PDA

View Full Version : One job creating another

trimani
25th November 2014, 21:00
:duh: I have just had my Vis's repaired by Dave (Stocktake). Had self test mod done 12 months ago, but 'Balance Vis' failed due to oil ingress, and 'Power Vis' had developed a fault.
Any way, off to 'Dave' again, magic wand waved, Oil sealed, and back in ONE DAY :bowdown:. Amazing turnround, and Dave loaned me a couple of Vis's to keep car on the road. :bowdown:
I have refitted them, but engine not running at all right. Won't tick over properly, and when I press throttle, she cuts out. Sounds like an air leak :shrug:.
I have checked Vis's are seated properly, and both working on self test.
I have spoken with Dave and he's of the same opinion as me, an 'Air Leak' somewhere.
Right by the side of the Balance Vis there is a black tube (I think it is servo ?) that fits into engine with a red ring. I depressed the red ring and removed pipe, cleaned it, and refitted it, but to me it seems very loose. Could this be the cause of my problem. It runs right over balance Vis and I wonder if Ive caused it when removing Vis ?
It's just at the low revs, and sometimes cuts out as soon as I touch throttle.
Can I get a new 'Red Ring' to tighten the black pipe up ?

Any suggestions would be great.

trimani (Alf)
Any ideas

trikey
25th November 2014, 21:05
The rings in the manifold can be replaced, it's a fiddly job, trouble is you can't get them new and used ones can be worn too!

trimani
25th November 2014, 21:11
The rings in the manifold can be replaced, it's a fiddly job, trouble is you can't get them new and used ones can be worn too!

Thanks trikey. Do you think that might be the cause of the air leak ?

trimani (Alf)

gavin 75
25th November 2014, 21:34

They are still for sale on the Rimmers site at a price.
Part Number LZN100220 for the small one. LZN100220L for the large one.

trimani
25th November 2014, 23:02
They are still for sale on the Rimmers site at a price.
Part Number LZN100220 for the small one. LZN100220L for the large one.

Thanks gavin. I've had a look, and yes they are there, thankyou. Not 100 % sure if they are the same as mine. Problem is I don't know the name of the black pipe, it fits right next to Balance Vis, and I don't know which size I would need.

Any help welcome :bowdown:
trimani (Alf)

Arctic
26th November 2014, 01:13
Thanks gavin. I've had a look, and yes they are there, thankyou. Not 100 % sure if they are the same as mine. Problem is I don't know the name of the black pipe, it fits right next to Balance Vis, and I don't know which size I would need.

Any help welcome :bowdown:
trimani (Alf)

Hi Alf.
Breather pipe check that it is pushed fully home also take the engine cover off and check the other ones too ;) Arctic

trimani
26th November 2014, 07:39
Hi Alf.
Breather pipe check that it is pushed fully home also take the engine cover off and check the other ones too ;) Arctic

Hi Steve

Thanks for your response :bowdown:
I will go down and check all of those pipes,hopefully that's what it is.
Car is stuck on the road at moment, won't pull away, just cuts out as soon as I touch throttle :duh: I did get it going earlier and it runs providing I keep the revs up, but as soon as I slow down she gets erratic and stalls.
Traffic Warden is watching from over the road (:devil:), I've got my blue badge up but still time limited. :mad:
Any other pointers welcome, and can you tell me what that black pipe next to the Balance Vis is called, whats it for :shrug:
Going down to car now
trimani (Alf)

trimani
26th November 2014, 18:33
Hi Guys

Problem solved :}

I've got to own up, it was my fault (no change there then).
It sounded like rough running was an 'Air Leak'. No, it was an incorrectly fitted Power Vis. I understood that when refitting you had to pull the slider over towards drivers side of car, and that's what I did. I removed it and checked carefully and it was obvious that it was not going to line up properly, so carefully I moved slider to a position that looked right, and carefully refitted. 'Hey Presto' Car ran as sweet as a nut, so obviously the peg was not in the slot and power vis not operating.
They say there's now fool like an old fool, and that's just how I feel. But the car is now running great :}
Thanks everyone for help and advice, especially Stocktake (Dave), who Ive had working overtime. Thanks Dave :bowdown:
Cheers
trimani (Alf)

Arctic
29th November 2014, 11:04
Hi Alf .
Great to here you sorted it out :} if you ever need the breather pipe again they obtainable from Rimmers links below.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-LLH102660

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001700

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-LZN100220