PDA

View Full Version : T4 and Social Meeting Saturday 14 th March RTYC Broughty Ferry by Dundee

Astraeus
10th January 2015, 15:08
KLKoIIPlease be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way

Hi folks

We are arranging a T4 ( courtesy of marinabrian & Doopydug) and Social Meeting to be held at Royal Tay Yacht Club, Broughty Ferry, by Dundee, on Saturday 14th March from Noon until 10pm. Feel free to come for however long you can manage

Details on the yacht club -

http://www.royaltay.org/social/bars-restaurant/

We will have exclusive use of downstairs ( now moved to main lounge/ function room due to anticipated numbers) bar all day (drinks served 12-2pm & 7pm -10.30)

Accompanied children are allowed within the club

75 & ZT Owner's Club Members from outwith Scotland would be made especially welcome
Some members from Facebook community are attending too.

Google Earth
If you type in DD5 1LU you will see the large beach car park.
If you type in Royal Tay Yacht Club, Dundee it will show aerial view of the club house.

Planned Format to be

9.00 am
Main private beach car park open from 9.00 for early risers! Postcode DD5 1LU *There are two Ogilvie Roads in Dundee, this is the correct one.
This car park is at the bottom of Ogilvie Road overlooking railway and yacht club dinghy park. The main clubhouse car park will be only for those getting T4 session done. There is parking outside the RTYC clubhouse available on the main road outside or street across road. This preferrable as a wide road , parking both sides and off main road.

12 noon - 2 pm.
Bar Lunches available in clubhouse ( food is very good and reasonable ) these will need to be pre booked. Post code DD5 1LX

2 pm - 5.30pm
T4 Sessions courtesy of Marinabrian & Doopydug (:bowdown:) so members can have fault histories read and dealer options enabled. Opportunity to have a blether inside or in grounds of clubhouse

5.30- 7.00 pm
Chance to catch up. Excellent Fish and Chip shop a couple of miles away, quite a few pubs offering snacks/ meals including a Witherspoons ( if you like ..) depending on numbers snacks could be arranged in clubhouse.

7.00- 10.00 pm approxo
Social evening. Exclusive use of main bar for us.
Live music ( well I like to think we play music) Chris & John & guests (& iPod!)
Fun 'pub quiz'
Raffle

To satisfy Licensing Law -names and address of those attending need to be confirmed 14 days before event as you will be made temporary members of the club

In the meantime can you please let us know if you think you will be attending. So we can get an idea of numbers.

Hope we can have another successful event.

Chris

For anyone looking to stay over. 3 travelodges ( all 3 are refurbished type ..much better) are within 7 miles of the clubhouse as well as a few B&Bs in Broughty Ferry. A

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/index.php?action=search&check_from=&locationCode=&location=Dd54lg&location_code=&checkInDate=14%2F03%2F2015&checkOutDate=15%2F03%2F2015&no_of_rooms=1&adults_1=2&children_1=0&adults_2=1&children_2=0&adults_3=1&children_3=0&adults_4=1&children_4=0&adults_5=1&children_5=0&adults_6=1&children_6=0&adults_7=1&children_7=0&adults_8=1&children_8=0&adults_9=1&children_9=0&search=Find+rooms

Premier Inn
http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/DUNPTI/dundee-north

http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/DUNGOU/dundee-west

If staying overnight and you have not already visited Discovery Point, home of Captain Scott's Ship RRS Discovery. Excellent visitor centre and access to the ship.
http://www.rrsdiscovery.com/index.php?pageID=129
If we go as a group we can get discounted admission. We can sort this out nearer time.

Astraeus
10th January 2015, 15:36
USo far

Provisional list. **IF I MISS ANYONE LET ME KNOW PLEASE....(old age! �� )

Astraeus (& Mrs Astraeus). Chris and Wendy Roy Chris all day- Wendy evening only
Joan and Ian
John & Kate
Doopydug + T4 Machine
Tam
Marinabrian - And ....the magic wand (T 4 machine for those who have not been ' wanded')
Flying Banana
Flyer & Mrs Flyer
Thomas?
Simondi
Pab ?
Mayzie12
Murphy 310
Scomich
Coups
Fraz59
Parahandy
Freelancer
Graham1961
Cossie Dunc - Expert on repairs, servicing and reclaimed parts
Kieranswood
Munroman (evening only)
AldoR
Ian k. (T4 - Brian)
Brigus -(T4)
Alan G and an MG3! ( Poetry!)
DMGRS -Chance to see his products too
Keithyboy
Sumdge 252
Stevestrat
75Tourer
MGStephen
Gramps
Placebo
Jupiter
FrazzleTC
Cahill17
Bigblue75
Mastiff2
Joiner Jim
The Flying Ox
DanBGT
BKonigs
BigGT
Les4048
Juego
Woodsie

Tam
10th January 2015, 16:01
Should imagine I can make it. Have you invited Lovel ? He did a sterling job at Scone and can do diesel 160 upgrade and sort out keys .:}

Astraeus
10th January 2015, 16:49
Should imagine I can make it. Have you invited Lovel ? He did a sterling job at Scone and can do diesel 160 upgrade and sort out keys .:}

Yes, Gary has of course been invited.

Chris

marinabrian
10th January 2015, 17:35
It would be churlish of me not to bring along my little mate who was born in Dundee.

Better stick me down as attending ;)

Brian :D

Astraeus
10th January 2015, 18:14
It would be churlish of me not to bring along my little mate who was born in Dundee.

Better stick me down as attending ;)

That's great.....rats....will have to buy that drink....:getmecoat:

Seriously, that is great. I will arrange a vist from the 6 foot Dennis the Menace!

:bowdown:

As a footnote....the D C Thomson print works now has a huge Dennis the Menace wall cartoon. A recent addition and must be 40 feet high. Surely a photo opportunity.

Chris

FLYING BANANA
10th January 2015, 19:07
Both my ZT's need there MOT's in March but I'll try and make it way up North, and have week's holiday as well. So can you put me down as a maybee .

FLYER
10th January 2015, 19:43
deffo for FLYER and Mrs FLYER.:D

Prob stay over .:D

Astraeus
10th January 2015, 20:06
deffo for FLYER and Mrs FLYER.:D

Prob stay over .:D

Rooms at travelodge for £30 just now

Big selection of hotels in Dundee and quite a few B&Bs in Broughty Ferry and a few hotels. All within a few miles.
Sure there will be cars available to ferry you to your chosen lodgings!

