PDA

View Full Version : IPK Sounder - Can you buy anywhere?

rovertone
29th November 2014, 13:15
The sounder as packed up in my IPK, I am not concerned about overspeed & lights on warning but do miss parking sensors. Can you buy the sounder anywhere or anyone know where I could get it repaired. (If i could obtain one my only soldering iron is like a poker so wouldn't trust myself fitting it!)
Alternatively is it possible to fit a separate speaker (as per under parcel shelf) to the later wiring? Thanks.

klarzy
29th November 2014, 13:24
The sounder as packed up in my IPK, I am not concerned about overspeed & lights on warning but do miss parking sensors. Can you buy the sounder anywhere or anyone know where I could get it repaired. (If i could obtain one my only soldering iron is like a poker so wouldn't trust myself fitting it!)
Alternatively is it possible to fit a separate speaker (as per under parcel shelf) to the later wiring? Thanks.

an external speaker would require soldering into the IPK PCB just as replacing the internal sounder would so no saving there...

I can send you a sounder or you could come over and I can supply and fit one for a small charge...

k

T-Cut
29th November 2014, 13:48
Try the following link. It's not often I have to look on the other forum for this kind of info, but haven't found it here yet.

Clicky: http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=500105

TC

freddie bosewell
29th November 2014, 17:37
an external speaker would require soldering into the IPK PCB just as replacing the internal sounder would so no saving there...

I can send you a sounder or you could come over and I can supply and fit one for a small charge...

k

Mine arrived from Klarzy today :D:D:D;), top bloke, highly recommended most helpful, I can't thank him enough his service is more than excellent :}:}

rovertone
30th November 2014, 08:29
Klarzy
Thanks I would be grateful if you could supply me with one please, the link from T Cut suggests that the job is not as intricate as I thought and right now I will struggle to find time to get across to you.
Regards Tony

klarzy
30th November 2014, 14:16
Klarzy
Thanks I would be grateful if you could supply me with one please, the link from T Cut suggests that the job is not as intricate as I thought and right now I will struggle to find time to get across to you.
Regards Tony

one is on it's way

jackatesme
30th November 2014, 15:46
Klarzy
Regards Tony

I recently done this myself following a good how to by gazza 190.Only made 1 mistake in my eagerness my get old sounder off by pulling (not realiseing soldered on back)snapped pins,but was able to solder new sounder to what was left of the old pins.Otherwise very simple.:}