PDA

View Full Version : Fbh fuel burner heater

horatiostephen
2nd December 2014, 21:38
hi all the "FBH" fuel burner heater is draining my battery can u just un-plug?? it or what fuse do i remove ?? 2nd thing can i remove FBH and re-route the pipes/hoses??

thanks all
Steve

James.uk
3rd December 2014, 00:15
just unplug the fbh and put the plug in a plastic bag.

Undo both pipes, and join with short piece of copper pipe and two clips.

If you want to repair it, leave it in situ, just take out it's pcb and send it to frenchMike innit. pcb is under the top rh cover..

Elick
3rd December 2014, 04:13
hi all the "FBH" fuel burner heater is draining my battery can u just un-plug?? it or what fuse do i remove ?? 2nd thing can i remove FBH and re-route the pipes/hoses??

thanks all
Steve

Yep mine was doing same, French Mike done a fair bit of restoration to my circuit board in last couple of weeks and now running nicely.
Unplug the larger 6 pin plug not the 2 pin as it can do some damage apparently. Or just remove fuse 8 under bonnet.

horatiostephen
3rd December 2014, 20:19
Elick and james thank you both...

klarzy
3rd December 2014, 21:23
Yep mine was doing same, French Mike done a fair bit of restoration to my circuit board in last couple of weeks and now running nicely.
Unplug the larger 6 pin plug not the 2 pin as it can do some damage apparently. Or just remove fuse 8 under bonnet.

best to pull the battery when unplugging to avoid any chance of spiking and never turn the key with the fuse pulled as this will spike the board..