Chris

Thomas
10th January 2015, 20:56
May come along depending on how finances/wife are

Simondi
10th January 2015, 22:44
This sounds great, put me down:}

Mayzie12
11th January 2015, 01:27
Sounds excellent to me. Will be there, should manage to either get the afternoon or night off work, maybe both if lucky!

garrycairns
11th January 2015, 07:45
Thanks for the invite, I shall need to leave it closer to the event time before I could give a definite reply.

pab
11th January 2015, 08:10
I would love a trip over the border. I'll see if I'm free nearer the time. :}

Coups
11th January 2015, 08:31
Great idea! I'm 20 min away, need to check work shifts but I'm sure I'll be around at some point😊. Need to source that diesel before then.......

murphyv310
11th January 2015, 08:56
Hi.
Put me down too most likely will be in the 75 as I doubt ill have the ZT ready by then. I may bring the missus but will confirm later. I WILL bring the T4 though.

fraz59
11th January 2015, 09:57
I may be able to attend at some point through the day, will need to wit till nearer the time to confirm though

Scomich
11th January 2015, 10:49
Is there any caravan parks in the vicinity of the meet might just come up make a weekend of it ? Cheers

fraz59
11th January 2015, 11:07
Is there any caravan parks in the vicinity of the meet might just come up make a weekend of it ? Cheers

quite a few, the ones close to the meet I would say are

Tayview caravan park and riverside

http://www.tayview.info/

http://www.riverview.co.uk/

few others a bit further away

Tam
11th January 2015, 11:18

Nice one beside me a Roundyhill near Kirriemuir about 20 minutes from Broughty Ferry :}

freelancer
11th January 2015, 18:01
Sounds great and thanks for invite. Will try a keep date free. Not definite but a definite maybe!! :}

Departed 32016
11th January 2015, 21:24
I'll take a Saturday off work and be there

Ian K
12th January 2015, 19:57
Sounds good.. can you add me and Marion to the list.
Be good to meet everyone.
Ian

AldoR
12th January 2015, 20:26
Put myself and Alison down for this one probably stay over night :}

Departed 32016
12th January 2015, 20:28
Put myself and Alison down for this one probably stay over night :}

Ah I wondered if you were still around! I see you have Still got the v8, I remember your original one before you got the Audi. The first one I ever seen...

Brigus
13th January 2015, 01:36
Sounds great! I'll try my best to be there, but better put me down as a maybe until I can confirm my schedule for March.

Cheers,

Alan_G
13th January 2015, 10:32
Its my long weekend, so I will bring the MG3 up for members to peruse. Will see if Mrs G fancies it too.

Astraeus
13th January 2015, 10:40
Its my long weekend, so I will bring the MG3 up for members to peruse. Will see if Mrs G fancies it too.

That is great Alan. Will set up disabled access :D

Seriously, I hope your foot on mend. These footie injuries are often more painful a few days later. Ouch!

Remember and pack the guitar!

Chris

Alan_G
13th January 2015, 10:51
That is great Alan. Will set up disabled access :D

Seriously, I hope your foot on mend. These footie injuries are often more painful a few days later. Ouch!

Remember and pack the guitar!

Chris
Ite definitely more than painful today! Doctor said 4-5 weeks until full recovery so should be able to walk/drive by then.

Will pack the guitar too ;)

Astraeus
13th January 2015, 11:18
Ite definitely more than painful today! Doctor said 4-5 weeks until full recovery so should be able to walk/drive by then.

Will pack the guitar too ;)

Let us know a few songs and what chords/key and we will play with you....err....
Your guitar that is. :eek:

I think you will find it will be much better in about 14 days. Trick is not to overdo it!

Chris

clarky81
13th January 2015, 18:30
Thanks for the invite Chris but unfortunately the U17's play on Saturday afternoons, which scuppers any chances of making it down to Tayside. Hope the weathers good and you have a great time.

FLYING BANANA
14th January 2015, 11:42
Both my ZT's need there MOT's in March but I'll try and make it way up North, and have week's holiday as well. So can you put me down as a maybee .

The Flying Banana's MOT is all booked and so is the hotel. I've booked the Premier Lodge. I intend to drive up on the 12th and travel home on the 17th.

FLYER
14th January 2015, 11:45
The Flying Banana's MOT is all booked and so is the hotel. I've booked the Premier Lodge. I intend to drive up on the 12th and travel home on the 17th.

Great stuff Bob.:D

Astraeus
14th January 2015, 13:26

Well folks, worth attending just to see the 'Flying Banana.' I have seen it and it is a unique car.

Looking forward to seeing you Bob

Chris

DMGRS
15th January 2015, 12:57
I'll need to check the calendar, but I do fancy a trip to the Far North - I may well pop in. Leave it with me. :)

Astraeus
15th January 2015, 14:59
I'll need to check the calendar, but I do fancy a trip to the Far North - I may well pop in. Leave it with me. :)

That would be great if you could come Matt and bring some of your products with you. I am sure you would pay for your trip and get your name about

Accomodation like travelodges around here still fairly cheap on that date if you book now.

I am sure other folk attending would love to see you at the meet

Chris

keithybhoy
15th January 2015, 19:13
Ok im in lol. Will speak to the gaffer and see if i can stay over.

Pab do u want me to bring my kit if your going and il blue you out mate 😀😀

FLYING BANANA
15th January 2015, 19:39
Ok im in lol. Will speak to the gaffer and see if i can stay over.

Pab do u want me to bring my kit if your going and il blue you out mate ����
I may need your help on Banana.

keithybhoy
15th January 2015, 20:48
Pm me big guy and we can sort it out for you 😀😀

smudger252
16th January 2015, 17:53
Stick me down willya, Im not far away in douglas

Astraeus
17th January 2015, 14:51
Stick me down willya, Im not far away in douglas

Hi

There are some very interesting and noteworthy cars attending. Think we have nearly every model/mark represented including two ZT 260 V8s. Only thing I think is missing is a Rover 75 V8. Anyone...:shrug:

:drool4:

Chris

75tourer
18th January 2015, 17:27
Put my name down please. May bring the wife also. Will let you know nearer thr time

Astraeus
18th January 2015, 18:28
Put my name down please. May bring the wife also. Will let you know nearer thr time

Will do. It would be great to bring along your better half. I am sure we will have a grear evening too. The yacht club is really nice.

Chris

MGStephen
18th January 2015, 20:56
Me and gramps will be in attendance.

ZS in Aurora and the premium Firefrost 75.

doopydug
19th January 2015, 10:55
Me and gramps will be in attendance.

ZS in Aurora and the premium Firefrost 75.

Nice one Stephen - looking forward to that myself !

Jupiter
20th January 2015, 09:52
Please put me down for this meet. Can manage most of the day.

Jupiter.

keithybhoy
20th January 2015, 23:33
As Chris knows iv spoken to the members of the smgroc on facebook many are showing an interest in attending with a nice mix of cars so this should be a grand day out :) :)

Simondi
21st January 2015, 06:54
As Chris knows iv spoken to the members of the smgroc on facebook many are showing an interest in attending with a nice mix of cars so this should be a grand day out :) :)

Excellent job :D

shinie69
21st January 2015, 16:05
Looks like I'll be able to come up for a bit in the afternoon to make my first meet. I'll have ze vife and kids in tow too.

stevestrat
21st January 2015, 16:55
a grand day out :) :)What, Wallace And Grommit coming as well!

Coups
22nd January 2015, 01:02
Where are we going to put all the cars? The car park at RTYC is tiny! Guess we'll have to cosy in? Nice big wide road outside, guess I've just answered my own question:)

Astraeus
22nd January 2015, 09:53
Where are we going to put all the cars? The car park at RTYC is tiny! Guess we'll have to cosy in? Nice big wide road outside, guess I've just answered my own question:)

Ah, well you see the car park at club house will only be used for folk having T4 session or disabled members. There is a RTYC car park at the bottom of Ogilvie Road which is a short walk to front of clubhouse. There is also Fairfield Road directly across the main road which is a wide fairly long road. Where most of us park when attending functions. There is as you mention the main road but I would rather park off it.

