PDA

View Full Version : Front bumperstrips ?

Bartje
3rd December 2014, 20:16
Hi there,

The former owner of my MK1 ZT-T has been creative by drilling a ziljon small holes in the front bumper, in the part that appears to be a loose bumper strip, but it isn't. He had fitted a LED strip behind it, but it looked awful and there was barely any light visible, so I took these things out..

Since it's pretty much impossible to find a front bumper in Holland, let alone one in the right color, I was wondering if anybody knows wheter the chrome strips that are fitted to the 75 models, will fit onto/over these bumperstrips on a ZT, are they the same size ?
That way I could get 2 of those 75 Chrome strips and paint them in the right colour and fit them over the bit with the holes in it.

Or, does anybody in the UK have a good quality MK1 ZT front bumper in British Racing Green (Paint code HFF) lying around ? ;-)

suzublu
3rd December 2014, 20:29
The strips on a ZT are moulded to the bumper & not removable, so chrome strips wouldn't fit. I would think a replacement bumper is your best choice :Snow:

Bartje
3rd December 2014, 22:18
Yeah, I know they're part of the bumper, that's why I was wondering if I could get the chrome strips from the 75 and fit them over the holes.. ;) So.. basically I need to know if they're the right lenght and width as the moulded strips on the MG bumper.. ;)

If they are, I can make them fit.. ;)