PDA

View Full Version : Any exhaust recommendations for cdti zt?

Departed 32016
9th January 2015, 09:23
The cars currently got a 75 backbox, it's too short end don't think its attached correctly as it vibrates like crazy on idle. It is the exhaust as pushing it lightly stops the vibration, anyway the fact is-it's too short.

Can anyone recommend one. I see eBay do the Hoffman for £98 but see someone bought it and said they too was too short. They do have a touring one got same price, wish I presume may be longer and thus the correct fit.

There's also a post of someone buying a cheap £58 backbox cutting the ends off send fitting pipe twins to make it the correct length through the cutouts on the bumper.

I don't want a stainless one- I don't want to spend more than £100, as thete ate other things to do...

Lotaskin
9th January 2015, 10:50
The cars currently got a 75 backbox, it's too short end don't think its attached correctly as it vibrates like crazy on idle. It is the exhaust as pushing it lightly stops the vibration, anyway the fact is-it's too short.

Can anyone recommend one. I see eBay do the Hoffman for £98 but see someone bought it and said they too was too short. They do have a touring one got same price, wish I presume may be longer and thus the correct fit.

There's also a post of someone buying a cheap £58 backbox cutting the ends off send fitting pipe twins to make it the correct length through the cutouts on the bumper.

I don't want a stainless one- I don't want to spend more than £100, as thete ate other things to do...
I also bought the Hoffman for my tourer ZTT not only is it too short you get an awful drone from it. I also had problems with vibration. It's not heavy enough. I improved it by fitting shorter hanging rubbers to the down pipe/cat section. Be careful with the hangers on the Hoffman box the welds easily fail.

Departed 32016
9th January 2015, 14:52
I also bought the Hoffman for my tourer ZTT not only is it too short you get an awful drone from it. I also had problems with vibration. It's not heavy enough. I improved it by fitting shorter hanging rubbers to the down pipe/cat section. Be careful with the hangers on the Hoffman box the welds easily fail.

Ok so no Hoffman. I do get a drone from the current one...

Mike Noc
9th January 2015, 15:05
I recently fitted a Klarius back box to my saloon and it's nice and quiet. Got it from ECP for around £65.00. :D

Departed 32016
9th January 2015, 15:18
I recently fitted a Klarius back box to my saloon and it's nice and quiet. Got it from ECP for around £65.00. :D

That's the only issue, the 75 exhaust is too short...

rOMAN007
12th January 2015, 20:15
hi
can i use exhaust Klarius (RR334D) for CDTi? (on web side write only CDT (85kw))

thx

Departed 32016
12th January 2015, 20:26
hi
can i use exhaust Klarius (RR334D) for CDTi? (on web side write only CDT (85kw))

thx

Yes if it is a rover 75 the Klarius is too short and bangs off the chassis and anti roll bar

clf
12th January 2015, 21:56

If the tail pipes are straight, the drone will likely be caused by the the pipe being too short and resonating behind the bumper. I have read another member sorting this by extending the pipes to exit beyond the bumper. A cheap way to test this, would be to fit some EDIT: SHORT ;) rubber tubing onto the pipes to direct the exhaust to either the ground or beyond the bumper.

If they are turned down (as they should be for a 75), then the drone and vibration are both being caused by the silencer touching the underside of the car. There is a vertical heat shield between the bumper side and the silencer. I have seen a number of after market rear boxes badly fitted, and not central to the heat shield. I would suggest a slightly shorter exhaust hanger for one side and some good fitting tail pipes. (If you do fit tail pipes, put some exhaust paste around the box pipes, to prevent future rattles)

marinabrian
13th January 2015, 00:33
If the tail pipes are straight, the drone will likely be caused by the the pipe being too short and resonating behind the bumper. I have read another member sorting this by extending the pipes to exit beyond the bumper. A cheap way to test this, would be to fit some rubber tubing onto the pipes to direct the exhaust to either the ground or beyond the bumper.

If they are turned down (as they should be for a 75), then the drone and vibration are both being caused by the silencer touching the underside of the car. There is a vertical heat shield between the bumper side and the silencer. I have seen a number of after market rear boxes badly fitted, and not central to the heat shield. I would suggest a slightly shorter exhaust hanger for one side and some good fitting tail pipes. (If you do fit tail pipes, put some exhaust paste around the box pipes, to prevent future rattles)

http://i50.tinypic.com/jsikom.jpg

On that note I'm off to bed, up in an hour though to answer non starting ZS issues :eek::getmecoat:

Brian :bed:

Departed 32016
19th January 2015, 16:06
If the tail pipes are straight, the drone will likely be caused by the the pipe being too short and resonating behind the bumper. I have read another member sorting this by extending the pipes to exit beyond the bumper. A cheap way to test this, would be to fit some EDIT: SHORT ;) rubber tubing onto the pipes to direct the exhaust to either the ground or beyond the bumper.

The rattle is the anti roll bar and chassis hitting of the pipes

pab
19th January 2015, 17:35
Stainless steel is the best option, not as expensive as you may think..

MrDoodles
19th January 2015, 21:36
How about one of these? :shrug:

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-WCG102831SLPP

Departed 32016
10th February 2015, 23:49
How about one of these? :shrug:

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-WCG102831SLPP

The thing is it's just a cheap pattern part similar to the £60 ones.... Any other recommendations. I'm not spending £300...