:}

Chris

Coups
22nd January 2015, 09:58
Perfect. Sounds like its going to be a big meet! Please put me down as attending please. May only be me possibly plus one.

keithybhoy
22nd January 2015, 22:43
What, Wallace And Grommit coming as well!

pmsl :D :D

keithybhoy
22nd January 2015, 22:44
Whats the travelodge that most of us will be staying at, just so i can get a room sorted :) :)

parahandy
24th January 2015, 20:13
Whats the travelodge that most of us will be staying at, just so i can get a room sorted :) :)

Rae and I have booked the Premier Inn ,Dundee East £29. There's an Indian takeaway and a Domino's pizza place right across the road.

MASTIFF2
24th January 2015, 21:56
I'll come up with joiner Jim as well :)

The Flying Ox
27th January 2015, 09:14
Stick me down for this. The planets will have to align, the weather will have to behave, and I'll have to sell a kidney to get my shifts changed, but if I can make it I will.

Astraeus
28th January 2015, 20:10
hi all

As there are quite a few planning attending can you let me know if you are interested in having a T4 session please. Going to have to plan the time to ensure all are catered for. No immediate rush but preferably a few weeks before event.

Chris

Astraeus
31st January 2015, 05:16
hi all

As there are quite a few planning attending can you let me know if you are interested in having a T4 session please. Going to have to plan the time to ensure all are catered for. No immediate rush but preferably a few weeks before event.

Chris

There are a few minor tweaks to the information on post 1. Some extra information about how to find venue on Google Earth so you can have a look. Good views of the large beach car park and the clubhouse itself. The large car park will be open from 9.00 am for early arrivals for folk wishing a look at the cars. Some extra information about overnight accomodation which is still available at cheap rates.
Also a link to Discovery Point, home of Captain Scott's ship RRS Discovery. A very worthwhile exhibition and possible group visit on Sunday morning.

FLYER
31st January 2015, 21:18
That's us booked for the Saturday night in the Premier inn Broughty Ferry .

FLYING BANANA
31st January 2015, 21:21
That's us booked for the Saturday night in the Premier inn Broughty Ferry .
Same as me then. I'm there from the 12th to the 17th.

FLYER
31st January 2015, 21:54
Same as me then. I'm there from the 12th to the 17th.

Can't miss you then Bob ....:D.:p:

DanBGT
2nd February 2015, 18:38
Count me in guys. I will be there :)

Astraeus
2nd February 2015, 20:35
Count me in guys. I will be there :)

Good. I will add to list. Look forward to seeing you there.

Chris

Brigus
11th February 2015, 04:34
Happy to say I'm now a definite for this meet!

I'll be staying at the Premier Inn Dundee East on the Friday and Saturday.

I'd like a T4 session, and I'd also be up for a tour of the Discovery on Sunday (although not too early :D). Looking forward to the pub night too!

I've also been searching for a part if any of the traders attending happen to have it (rear inner waist door seal, right side, part number ELT100260). Please PM me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Scott

FLYER
11th February 2015, 22:03
Happy to say I'm now a definite for this meet!

I'll be staying at the Premier Inn Dundee East on the Friday and Saturday.

I'd like a T4 session, and I'd also be up for a tour of the Discovery on Sunday (although not too early :D). Looking forward to the pub night too!

I've also been searching for a part if any of the traders attending happen to have it (rear inner waist door seal, right side, part number ELT100260). Please PM me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Scottlove your avatar .

is that the scene where he says to his wife " see its ok he heard it on TV":D

Brigus
12th February 2015, 17:39
love your avatar .

is that the scene where he says to his wife " see its ok he heard it on TV":D

Cheers! Yeah, it's very close to when Jack says that line.

Some brilliant cinematography in that film. I think my favourite scenes are with Jack and Lloyd the bartender.

Astraeus
13th February 2015, 10:35
BKonigs from Fife added to our list.

Chris

AldoR
15th February 2015, 19:40
Alison and myself are now booked in at Premier Inn ,Dundee East £35 per night ;)

Big_GT
15th February 2015, 22:23
I'll be there in the ZT assuming all goes well on MOT day, failing that I'll still be there in the ZS

FLYER
15th February 2015, 22:37
I'll be there in the ZT assuming all goes well on MOT day, failing that I'll still be there in the ZSYou will be very welcome whatever mode of transport.:D

FLYER
15th February 2015, 22:39
Alison and myself are now booked in at Premier Inn ,Dundee East £35 per night ;)Excellent :D

Simondi
21st February 2015, 07:45
Hannah has just announced her band has a concert on the 14th and she needs transport:eek: hopefully we can get this sorted. :( I'll be gutted if I miss this meet

Woodsie
21st February 2015, 19:43
Hi Chris, I will be there all depending on the hernia op I am waiting on. Too much information I know. I'm loving the Dorchester Red V6 :drool4:, how much is the road tax mate??

Regards Rich

Astraeus
21st February 2015, 22:28
Hi Chris, I will be there all depending on the hernia op I am waiting on. Too much information I know. I'm loving the Dorchester Red V6 :drool4:, how much is the road tax mate??

Regards Rich

Hi mate

As it was first registered before 2001 it is before the robbing politicians uped the duty.
Current year is £230 for 12 months.... A bargain for a purring V6.....
You kniw you want one...:shrug:

And this one mechanically A1.

Chris

Les4048
22nd February 2015, 04:35
I'm planning to come along as it looks like I'm not working that weekend. PM sent to Christopher

FLYING BANANA
22nd February 2015, 07:21
I'm planning to come along as it looks like I'm not working that weekend. PM sent to Christopher
Be nice to meet you Les.

Les4048
22nd February 2015, 07:27
Be nice to meet you Les.

Well if you're there Bob that's as good a reason to make sure I go. Would love to meet you at last. We've been friends on Facebook for a long time

fraz59
22nd February 2015, 17:33
Thought I had changed my response ..anyway will be popping up, only an hour away from me

shinie69
23rd February 2015, 13:36
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it now.

I'll look out for any future meetings...

Cheers.

Astraeus
24th February 2015, 15:23
Hi all

Our event in March is getting closer! :drool4:

I have sent a group email to all who have indicated interest as we need some detalis. Please do not post them on here as it is too public.
Please send via Private Message on here.

If you have not got the message please let me know. There were a couple of names the group message wasn't wanting to accept. ( probably my typing!)

I am looking forward to this and hope to see as many as possible attend.

Chris

Alan_G
24th February 2015, 20:43
Hi all

Our event in March is getting closer! :drool4:

I have sent a group email to all who have indicated interest as we need some detalis. Please do not post them on here as it is too public.
Please send via Private Message on here.

If you have not got the message please let me know. There were a couple of names the group message wasn't wanting to accept. ( probably my typing!)

I am looking forward to this and hope to see as many as possible attend.

Chris

I haven't received anything Chris. To be honest, the rate my foot is healing I am unsure whether I will make it or not, as long as I am up for the drive I will be.

Astraeus
25th February 2015, 08:16
I haven't received anything Chris. To be honest, the rate my foot is healing I am unsure whether I will make it or not, as long as I am up for the drive I will be.

