PDA

View Full Version : 53rd Halfway House meet 2015

FLYING BANANA
21st December 2014, 19:39
SUNDAY 18th January will be our 53rd meet at The Halfway House.
Noon till late.

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around four years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet, there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend, it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area, serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.
After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park.

The Administrators of the MGRSE are Alan Hodgson - Rover BRM,
Paul Woodham-Trophy Blue ZT,
Dave Beale- no car at the moment.
Bob Burgess in either Sunspot Yellow ZT or a Firefrost ZT.

These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT RUBBISH IN THE BINS PROVIDED OR TAKE HOME WITH YOU PLEASE.

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS
The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden - Wheelchair Access - Disabled Toilet - Baby Changing Facility - Outdoor Children's Play Area - Car Parking for 100+ Cars - Debit & Credit Cards Accepted - Great Hot Food - Good Selection of Beers, Wine and Spirits.
Also on site is a Little Chef and a Travelodge Hotel.

MG-Rover South East can be found on Facebook.

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are:::::::::::

Alan - Rover BRM
John C. - Rover 220 Tom Cat
BeeJay - Rover 75
Woof25 Rover 75 Duo Tone
Becky - Rover 75 ex-directors car
David75 - Rover 75
AlanJay - Rover 75 in much sought after Moonstone. Maybe not confirmed.
Dave W. MG ZTT
Paul - MG ZT
Bob - MG ZT "Banana"
PeterZS - MG ZS Trophy Yellow
Daytona 365 - MG ZS Trophy Yellow
Dave S. - MG ZS Trophy Yellow
ZiggyZS - MG ZS.
Chris - MG ZR Sunspot Yellow
Jamie - MG ZR
Diego - MG ZR Express
Lauren - MG ZR
Eamonn - MG TF.
AuroaMG - Ford Fiesta ST. Molten Orange is the colour.

PLUS About 20 from the Facebook page.

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical Rover 75/ MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

Pistonbroke666
12th January 2015, 13:05
Have a good meet guys - I'm out in the other Rover Sunday, smashing into, across and up England's green and pleasant land :p

FLYING BANANA
12th January 2015, 15:08
Ahhh!!! The 4 wheeled kind. Have fun.

Pistonbroke666
12th January 2015, 15:54
Ahhh!!! The 4 wheeled kind. Have fun.

It's always an exhilarating and terrifying experience.
Enjoy the meet!

FLYING BANANA
12th January 2015, 16:12
It's always an exhilarating and terrifying experience.
Enjoy the meet!
Oh! I wouldn't say that about the Halfway House. We do have a laugh occasionally.

Enjoy the day.

beejay
12th January 2015, 16:13
Will give the white one a run Bob, depending on weather.

Woof25
12th January 2015, 16:35
include us bob please

FLYING BANANA
12th January 2015, 17:45
Will give the white one a run Bob, depending on weather.
Ok Barry have a safe journey down.

FLYING BANANA
12th January 2015, 17:45
include us bob pleaseok Woof. Be nice to see you again.

david75
12th January 2015, 20:28
And me....

Pistonbroke666
13th January 2015, 09:50
Woof25 - did I talk to you at the last meet? You weren't the gent that showed me his sat nav and I commented on how comfy the 75 seats were?

FLYING BANANA
13th January 2015, 10:23
Woof25 - did I talk to you at the last meet? You weren't the gent that showed me his sat nav and I commented on how comfy the 75 seats were?
Woof or Mike's car is the Duo tone 75.

Pistonbroke666
13th January 2015, 12:26
Woof or Mike's car is the Duo tone 75.

It was indeed a duo-tone.
I may be wrong on colours but I believe it was a silver bottom with perhaps a dark blue on top...

Moral of the story is that he seemed like a good guy and it was great to see the sat nav in action. It's a mod I've considered but I've currently got a row of gauges in the way.

beejay
13th January 2015, 12:41
Anybody in attendance be able to fiddle with air bag switch under seat, tired of looking at it on the dash?

FLYING BANANA
14th January 2015, 19:48
Anybody in attendance be able to fiddle with air bag switch under seat, tired of looking at it on the dash?

Speak to either Paul Woodham or Dave Beale they maybe able to help.

FLYING BANANA
14th January 2015, 19:49
Looks as if are going to have a Yellow MG Rover turn out at the HH this weekend. 5 cars so far.

FLYING BANANA
17th January 2015, 19:54
I came to this for the first time in October (50th). I intend to be viewing a MK1 MG Metro Turbo not far from Brentwood tomorrow so may pop in.
As all my MG's are on Sorn presently I will most likely be in my Molten Orange Ford Fiesta ST2 (A4 ***) so please don't swear at me.

A Ford? No problem, all are always welcome. Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow.

beejay
18th January 2015, 07:23
Sorry Bob, will not be coming down today, other problem has come up. Airbag light has been resolved, had to move seat back and low and behold, light out.
Have a good day.

FLYING BANANA
18th January 2015, 07:38
Sorry Bob, will not be coming down today, other problem has come up. Airbag light has been resolved, had to move seat back and low and behold, light out.
Have a good day.
Not to worry Barry. Meet up another time. Glad you got the air bag light sorted.

AndyBasildon
18th January 2015, 16:22
Afternoon peoples
popped along to the Halfway house today.
(MGTF With the union Jack roof)
warra nice bunch or people..
look forward to the next time
Andy

FLYING BANANA
18th January 2015, 17:29
Afternoon peoples
popped along to the Halfway house today.
(MGTF With the union Jack roof)
warra nice bunch or people..
look forward to the next time
Andy
Nice to see you and a lovely looking car.

A couple of surprises in the form of a 340 BHP MG ZR with Nitro.
And a 1972 Ford Capri, in Yellow, was a 1600 GXL. Now has a 408 cu in Chevy V8.
Along with a Ford ST and a Vauxhall Astra they made up the 43 car turn out. The Yellow car turn out sadly did not happen. The car park was so jammed packed that by time it cleared most of the cars had left.

:bowdown::bowdown:Car of the month went to David75 with his immaculate Rover 75.:bowdown::bowdown:

I'll post up some pictures tomorrow.

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2015, 12:24
Few pictures from the 52nd meet

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2015, 12:28
43 cars made the meet.

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2015, 12:32
We had a wide choice of cars attending.

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2015, 12:36
The Yellow car line up sadly never happened.

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2015, 12:40
I've posted ALL the photo's over on Facebook.

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2015, 12:42
Car Of The Month Award went to David Adlington's immaculate Rover 75.

RPWC
19th January 2015, 15:15
I will come again later in the year Bob,perhaps August or September will let you know,see if Bob and others fancy it again too.

AndyBasildon
20th January 2015, 17:21
Excellent photos.
Twas a good day and like myself one or two newbies to meets.
Hopefully will get to a few more and summertime with the hard top tucked away in the garage and the soft top down.
Andy