PDA

View Full Version : Lincolnshire/Norfolk Meets 2015

MrDoodles
31st December 2014, 08:12
Well following on from the success of last years meets, I've made the decision to stick with the same format and location and have decided on the following dates for this years Meets. ;)

I'm going for the last Sunday of the month and a bi-monthly Meeting, so the dates will be as follows;

April 26th

June 28th

August 30th

and

October 25th

I'm sure that the dates won't suit everyone and no doubt they'll clash with some Meeting elsewhere in the Country, but I'd like this to become a popular Meet and would like it to grow if possible.! ;)

I'm going to stick with the Dragonfly Hotel at Kings Lynn for now, which I realise won't suit everyone, but as I'm covering two massive Counties, this is as close to the middle of both as I can get! ;)

http://www.dragonflykingslynn.co.uk/

Hope to see as many of you there as possible! :)

EVENT DISCLAIMER
Please be aware these are not official Rover 75/MG ZT Owners Club meets and as such are not covered by the Club's liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meets in anyway.

coolcat
31st December 2014, 10:06
Hope to see you in the New Year Mark :)

klarzy
31st December 2014, 10:12
will try to make each one bud....

thanks for doing these again......

just make sure the hotel knows about it this time....;)

Snetty
31st December 2014, 10:28
just make sure the hotel knows about it this time....;)[/QUOTE]

Meeeooooowwww:D

Georgies Dad
31st December 2014, 11:42
A fish n chip wagon in attendance would be nice

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2885/9314839474_7c9f719eb3_z.jpg (http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2QX76NUCgoAfUZLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBtdXBkbHJ yBHNlYwNmcC1hdHRyaWIEc2xrA3J1cmw-/RV=2/RE=1420058519/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.flickr.com%2fphotos%2f45676495 %40N05%2f9314839474%2fin%2fset-72157624230990196/RK=0/RS=sKfbtJRIGQGtsKXf9px0OAxYklE-)

Georgies Dad
31st December 2014, 11:43
Or a new outlet for Stu

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5042/5360359694_8eef339aa7_z.jpg (http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Az_6xdmZ76NUA0cAYg9WBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBtaTBhcHJ nBHNlYwNmcC1pbWcEc2xrA2ltZwRpdAM-/RV=2/RE=1420058650/RO=11/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.flickr.com%2fphotos%2fkathypri nts%2f5360359694%2f/RK=0/RS=xNofLZIJiPsAQ0QpQ1Qass16kKs-)

Complete with Graffiti

MrDoodles
31st December 2014, 12:16
A fish n chip wagon in attendance would be nice

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2885/9314839474_7c9f719eb3_z.jpg (http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2QX76NUCgoAfUZLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBtdXBkbHJ yBHNlYwNmcC1hdHRyaWIEc2xrA3J1cmw-/RV=2/RE=1420058519/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.flickr.com%2fphotos%2f45676495 %40N05%2f9314839474%2fin%2fset-72157624230990196/RK=0/RS=sKfbtJRIGQGtsKXf9px0OAxYklE-)

If there's enough interest, the hotel will arrange to have chef there for proper hot meals, but they do of course need a guarantee of numbers!

Colmar
3rd January 2015, 18:20
Hi Mark and Happy New Year,
Your Kings Lynn meets are exactly what any car club's members need, in my opinion. The location is great and if the numbers are maintained I think the Hotel should be encouraged to provide a more adventurous menu. As a new member (August 2014) I am impressed by the enthusiasm of the Lincolnshire and Norfolk members, so lets exploit this and arrange more meetings in both counties ! For example the R.A.F. airfields in Lincolnshire and the lovely North Norfolk villages.
Incidentally I was so impressed by your "dent man's" visit to the first meeting I attended at Kings Lynn, I arranged for him to visit me in Thetford and sort out some dents in my M.G.B. and Rover 75. Well done Ian !!!

Weso
3rd January 2015, 20:35
Can I just say I have been to every King's Lynn meet thus far, from the very early days with just a few cars and not much going on to the successes of the last few meets. It really is about meeting people which is the icing on the cake with regard to belonging to a forum like this.

We had a T4 or 2 at the majority of the meets last year and this is a real draw to many. Klarzy with his dials and other bits and pieces, Coolcat a recent convert to KL meets and the man for fitting double dins and related stuff. Likely the Paintless Dent man Iain will likely come along again if the interest is there. Believe he might be offering a few more services this year, mainly valeting related I believe.

Yes the catering is not the best, but on the warmer meets there is so much going on that I tend to miss lunch and take everything in atmosphere wise.

At the last meet of last year spoke to several folk experienced in going to meets elsewhere who said KL hits the spot as the perfect mix of socializing and doing stuff.

Looking forward to the meets again and I don't have a 75/ZT anymore!:D
Hoping to bring the ZR or TF both of which would benefit from a T4 at some point. :}

coolcat
3rd January 2015, 21:13
Can I just say I have been to every King's Lynn meet thus far, from the very early days with just a few cars and not much going on to the successes of the last few meets. It really is about meeting people which is the icing on the cake with regard to belonging to a forum like this.