Hi Alan

You should have the message now. How frustrating for you with regard to your foot. When I broke my wrist I was in plaster for 8 months!!! Hopefully you will be considerably shorter than that!

Chris

Alan_G
25th February 2015, 08:33
Received this morning, thanks :)

sparky69ma
25th February 2015, 11:38
I may attend this.

marinabrian
25th February 2015, 15:06
I may attend this.

If you do, we can sort out your 116 quite nicely ;)

stevestrat
25th February 2015, 15:12
I'll be there with the V8 Brian but don't worry, not looking for a T4 :D Once Russ had battered it into submission he gave it a good once over.

sparky69ma
25th February 2015, 18:00
I will have the money there for some sort ov transformation marina Brian

FLYER
25th February 2015, 19:47
I will have the money there for some sort ov transformation marina Brian

Go for 160 bhp but go easy at first :D

sparky69ma
25th February 2015, 19:54
Is there any convoys heading up.i will flyer lol

Davy
25th February 2015, 20:22
Is it too late to put my name down for this Chris

Davy

Astraeus
26th February 2015, 08:41
Is it too late to put my name down for this Chris

Davy

No problem at all.

Need a bit of info via PM

Will send a copy

Astraeus
26th February 2015, 10:16
Hi all

Our raffle has got off to a great start.

prizes

1 £50 voucher donated by Cossie Dunc for his services :bowdown:

2 A set of custom dials by Klarzy ( see his shop ) :bowdown:

3 Two club mugs. :bowdown:

4 £50 voucher off Marinabrian Services. :bowdown:

It would be great if anyone can donate a prize. Anything even little funny items

Chris

FLYING BANANA
26th February 2015, 10:59
Hi all

prizes

3 Two club mugs

It would be great if anyone can donate a prize. Anything even little funny items

Chris

I'll have a rummage around and see what I can find.

FLYER
26th February 2015, 13:53
Hi all

prizes

3 Two club mugs

Chris
What about a romantic dinner with Helga .

Full body armour provided.:D

Astraeus
26th February 2015, 15:51
What about a romantic dinner with Helga .

Full body armour provided.:D

No good, Graham would buy all the tickets! :eek:

:D

Chris

Juego
26th February 2015, 20:48
Money will be tight but stuff it, stick me down for it! I'd like T4 session just to make sure the car is healthy :)

Astraeus
28th February 2015, 10:39
Hi

I am told that the Yacht Club will have the rugby on live (England. V Scotland) at
5pm on Saturday 14th.
So if you like the old..' Scrum!' :eek:

So....the rugby is no excuse not to come! ;)

Chris[/QUOTE]

Astraeus
28th February 2015, 10:51
Hi

I am told that the Yacht Club will have the rugby on live (England. V Scotland) at
5pm on Saturday 14th.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Alan_G
28th February 2015, 16:00
Just a quick note to anyone who is staying but haven't booked accommodation, the premier inns are now up to £60 and more!

I have booked into http://www.ashleyhousebroughtyferry.com/ For £42 if anyone else is looking for somewhere cheaper.

Its only 1.5 miles from the yacht club.

stevestrat
28th February 2015, 16:20
Hi

5pm on Saturday 14th.

ChrisWouldn't bother, it'll just be embarrassing as usual. Can't even beat the Italians :(

Astraeus
2nd March 2015, 20:13
Wouldn't bother, it'll just be embarrassing as usual. Can't even beat the Italians :(

Some pretty good stuff for raffle....any further donations greatly appreciated

1 £50 voucher for Cossie Duncs
2 Set of Klarzy's Dials
3 Two Club mugs
4 £50 Voucher off MarinaBrians services
5 Bottle of Bubbly
6 Framed MG Rover pictures
7 Dash Video Camera
8 Boot Tidy (new)
9 Clutch Slave Cylinder courtesy of Andy Willi ( does not include fitting but a good thing for you clutch bods! )
10 MGZT Pen courtesy of Simondi
11 Original MGZT brochures
12 Ladies MG Polo Shirt

FLYING BANANA
2nd March 2015, 20:55
I've got these pictures which have been professionally framed. Never got around to putting them up on the wall. Did try selling them on eBay. Be happy to bring them with me for your raffle.

Alan_G
2nd March 2015, 21:07
I will see if I can find anything of interest lying around for the raffle.

Astraeus
3rd March 2015, 07:16

Radioguy has kindly donated a dash camera to the raffle prizes

See prize post

Astraeus
3rd March 2015, 21:26

Pair of used football trainers...no longer required....:duh:

:getmecoat:

Chris

Alan_G
4th March 2015, 09:40
Pair of used football trainers...no longer required....:duh:

:getmecoat:

Chris
They were actually brand new that day, that was their first and last outing!

Anyway I found a boot tidy, brand new and unopened for the raffle.

Useful if you have a lot in your boot like me. I have one in mine. :)

murphyv310
4th March 2015, 20:38
Hi.
I'm afraid we have a big problem. Annes sister in law has been in hospital now for 10 days, she is seriously I'll and every day she is still with us is a bonus, she has suffered a second stroke, has renal failure and has heart problems. Annes brother and his wife have had an awful time since 2006 when their oldest son took his life totally out of the blue in his Mums house. Annes brother (David) is totally unable to cope so we are unable to make this meet. I've left it as latr as possible to let you know just incase there was good news.
Hope you all have a good day.

FLYING BANANA
4th March 2015, 20:44
Family always comes first. There is always another meet at another time.

marinabrian
4th March 2015, 21:20
Hi.
I'm afraid we have a big problem. Annes sister in law has been in hospital now for 10 days, she is seriously I'll and every day she is still with us is a bonus, she has suffered a second stroke, has renal failure and has heart problems. Annes brother and his wife have had an awful time since 2006 when their oldest son took his life totally out of the blue in his Mums house. Annes brother (David) is totally unable to cope so we are unable to make this meet. I've left it as latr as possible to let you know just incase there was good news.
Hope you all have a good day.

I'm sorry to hear that Trevor. I was looking forward to meeting up with you too :(

Pass on my best wishes please

Brian :}

FrazzleTC
5th March 2015, 18:04
Best wishes from me, and the family, Trevor! If you're in the area, at any point, you know where we are, so pop in for a cuppa.

Astraeus
7th March 2015, 09:15
Some pretty good stuff for raffle....any further donations greatly appreciated

1 £50 voucher for Cossie Duncs
2 Set of Klarzy's Dials
3 Two Club mugs
4 £50 Voucher off MarinaBrians services
5 Bottle of Bubbly
6 Framed MG Rover pictures
7 Dash Video Camera
8 Boot Tidy (new)

Hi all

Lunch
Just a quick reminder...lunch bookings and choices by Sunday night ( most I know about so far have booked)

Any other donations for raffle. ( proceeds of raffle to pay room hire and any excess to go to Tay Sail Training Charity)
Room hire is £80 so any donations in the form of raffle prizes or small cash donation to help pay for this would be welcome. I have to pay the hire fee.

Finally, anyone not already booked in for the event a late decision OK. I am sure we can get any last minute.coms ( :getmecoat: ) signed in as most folk registered.

I will post a few photos of the road to, and of the yacht clubs beach car park so folk can see where they are going. Directions to the venue and photo of road side of clubhouse to make spotting it easy. Sat navs are great but picture helps.
Numbers looking very :bowdown: healthy!

