PDA

View Full Version : electric power failure

FREDPLY
25th November 2014, 17:16
Well driving along this evening and decided to adjust my drivers side mirror selected the appropriate side pressed the down button and off went atc, stereo heater rear screen blower heat the lot! then the widows wont drop from the 4 way master switch.

I have changed fuse 11 restored power and checked the fault again exactly the same happened sorted problem with another fuse - Tomorrows job is to strip down the master electric window switch I guess hopefully sticky contacts or something simple

FROGGY
25th November 2014, 19:26
Wouldn't life be boring without these small "Rover" moments?:D:D:D

okenora
25th November 2014, 22:09
Tomorrows job is to strip down the master electric window switch I guess hopefully sticky contacts or something simple

Doubt if that's the cause. As far as I know the switch pack simply triggers the BCU and then the BCU does the actual switching of power. The fault more likely lies after the BCU.

raykay
25th November 2014, 23:48
The driver door mirror switch has an ignition feed from fuse 11 on a Light Green/White cable.

Astraeus
26th November 2014, 00:05
The driver door module has an ignition feed from fuse 11 on a Light Green/White cable and a battery feed from fuse 4 on an Orange/Green cable.

Hi

I have a small suggestion. Peel back the cover around the inside where door mirror is fitted. Where the tweeter is. There is a small black connector at inside end of mirror with a few wires ( sorry can't recall number but only one connector there) Disconnect that. Try replacing fuse now. Once done, try to adjust the mirror down now. If fuse ok the problem is with the mirror...electric motor likely cause) If fuse still goes you have more tricky problem to sort. Try the free test first as often the faults on our cars are very simple ones once you find out what the problem is.
If as I Suspect problem within mirror very easy to swap for a replacement. One of the traders on here will have one. Only three nuts (8mm) I think to take off to change mirror as a whole. Easy to swap over cover in a new one if the replacement colour is not the same.
Chris