PDA

View Full Version : throttle body sticking

Dansrockin
27th November 2014, 14:58
my 190 throttle body butterfly is sticking, if i hold the throttle open steady and then let go, the revs stay up unless i tap the pedal and then they drop to where they should be. ive tried cleaning and lubing everything, but from what i can see, its the part that connects to the butterfly in the TB that isnt springing back into place quick enough. all the other parts move freely.
is there anything that can be taken off and replaced in that area, or is it a case of getting another TB and swapping them over?
cheers
dan

slacko
27th November 2014, 15:41
You can get a spray can of cleaner that washes away built up carbon which is the cause of your problem.

Dansrockin
27th November 2014, 15:53
Tried it! I've had the TB off and soaked everything in carb cleaner and given it a good brush and wipe over, and then lubed it all after, but still no good. Its actually worse now than it was before cleaning!

Robson Rover Repair
27th November 2014, 22:51
Tried it! I've had the TB off and soaked everything in carb cleaner and given it a good brush and wipe over, and then lubed it all after, but still no good. Its actually worse now than it was before cleaning!

Too much moisture still remaining on the unit, once soaked off cover the whole unit at the switch sections with petroleum jelly to prevent it.