Chris

Les4048
7th March 2015, 12:45
That is me booked in to Great Western Woodlands, anyone else booked in there? Looking forward to meeting you all, I will have the Rover 75 Tourer with me this trip as 260 is still on SORN

Astraeus
7th March 2015, 18:37
That is me booked in to Great Western Woodlands, anyone else booked in there? Looking forward to meeting you all, I will have the Rover 75 Tourer with me this trip as 260 is still on SORN

Nice place the Woodlands. Got a health suite etc.

Loads of car parking on site.

Chris

Astraeus
8th March 2015, 11:43
Here is a photo of beach car park for meet. Will post more photos later.

Les4048
8th March 2015, 11:58
For us real idiots who can get lost in their own back yard can you maybe screen shot a Google map image showing location, pleeeeease

Astraeus
8th March 2015, 18:37
For us real idiots who can get lost in their own back yard can you maybe screen shot a Google map image showing location, pleeeeease

Right

Here is Beach car park for meet from Dundee Road A930 travelling East Club and Ogilvy Road on right hand side.
34 Dundee Road, Dundee DD5 1LX

Note there are two Ogilvy Roads in Dundee....one nowhere near here as this is technically West Ferry (Broughty Ferry)

If you use the above address for RTYC Clubhouse you cannot miss Ogilvy Road down to car park.

1 is Dundee Road DD5 1LX (A930) where Ogilvy Road comes off the main road to go to beach car park. Beside tree and brown flats. You will see a cul de sac sign.
2 is Ogilvy road going down to car park
3 Is bottom of Ogilvy Road-turn right to car park
4Is entrance to beach car park. Please do not park on the private road
5 is picture of large car park. Plenty room.

Astraeus
8th March 2015, 18:44
Here are pictures of where RTYC Club House is on main Road.
The internal car park is small and only for cars being given a T4 session
Ellislea Road is directly opposite (picture 2) and is a wide road with parking on both sides. Again plenty Room.(picture 3..note cool V6..:getmecoat: )
Last is photo from outside club to show how far from Ogilvy Road and Beach car Park to Club House. Not far but a steep walk up. Plenty room to take car and park across the road. You can see junction with Ogilvy Road down to car park beside big tree.

Astraeus
8th March 2015, 20:29
Google image attached

Chris

FLYER
8th March 2015, 20:56
Google image attached

Chris

Eventful day Chris ?????:p:

Astraeus
8th March 2015, 21:59
[QUOTE=FLYER;1942444]Eventful day Chris ?????:

Indeed....visit to Specsavers for a certain individual. Walked back to car with Paul Paton. Gutted! No wonder...

FLYER
8th March 2015, 22:03
[QUOTE=FLYER;1942444]Eventful day Chris ?????:

Indeed....visit to Specsavers for a certain individual. Walked back to car with Paul Paton. Gutted! No wonder...

Yeah just watched highlights .

OK back on thread .

Departed 32016
8th March 2015, 22:30
I've got a ladies genuine mg polo shirt large I think for the raffle?

FrazzleTC
9th March 2015, 22:34
Just coming up for the day, but looking forward to it! :)

Astraeus
10th March 2015, 23:11
Just coming up for the day, but looking forward to it! :)

Was down at the Yacht Club tonight finalising everything for Saturday. Power points for our T4 guys ( wouldn't want batteries running out now....) 4 spaces conned off in Main Club House Car Park...for our T4 guys and the cars being worked on only. Plenty space across the road. The clubhouse will be open from 11 am to give access to coffees & toilets ( one generally follows the other :eek:)

We will be using the main bar upstairs. Lunches etc there and in dining room and the rugby will be on screen between 5 and 7,then musiic, raffle and fun!

Weather forecast looks ok too. Not summer like but ok.

Roll on Saturday

Chris

Juego
10th March 2015, 23:13
Gonna be a good day. Will be good to meet everyone that's coming. Need to sort my cruise control again and give the car a check over on Friday night :-)

Astraeus
11th March 2015, 08:36
Gonna be a good day. Will be good to meet everyone that's coming. Need to sort my cruise control again and give the car a check over on Friday night :-)

Just a quick thought..... ( a lonely one. :duh: )

Please make sure you introduce yourselves remember some of us will not have met....

There are also some members from the Scottish MG Rovers Facebook ( no ...not that one!) who are attending. Let's make them very welcome too. Will also provude some different MG Rover cars. Variety is the spice of life..

Chris

DMGRS
11th March 2015, 19:35
Hello all,

I shall be in attendance as long as my ZT-T passes the MOT.
Has anyone any requests for parts? I'll bring the usual bits with me. :)

FLYER
12th March 2015, 07:22
Hello all,

Do you stock filters .

If so an air filter and 2 oil filters for my CDTI would be good.:D

Departed 32016
12th March 2015, 09:18
This who don't know me, I'll be there with my wife and Young son in this beast

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150222_123627_zps24qczptq.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150222_123642_zpsmdtksfnv.jpg

Freebyrd
12th March 2015, 09:28
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/11016550169dc3ec4c.jpg

I will be in this.

Astraeus
12th March 2015, 11:20
my daily 75

A fine piece of Moonstone...

DMGRS
12th March 2015, 17:53
Do you stock filters .

If so an air filter and 2 oil filters for my CDTI would be good.:D

I'll have plenty of filters, don't worry. :D

FLYER
12th March 2015, 17:59
I'll have plenty of filters, don't worry. :D

Excellent.:D

Brigus
12th March 2015, 18:34
Hello all,

Hi - do you have a rear inner waist door seal, right side (part number ELT100260)?

Brigus
12th March 2015, 18:43
This who don't know me, I'll be there with my wife and Young son in this beast
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150222_123642_zpsmdtksfnv.jpg
I like the look of those taillights on the black ZT. Where did they come from, out of curiosity?

FLYING BANANA
12th March 2015, 18:44
Think I'll be easy to spot but in case you're not sure then look for.........................

Departed 32016
12th March 2015, 19:37
I like the look of those taillights on the black ZT. Where did they come from, out of curiosity?

Picked them up cheap on eBay as my light seals had gone. I know they'll be a bit boy racer but I like them

marinabrian
12th March 2015, 19:51
Picked them up cheap on eBay as my light seals had gone. I know they'll be a bit boy racer but I like them

I don't suppose they use the original light bulb cluster do they?

If not, bring the nearside bulbholder bit with you on Saturday as the original ome from your car is cack in my ZT :p:

P.S that bootlid looks soooooo wrong :duh:

marinabrian
12th March 2015, 19:52
Think I'll be easy to spot but in case you're not sure then look for.........................

What? Gatekeeper Bob :shrug:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46094&d=1426189432

FLYING BANANA
12th March 2015, 20:12
What? Gatekeeper Bob :shrug:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46094&d=1426189432

No Brian I'm Banana Bob. Gatekeeper is standing behind me with Mrs Redfive.

marinabrian
12th March 2015, 21:03
No Brian I'm Banana Bob. Gatekeeper is standing behind me with Mrs Redfive.

Hmm, confusing me with subtle disguises eh Bob :confused:

Here was me thinking you had a different hat :getmecoat:

Departed 32016
13th March 2015, 16:36
Do we have a confirmed attendance?

