PDA

View Full Version : Scratches - what to do?

Aga
6th May 2008, 20:59
I was driving down a hill in my town 9Ken, you might know it - Skew Lane). It is not the widest of lanes, but is usually easy to negotiate even when two cars meet half way up! However, not this time! A large white van came at me and was a little too far away from the kerb on his side of the road and he forced me into the hedge a little. Not too far, you understand, but just enough to put a load of striations down the side of my car - it was a thorn hedge of some sort!
Not deep, but damned upsetting!
I know that the obvious answer is T Cut, but I know that there are some not-so-abrasive alternatives out there. Has anyone here used any that they can recommend?

Simon
6th May 2008, 21:03
Quite a few of our valeting experts will be along no doubt to help out with your car Steve. Sorry to hear that you were put into such a situation in the first place though :( Very sad feeling when you know you've done damage to the car, even more so when it was not your fault.... :mad:

I've moved the thread to the Valeting Forum to aid your query :)

Greeners
6th May 2008, 21:09
If they're not too deep, try Megs Scratch - X. About £8 a tube, but it does take a lot of elbow work......I managed to get rid of a couple of nasty scratches on my rear wing.

Simon W
6th May 2008, 21:32
There's some good stuff called Quixx - works quite well on surface scratches as long as you're careful.

trebor
9th May 2008, 10:20
if the scratches are not too deep i.e just in the clearcoat lacquer, they will polish out with a decent polishing machine such as a pc, udm or megs machine.

You could have this done professionally or try and find another member who lives near you and has a polisher.