PDA

View Full Version : Fault code s PO300 and PO313

dodgy26
1st December 2014, 15:25
Hi all,
I have just code read my car and it gave these two faults, PO300 multiple miss fire and PO313 Miss fire due to low fuel pressure, The car runs great and starts great.
The only couple of things I have noticed is when I park up and switch the engine off, when I get out I can only describe what sounds like a soft thump coming from under the car, I think passenger off side rear, It makes this noise for about 30secs or so, plus the other day it seemed to miss when I went round a corner but I thought I was just in too high a gear and the car has run spot on from then, no EML light is on at anytime.
Could it be a fuel pump failing and do I have one or two pumps, I have a 1.8 non turbo on a 52 plate with 78,000 miles.
Thank you for any help and advice
Dave

T-Cut
1st December 2014, 19:12
It's pretty unlikely to be a pump issue but I have to wonder about FFS, which causes delivery pressure loss. In the early stages Fuel Filter Syndrome causes misfiring. With mine, it happened after negotiating a roundabout. There was a lot of misfiring and power loss when accelerating from the bend. The problem deteriorated very quickly until the engine wouldn't start at all.

It would be worth searching 'FFS' and 'FOC' if you think this may be the trouble. My advice as always, is to fit the orange clip anyway.

TC