Astraeus
13th March 2015, 16:57
Do we have a confirmed attendance?

Yip,

Quite a few...:getmecoat:

To be fair to me you can only really count folk on the day as there are usually a few who have not said they were coming and a few who for whatever reason cannot make it. ( usually unavoidable things ...just part of the rich tapestry of life :shrug:)

Certainly around 30 people have already paid deposits for lunch.

More than 30 MG Rover vehicles should be in attendance as more than 30 have intimated they are coming.
It will be interesting to total it up on the day.
Weather looks promising too!

Chris

Astraeus
13th March 2015, 16:59
Not preaching to the converted but

Please remember it is a resedential street down to the beach car park so please drive with consideration there.

Chris

Freebyrd
13th March 2015, 17:04
Not preaching to the converted but

Please remember it is a resedential street down to the beach car park so please drive with consideration there.

Chris

Handbrake turns are a no no then:eek::eek:

Tam
13th March 2015, 17:27

Just about need it for the hairpin bend at the bottom, so take care 😉

marinabrian
13th March 2015, 18:24

They are anyway on a 75 or ZT :getmecoat:

Just packing the T4 gear, early start tomorrow :eek:

FrazzleTC
13th March 2015, 18:44
Just tyre pressures to check, and I'll be ready for the road in the morning! Looking forward to it! :)

FLYER
13th March 2015, 19:48
Car to be washed in the morning then off we jolly well.

Popping through to Arbroath to munch on fresh Smokies early doors .
Wee stoat about my favourite seaside toon then a hearty fish supper and back to the meet.

Looking forward to the evenings entertainment and a good few swallies.

stevestrat
13th March 2015, 19:56
Handbrake turns are a no no then:eek::eek:I was planning a few burnouts!

Scomich
13th March 2015, 20:03
well low and behold took the car to work to give a little wash before heading off tomorrow. aprroaching the forth road bridge , bmw x5 swerves violently, i think wtf. Then i see it big lump of wood. I hit it , wiped a tyre out. got to garage for replacement and i get told, oh youve broke your spring as well. wonderfull.
Just fitted the tyre nursed it across to work, where our brilliant meachanic ordered parts , but also found out i had blown the shocky as well. Still fixed though and back on the road, ready for tomorrow. i think thats a good service from our mechanic.

Tyre £40
Spring £38
Shocker £45
Mechanic £40

moral of the story pay attention. lol.

Alan_G
13th March 2015, 20:08
well low and behold took the car to work to give a little wash before heading off tomorrow. aprroaching the forth road bridge , bmw x5 swerves violently, i think wtf. Then i see it big lump of wood. I hit it , wiped a tyre out. got to garage for replacement and i get told, oh youve broke your spring as well. wonderfull.
Just fitted the tyre nursed it across to work, where our brilliant meachanic ordered parts , but also found out i had blown the shocky as well. Still fixed though and back on the road, ready for tomorrow. i think thats a good service from our mechanic.

Tyre £40
Spring £38
Shocker £45
Mechanic £40

moral of the story pay attention. lol.

Friday the 13th and all that....... :duh: :getmecoat:

stevestrat
13th March 2015, 20:14
My wife has decided she wants to come, even asked if we are bringing the camera :eek:

DMGRS
13th March 2015, 20:51
The ZTT passed at the 11th hour, so see you there!
I'll have some goodies with me, of course PM if you're after something specific. :D

marinabrian
13th March 2015, 21:23
All ready to go :}

See you all tomorrow :D

Brian :bed:

FLYER
13th March 2015, 21:51
All ready to go :}

See you all tomorrow :D

Brian :bed:zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz

DMGRS
13th March 2015, 23:20
Here's the list of what I'll have with me (as well as the bits people have requested in PM):

89 Degree Inline Thermostat Kit
CDT Oil Filter (Aftermarket)
1.8 Oil Filter (Genuine MG Rover)
V6 Oil Filter (Aftermarket)
CDT Fuel Filter (Aftermarket)
CDT Air Filter (Aftermarket)
PCV Filter Kit (Aftermarket)
75 Front ABS Sensor (Aftermarket)
75 Rear ABS Sensor (Aftermarket)
75 Front Wheel Bearing Kit (Aftermarket)
Chrome and Leather Gear Knob (Genuine MG Rover)
MG Keyring
Rover Keyring
Stainless Steel Bolt Kit
EGR Bypass Kit - CDTi
75 Battery Box Lid
75 Scuttle Panel Clips (Per 5 / Per 7)
75 Undertray Fixing Kit – 10x Bolts, Clips and Washers
75 Metal Master Cylinder Kit (Genuine MG Rover)
75 Clutch Slave Cylinder (LUK)
CDT Waterpump Assembly (Aftermarket)
KV6 Thermostat Kit – Inc Pipework (SAIC MG)
CDT Thermostat Seal STC4540 (Genuine MG Rover)
75 Coolant Cap O Ring Kit
Coil Pack – 1.8 K Series (Genuine MG Rover)
CDT Alternator Regulator Pack (2 or 3 Pin)
75 Gold Fan Resistor
CDT In Tank Pump (Up to 2004)
CDT Lower Engine Mount
1.8 / V6 Lower Engine Mount
CDT Hydramount
1.8 / V6 Hydramount
CDT Fuel Tank Seal
1.8T Turbocharger Oil Feed Pipe
V6 Auxiliary Drive Belt Tensioner
V6 Auxiliary Drive Belt Idler
CDT Intercooler O Rings - Pair
V6 Inlet Seals – Full Kit (3x O Rings and 3x Seals)
75 Front Lower Arm Bushes – Genuine MG Rover
75 Strut Top Bearings - Pair
75 Front Drop Link - Each
75 Rear Lower Suspension Arm
75 Rear Upper Suspension Arm
75 Front Subframe Bush

RPWC
14th March 2015, 11:33
Here's the list of what I'll have with me (as well as the bits people have requested in PM):

89 Degree Inline Thermostat Kit
CDT Oil Filter (Aftermarket)
1.8 Oil Filter (Genuine MG Rover)
V6 Oil Filter (Aftermarket)
CDT Fuel Filter (Aftermarket)
CDT Air Filter (Aftermarket)
PCV Filter Kit (Aftermarket)
75 Front ABS Sensor (Aftermarket)
75 Rear ABS Sensor (Aftermarket)
75 Front Wheel Bearing Kit (Aftermarket)
Chrome and Leather Gear Knob (Genuine MG Rover)
MG Keyring
Rover Keyring
Stainless Steel Bolt Kit
EGR Bypass Kit - CDTi
75 Battery Box Lid
75 Scuttle Panel Clips (Per 5 / Per 7)
75 Undertray Fixing Kit – 10x Bolts, Clips and Washers
75 Metal Master Cylinder Kit (Genuine MG Rover)
75 Clutch Slave Cylinder (LUK)
CDT Waterpump Assembly (Aftermarket)
KV6 Thermostat Kit – Inc Pipework (SAIC MG)
CDT Thermostat Seal STC4540 (Genuine MG Rover)
75 Coolant Cap O Ring Kit
Coil Pack – 1.8 K Series (Genuine MG Rover)
CDT Alternator Regulator Pack (2 or 3 Pin)
75 Gold Fan Resistor
CDT In Tank Pump (Up to 2004)
CDT Lower Engine Mount
1.8 / V6 Lower Engine Mount
CDT Hydramount
1.8 / V6 Hydramount
CDT Fuel Tank Seal
1.8T Turbocharger Oil Feed Pipe
V6 Auxiliary Drive Belt Tensioner
V6 Auxiliary Drive Belt Idler
CDT Intercooler O Rings - Pair
V6 Inlet Seals – Full Kit (3x O Rings and 3x Seals)
75 Front Lower Arm Bushes – Genuine MG Rover
75 Strut Top Bearings - Pair
75 Front Drop Link - Each
75 Rear Lower Suspension Arm
75 Rear Upper Suspension Arm
75 Front Subframe Bush
Only a couple of parts then?:duh:

stevestrat
14th March 2015, 17:48
Thanks for taking the time to organise this Chris, good day out. Saw a few familiar faces and put a few more faces to names. The food was as good as you promised as well!