We had a T4 or 2 at the majority of the meets last year and this is a real draw to many. Klarzy with his dials and other bits and pieces, Coolcat a recent convert to KL meets and the man for fitting double dins and related stuff. Likely the Paintless Dent man Iain will likely come along again if the interest is there. Believe he might be offering a few more services this year, mainly valeting related I believe.

Yes the catering is not the best, but on the warmer meets there is so much going on that I tend to miss lunch and take everything in atmosphere wise.

At the last meet of last year spoke to several folk experienced in going to meets elsewhere who said KL hits the spot as the perfect mix of socializing and doing stuff.

Looking forward to the meets again and I don't have a 75/ZT anymore!:D
Hoping to bring the ZR or TF both of which would benefit from a T4 at some point. :}

Apart from the catering .....or lack of :eek:
I thought the meet was great and enjoyed it immensely, I shall look forward to seeing you all again in April:bowdown:

MrDoodles
3rd January 2015, 21:34
Apart from the catering .....or lack of :eek:
I thought the meet was great and enjoyed it immensely, I shall look forward to seeing you all again in April:bowdown:

As mentioned earlier, the Hotel will do hot proper meals for us but they do need a guarantee of numbers! :(

Gino
3rd January 2015, 21:45
I have every intention of attending some meets this year. I only became a member Sept/Oct last year and went to the last meet of the year. I thought it was a good day with plenty of activities to keep people interested.

klarzy
3rd January 2015, 22:04
working on cars till 2:30 to go in and be told no bacon butties after 2.....:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Georgies Dad
4th January 2015, 05:44
Perhaps a pre order menu to be made available,we could order in advance,then have a set time and we all go in and have a meal together,now that sound good.

Over to you Mark

coolcat
4th January 2015, 06:08
Well count me in for food at the next meet........:drool4::D

MrDoodles
4th January 2015, 08:48
Perhaps a pre order menu to be made available,we could order in advance,then have a set time and we all go in and have a meal together,now that sound good.

Over to you Mark

Excellent idea!

I'll have a word with them and see what we can sort out!

MrDoodles
19th January 2015, 21:40
Just to give everyone an up-date, I popped into the Hotel this afternoon, after having an appointment with a customer in Kings Lynn and apparently the events organiser has changed, but I did leave all my details and I am promised a phone call from the new lady in the next couple of days, so will report back once I hear from them! :}

peter.goodson
24th January 2015, 16:52
Hi

Please put me and my wife down for this meet, we will be eating if food is available.

Many thanks

Peter

scottcamb
27th January 2015, 18:46
if i get my hands on a zt i would be up to coming to a few meets:cool:

coolcat
27th January 2015, 18:55
If there's enough interest, the hotel will arrange to have chef there for proper hot meals, but they do of course need a guarantee of numbers!

I'll be eating Mark.......no surprise there though;):D

MrDoodles
27th January 2015, 18:58
I'll be eating Mark.......no surprise there though;):D

Thanks for the nudge Jeff, just realised that I haven't heard back from them, so will chase it up tomorrow!

crown
8th February 2015, 15:57
hi mark,
any update yet regarding the first meet in april?

mark.

freddie
8th February 2015, 16:27
hi mark,
any update yet regarding the first meet in april?

mark.

Yes its in April:D

klarzy
8th February 2015, 16:37
Yes its in April:D

and it is going to be in Lincolnshire or Norfolk....

suffolk boy
8th February 2015, 16:40
60 miles away or 120 i wonder which one to go for:}

klarzy
8th February 2015, 16:41
60 miles away or 120 i wonder which one to go for:}

depends on how much you enjoy your driving :D

freddie
8th February 2015, 16:57
And its on a Sunday Mark:D

freddie
8th February 2015, 16:57
The 26 th:D

klarzy
8th February 2015, 16:58
The bacon butties are good, and you can get coffee or a pint...
(please do not drink and drive)..

klarzy
8th February 2015, 16:59
oh yes, and the sun will be up all day until dark...

maxi_crawf
19th February 2015, 14:49
Will the "dent man" be coming to the meets?

Trikey and I are planning on coming to one of the meets if we can both book in on the same day.

Would be nice to go a bit further afield to meet some more members :D

Snetty
19th February 2015, 15:26

Trikey and I are planning on coming to one of the meets if we can both book in on the same day.

I believe it his intention to continue coming to the kings lynn meets as there is some unfinished work on mine:D.
Last year it was first come first served and it worked well I don't recall anyone being disapointed.
Look forward to seeing you there

Weso
19th February 2015, 21:33

I have just set up a new post for 1st King's Lynn meet of 2015. And yes hopeful I can get Iain (dentman) along but yet to be confirmed!
Just did the post to get things underway and gauge interest. Sure Mrdoodles:bowdown: will be along to update us nearer the time to confirm catering and other stuff

Mark (Weso)