PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 1.8 Club SE T 2003

pomegranitelinz
26th November 2014, 11:28
Can I first thank all who replied to my last query
I believe the T refers to the vehicle being turbo charged. As I have just bought the vehicle how do I know it is working and and does it require any servicing? The car is booked into the garage on friday for general maintenance due to lack of service history.

Many thanks

Lindsay (Mrs)

Heddy
26th November 2014, 11:34
Hi and Welcome, I'm sure the garage, if reputable will advise on any service items the car may need. This model runs very well from what I hear, as long as the coolant (water) level is maintained. Just enjoy the car but listen for any strange noises, lack of power etc and post on here for the 'definitive' answer should you encounter any problems. :}

dqr22d
26th November 2014, 14:57
Can I first thank all who replied to my last query
I believe the T refers to the vehicle being turbo charged. As I have just bought the vehicle how do I know it is working and and does it require any servicing? The car is booked into the garage on friday for general maintenance due to lack of service history.

Many thanks

Lindsay (Mrs)

What Heddy said, I have the MG version and you'll know when there is a problem with the turbo but generally speaking you should be trouble free. Just a couple of tips in general for any turbo car:- Make sure you keep the coolant at the correct level in the radiator resovior and when you stop after long journeys or after a bout of heavy acceleration allow the engine to run for 30 seconds or so to allow the turbo to stop spinning whilst oil is still circulating around it. This just helps prolong its life.

Happy motoring, you'll love the car. ;)

Mark