garrycairns
14th March 2015, 18:08
Had a great day out at the meet, went with my wife and grandson, we thought he might get bored, but he had a fantastic time. I also put faces to the people I had spoken to on the forum but never met.
Brian also worked his magic on my car and also the wife's one. Thanks to everyone for a good day out.

Freebyrd
14th March 2015, 18:44
Thanks to Chris for organisihttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/1101655048db2e67b4.jpgng a great day out. Good to met new faces and put names to others. Some great looking cars on show.

Freebyrd
14th March 2015, 18:51
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/1101655048db29b482.jpg

Freebyrd
14th March 2015, 18:53
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/1101655048db2cc1ca.jpg

freelancer
14th March 2015, 19:01
:shrug: Sorry could not make it. Glad you had a successful time.

Cheers
Ian

Departed 32016
14th March 2015, 19:14
Great turnout, thanks Chris, here's a few photos, Finlay Loved Flying Banana!

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_144024_HDR_zpsfx755q3y.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_120140_HDR_zpsyvb2btyr.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125227_zpszbfzmhzy.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_150544_zps3rctrknd.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125232_zpstewshuwz.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_145035_zpsd12izuiq.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125242_zpsf3edq1zx.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125247_zpsnuowi2zr.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125413_zpshie8sdej.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125424_zpsbabrwuue.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125432_zpsnlfvcggg.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125439_zpszehmgwki.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125451_HDR_zpsidcwyrhu.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125456_zps03brnt1k.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125510_HDR_zpszome0q2w.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125532_zpsk0wzbpxm.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125555_zpsaep7sn47.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_125607_zpsyow5msyr.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_143957_zpsxbydbfdl.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_160338_zpsxegxguym.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_160346_zpssekhpnzc.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/20150314_160357_zps4oqcxxbl.jpg

David5000
14th March 2015, 19:29
Great day. Thanks Chris. Just a pity I couldn't stay longer. Enjoy your evening.

MGStephen
14th March 2015, 19:31
Great day out and alot of fantastic cars as usual! Bit gutted i didnt have my Aurora ZS with me but i did have my newly acquired Ignition Blue ZS.

Thank you to brian for waving his wand and turning some options on for me aswell as an update. Much appreciated!!

Woodsie
14th March 2015, 19:40
Thanks Chris for organising the event today, great venue, great food and great company. Thanks also to Matt for bringing a boot load of goodies. Hope those that stayed on had a good evenining.

Best regards Rich

MASTIFF2
14th March 2015, 21:59
Great day Chris , good to catch up with old friends and to put some more names to faces :bowdown:

cheers
Brian

FLYING BANANA
14th March 2015, 22:29
Well done Chris. Had a terrific day meeting old and new faces including Les with his superb ZTT V8.
Great food in the club and terrific entertainment in the evening. I did rather well in the raffle.

munroman
14th March 2015, 22:29
Sorry we could only manage the evening due to work, well done to Chris for organising , and good to see such a good attendance! :)

Les4048
14th March 2015, 22:34
Had a fantastic day Chris, thanks so much for organising it. Good to put faces to names, not that I'll remember them lol. My taxi was really special it was the Flying Banana. Thanks Bob and it was lovely to meet you at last

FLYER
14th March 2015, 23:02
Brilliant night .

Great work by Chris for organizing the event .

Brian did his usual excellent wand waving and we were kept entertained musically all evening and BTW Alan a very talented guy with the guitar and what a voice.

Now lying in bed full of beer and watching family guy:D

Special thanks to Mattty for bringing a heapload of spares .

A long haul that I hope was worth it for him.

Thanks for the bits mate .

Night all.

Long lie tmw.:D

Astraeus
14th March 2015, 23:11
I would like to thank everyone who attended today. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. It was great to meet up with some great friends that I have met through the club and also to meet new faces. It was good to see some from the Facebook Club too. There were some stunning vehicles on show today. They are all special in their own way.

Although a bit chilly ( actually warm compared to our Scone Airport, Perth meet of two years ago!) the weather was actually quite kind and we stayed dry all day!

Thanks in particular to the friends who helped out with the entertainment. Alan you are a star and my 'non' MG Rover friends helped out too.

Tired, but I had a great day.

I will sit down on Monday and write up a report on the day.
Off to bed with a valium tablet....off to Hampden to watch my team Dundee United in the league cup final. I have had .....well ...many more unhappy journeys back from cup finals than exstatic ones!

Thanks again to all for making it a great day for all.

Chris

FLYER
14th March 2015, 23:18
I would like to thank everyone who attended today. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. It was great to meet up with some great friends that I have met through the club and also to meet new faces. It was good to see some from the Facebook Club too. There were some stunning vehicles on show today. They are all special in their own way.

Although a bit chilly ( actually warm compared to our Scone Airport, Perth meet of two years ago!) the weather was actually quite kind and we stayed dry all day!

Thanks in particular to the friends who helped out with the entertainment. Alan you are a star and my 'non' MG Rover friends helped out too.

Tired, but I had a great day.

I will sit down on Monday and write up a report on the day.
Off to bed with a valium tablet....off to Hampden to watch my team Dundee United in the league cup final. I have had .....well ...many more unhappy journeys back from cup finals than exstatic ones!

Thanks again to all for making it a great day for all.

Chris
I will be rooting for the brave warriors in tangerine in the final.

All they can do is do their best .

Here's hoping for a fair ref .:eek::D

Juego
15th March 2015, 01:09
Fantastic day and was good to meet everyone! Was also good to catch up with flyer again!

Was an excellent laugh and look forward to the next one!

doopydug
15th March 2015, 07:08
Great food, great people and great cars - what a day! Just sorry I couldn't have stayed longer

Graham1961
15th March 2015, 07:33
I thought about you all while i was working, looks like a nice time was had by all.

There are some truly immaculate cars there.

Well done to Chris for organizing everything.

FrazzleTC
15th March 2015, 07:42
Absolutely brilliant meet, Chris! Thanks so much for the effort that you put into organising it. The enthusiasm of the T4 guys never ceases to amaze me, too!
Was great to catch up with old friends, and to meet some new faces that I'd seen on the forum for years.
Excellent!

cahill17
15th March 2015, 08:02
Absolutley gutted I couldn't make it due to work , hopefully another meet can be arranged soon ,hopefully on a sunday ,:mood:

Alan_G
15th March 2015, 10:58
Well firstly a BIG thanks to Chris for organising another great event. :bowdown:It was just the tonic after me feeling sorry for myself lately having been off work for months.

