PDA

View Full Version : Sticky sweet on carpet

Aga
7th May 2008, 07:20
I have just discovered a melted hardened sticky sweet embedded in the carpet of my ZT. It was covered by the mat, so I had not noticed it before. Any suggestions?

GERFIX
7th May 2008, 07:28
I have just discovered a melted hardened sticky sweet embedded in the carpet of my ZT. It was covered by the mat, so I had not noticed it before. Any suggestions?
Yes, don't eat it!;)

Seriously though, what about hot water to soften it and get as much off as you can using a cloth and then use a foam cleaner or similar and a stiff brush to clean the residue?

Our valeting guys may have a more professional solution mind you!http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

GERFIX
7th May 2008, 08:31
Another thought - what about one of those cheap little steam cleaners? I'm sure you can pick them up for around £15-£20.

Jules
7th May 2008, 08:35
Or a "wet" type hoover will slowly dissolve it;)

Ken
7th May 2008, 13:23
Ice cubes gets chewing gum off carpets so that may help

TimO
7th May 2008, 19:29
I've had a similar problem and found that Autoglym interior shampoo cleaned it up a treat. Just do what it says on the bottle.

Cheers

Tim

peelaaa
7th May 2008, 20:24
I recently had to remove a dried up orange juice stain from the cloth seat of a saab 900. I used bathroom mouse from lidl's and it cleaned up no problem.

AURORA MG
7th May 2008, 23:26
I've had a similar problem and found that Autoglym interior shampoo cleaned it up a treat. Just do what it says on the bottle.

Cheers

Tim

As above & use a brush similar to a dish brush & dry with a leather!