PDA

View Full Version : Help with Airbag light, not the usual faults...

75tobbe
2nd December 2014, 12:14
Well before sending the car to the scrapper when the MOT is due, I thought I would try and ask if anyone have something more I can try to get the Airbag light to go out.

I have read EVERY thread on the Internet regarding the problem and have tried EVERYTHING suggested but no luck.

Three different diagnostic equipments(T4 and two others) says the same thing: Open Circuit in drivers and passenger side airbag. The thing is I have measured the resistance from the connector at the Ecu to every airbag and tensioner(No they didnīt go boom) and it measured ok. I have tested with new airbags and just resistors and can find nothing wrong with the circuits.

I have gotten the light to go out a couple of times, I think it was when fiddling with the connector to the ecu and spraying it with contact cleaner, but I canīt say for sure that it was what made it go out, tried it some more times but no go. I have tried to tighten the connectors, bendning the pins a little but it wonīt go out again.

I did purchase another ecu but it could have come from a limousine and I got a tourer, I understand that the limo has tensioners for the backseat but the tourer donīt so it would probably trigger an error for that.

Does anyone no if an Ecu from a tourer would work, or does it need coding to my car? I live in Sweden and could probably not get that done here, just pure luck I found a garage that still knew how to use the old T4 they had, but that was located a long way from where I live.