Great to meet old friends and new, and the evening was a blast, haven't laughed so much in a long time. What a great bunch of people!

Didn't take many photos as I was too busy chatting and it was rather chilly!

Stand outs for me was Les and his V8 ZT-T which was immaculate in all respects and I look forward to seeing it supercharged and then of course, Flying Banana, an absolutely stunning example.

The T4 guys were hard at work doing there magic, the meal was great. Entertainment was braw, apart from the "not so" general knowledge quiz (I Jest! haha). :D

When I got back to the guest house afterwards, there was an MG6 parked up. I thought I had drank too much and was seeing things, but it was still there in the morning! Never met the owner although apparently he had drove up from Kent. Originally from the area and back up visiting and going to a certain football match I was told......

Oh aye and the raffle, I won nothing but I had a boot tidy to use as a prize, which funnily enough I left in the boot of the car and forgot to bring up for the evening. It will shortly be posted in freebies section for anyone who would like it. :getmecoat:

*EDIT - Just to add, thanks for accepting me in my MG3, I know its a bit marmite to some! :)

75tourer
15th March 2015, 12:24
Cant say more than has been said already-well done chris. Sorry i couldnt stay longer as i had to take my son to his ice hockey match. Brian gave my car a wee upgrade!so much better to drive-cheers brian. Hope to meet you all again soon

Ian K
15th March 2015, 14:25
Chris many thanks for your hard work in putting together a great meet.
Good to put some names to faces, fab food and a good natter.
Only sorry we couldn't make it back for the evening bit as planned.

Big thank you to Brian ... the car is transformed :D:D well done sir !!!

Ian

bigblue75
15th March 2015, 18:10
Thanks for organizing the meet Chris, and thanks to (a very busy) Brian for the healthcheck on the car- top people. Some great cars there and good people too!

marinabrian
15th March 2015, 19:49
Who took the time to attend the meet that Chris had put so much time into organising :bowdown::bowdown:

I really enjoyed myself this weekend, it was fantastic to meet up with friends old and new, and be able to let my hair down a bit in the evening :D

Well done to everyone who made this possible, and look forward to seeing you all soon.

P.S. I found the perfect parking spot for the ZT too :drool4:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/marinabrian/photo%201_zps09g9p6ip.jpg?1426452444279&1426452445979

FLYER
15th March 2015, 20:21
Who took the time to attend the meet that Chris had put so much time into organising :bowdown::bowdown:

I really enjoyed myself this weekend, it was fantastic to meet up with friends old and new, and be able to let my hair down a bit in the evening :D

Well done to everyone who made this possible, and look forward to seeing you all soon.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/marinabrian/photo%201_zps09g9p6ip.jpg?1426452444279&1426452445979what hair ....:D:D

fraz59
15th March 2015, 20:34
Again thank you to all for the great meet, Being somewhat new was good to put a face to some of the user names I see on here

Thank you also to Matt for the bits and bobs (and for emptying the wallet) good food as well

sorry could not stop for the evening but alas duty called (namely the wife)

Hope to see you all again ,,,and thank you Brain for checking the clutch out for me .

Astraeus
15th March 2015, 22:42

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/marinabrian/photo%201_zps09g9p6ip.jpg?1426452444279&1426452445979

Worth the visit just for the photo?

Crackin' isn't it. Very good artwork on a massive scale.

Chris

Coups
16th March 2015, 03:57
Looks like you all had a great day, sorry I missed it. Shame really since I only live a few miles up the road..... Was away to Carlisle between night shifts collecting Allanbays Rover 75 he had for sale on the forum, was hoping to have had it home before the meet for a remap but wasn't to be. Now, whens the next meet Chris :)

Les4048
16th March 2015, 05:53
I meant to say guys that I've posted pics from the meet on my own Facebook group "North East Scotland MG Rover Group" it's a very smal closed group but if any of you are not happy about thier car appearing there please contact me with your reg number and if your car is there I will of course remove it.

Brigus
16th March 2015, 22:56
Just wanted to add my thanks to Chris for organising such a great event. I had a very enjoyable time! Looking forward to future meets.

DMGRS
17th March 2015, 11:36
What a fantastic meet - it was great to meet you all, and glad I could help out with some parts while there.
Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Brian, she doesn't half shift now... :D

murphyv310
17th March 2015, 17:01
Hi AlI.
Im glad you all had a good day. This was one meet I really wanted to go to, in particular to meet Brian and have a good old chinwag.
Sadly Anne's sister in law was seriously ill prior to the meet and I had to cancel, subsequently she passed away last Wednesday, the family though needed support as did Anne so it would have been wrong for me to have come.
It has been though a busy week Rover & MG wise. My old favourite has now been sold and the ZT will be winging its way to a new owner from the club soon. I have an MRI scan on Friday evening at the Golden Jubilee Hospital in Clydebank and Saturday I am getting a lift to Dingwall to pick up Ennine's White 75 V6 Auto.
Anne's Sister in laws funeral is next Tuesday, that plus work means I've little time to even think,

Hope fully I will see you all at some meets later in the year.

Here's a better piccy of the ZT taken today :D

marinabrian
17th March 2015, 19:51
What a fantastic meet - it was great to meet you all, and glad I could help out with some parts while there.
Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Brian, she doesn't half shift now... :D

Glad you like it Mat ;)

Departed 32016
19th March 2015, 19:08
Anyone else take photos>

FLYING BANANA
19th March 2015, 19:12
I did but I have no internet connection at the moment to post pictures. Until BT sort it out I'm stuck.

Les4048
19th March 2015, 20:30
Here are some pics

Juego
19th March 2015, 20:31
Nobody took any of mine lol

Les4048
19th March 2015, 20:33
Some more pictures

Les4048
19th March 2015, 20:39
Losing track of which ones I have posted so sorry if I duplicate any

Les4048
19th March 2015, 20:42
And saw this at Keith filling station on my way home

Departed 32016
19th March 2015, 20:55

What's yours

Juego
19th March 2015, 21:02
Silver ZT-T SE 190

FLYING BANANA
19th March 2015, 21:13
Silver ZT-T SE 190
I did but until I can get an internet connection.

Departed 32016
19th March 2015, 21:38
Silver ZT-T SE 190

Oh yeah did i not, let me check my photos

FLYING BANANA
20th March 2015, 14:50
The internet has been restored. Pictures from Saturday's meet.

FLYING BANANA
20th March 2015, 14:53
Even more pictures

FLYING BANANA
20th March 2015, 14:57
And there's more

FLYING BANANA
20th March 2015, 15:00
Still lots to go.

FLYING BANANA
20th March 2015, 15:04
I used a polariser and a wide angle lens to get the different colours out of the ZT in Aurora

FLYING BANANA
20th March 2015, 15:08
Last lot of pictures for now.

Astraeus
22nd March 2015, 09:24

My old man been busy getting boat ready for launch but he took quite a few and I will post soon.

Chris

Astraeus
22nd March 2015, 09:27
[QUOTE=Juego;1952848]Nobody took any of mine lol

Will check my Dad's photos.

Chris