PDA

View Full Version : Alarm will not set &central locking

le-sabre
3rd December 2014, 20:46
Hi folks,
Strange thing just happened ... took my '05 ZTT out without any problems but when I got back and went remote lock and set the alarm nothing happened ??. The fob flashes as if it's trying but the car doesn't lock. While I was trying to see what was going on the alarm goes off , it eventually stops (of it's own accord, I think) During all this the car will start so it's not immobilised. I have two keys , neither do anything and the batteries in both are good.
Any help will be appreciated
Ta
:christmas:

COLVERT
3rd December 2014, 21:09
Plenum OK ???

Anon3
3rd December 2014, 22:19
Check fuses 32, 36 and 08 if the plenum is clear.

It might not be the correct answer, but it's cheap and easy :)

Dragrad
3rd December 2014, 23:08
Don't know if this has any relevance....

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43923

But might be worth a shot....

le-sabre
4th December 2014, 09:08
Plenium is good, checked it only a few days ago and all clear

le-sabre
5th December 2014, 07:20
Well, went out this morning to try the "key reset" thing.
Opened the drivers door and the alarm went off ... I pressed the lock button and it worked ??
So it's clearly not the key fob or a fuse ... best double check the plenium again :Snow: ..... but I know for a fact it was clean and dry a few days ago.
... a mystery ?

Anon3
5th December 2014, 21:27
Well, went out this morning to try the "key reset" thing.
Opened the drivers door and the alarm went off ... I pressed the lock button and it worked ??
So it's clearly not the key fob or a fuse ... best double check the plenium again :Snow: ..... but I know for a fact it was clean and dry a few days ago.
... a mystery ?

Do not discount anything.

In about 50 times of trying my locks, they actually worked a couple of times, which led me to also believe the fuse wasn't gone.
But it was.

I know; it's not logical, but replacing the blown fuse has sorted the problem.

It's an easy thing to check, is the point and you need to 100% discount it being a possibility.