

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=112447

STUBIE
3rd December 2014, 23:22
I have one of these new. Depending on what I have on my premium grilled 75 I am getting on Sunday it maybe available for sale.

Stubs

T-Cut
4th December 2014, 10:36
DPF000050 is probably the same item

I'm pretty sure it is. Same part used on all ZTs as well as the V8.

TC

falcoron
5th December 2014, 12:25
PM sent chum!