PDA

View Full Version : thinners on dash

prits_uk2002
4th May 2008, 08:18
hi the handle on my glove compartment is scratched its ment to be dark grey the same colour as dash in the mgzt however as its scrathed part looks brushed alluminim look. so what i did was started scratching of all the grey paint so instaed all alliminum i was then gonna polish it so it looks crome. got fed up of scartching so i usedd thinners to remove the dark grey paint did the top peice great then the underside to which was more tricky i didnt remove the handle from the glove compartment. whilst using thinners a liitle bit has gone on the glovebox (its actaLY got a leather peice stuck on the plastic to give the leather look i know this know i just pulled the etire glove to peices) just near where you pull the lever to open it causing it to change colour is there any way to fix this the leather is gone a sandy colour how can i getg this back dark grey thanks for anyhelp in advance

trebor
10th May 2008, 07:15
Can you post a picture ?

Kandyman
10th May 2008, 07:27
Hi prits,

Have a go with using a leather Conditioner / cleaner.

Gliptones always gets good reviews.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=1&from=R40&satitle=Gliptone&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=DA161PT&sabfmts=1&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1