PDA

View Full Version : air inlet temp sensor.1.8 turbo

bear-mg
2nd December 2014, 16:21
hi all , just wondering where the air inlet temp sensors is located to? I cant see one on the inlet manifold as per rimmer-bros picture??
running out of options for hesitation between 2-3 thousand rpm , I've change the plugs , coil packs and leads , also a new boost sensor .. my last hopes are air inlet sensor if it has one or map sensor???:xmas-smiley-024: also no fault codes so im stabbing in the dark..lol:snowfight1:

suzublu
2nd December 2014, 16:25
According to Mr Haynes, the air inlet temp. sensor is only fitted to the non-turbo, so no wonder you can't find it.

bear-mg
2nd December 2014, 16:30
lol I thought as much ..cheers batman!! guess i'll take a punt at a new map sensor then, , ,fingers crossed:xmas-smiley-007:

olliesgrandad
2nd December 2014, 18:47
Had the same thing on my1.8t every now and again ! The last thing I changed was the coilpacks , that cured it ! Made a very good car even better:icon_lol:

bear-mg
2nd December 2014, 20:40
Had the same thing on my1.8t every now and again ! The last thing I changed was the coilpacks , that cured it ! Made a very good car even better:icon_lol:

already changed them for OE Beru coil packs but no difference ...changed all vacuum pipes to , can only think of the map sensor at fault :icon_rolleyes: or a sticky spot in the tps sensor maybe?? reset it many a time but no joy , she idles perfect but just that damn annoying hesitance between 2-3k rpm..

valleygixer
3rd December 2014, 05:58
What gap have you got on the plugs?