PDA

View Full Version : Issues starting diesel

dzocor55
10th January 2015, 20:31
hi, I was having some problems starting my rover75 diesel for a few weeks would start ok if fuel tank was third full, the car eventualy cut out completely while driving to town got it fetched back to house, engine spins fine but doesn't fire, I read up on this site and thought that in tank pump must have gone some weeks prior and now under bonnet pump must have given up..i have replaced both pumps, I have checked the fuel cut out switch, checked the fuses, ect,, checked the pollen filter compartment for water ect, car has no intention of starting, and i cant hear either pump working,its driving me insane, checked everything in Haynes manual apart from.crank sender unit, that I cant find...any ideas or help appreciated , or does anyone know of good mobile mechanic Wolverhampton area

klarzy
10th January 2015, 20:40
hi, I was having some problems starting my rover75 diesel for a few weeks would start ok if fuel tank was third full, the car eventualy cut out completely while driving to town got it fetched back to house, engine spins fine but doesn't fire, I read up on this site and thought that in tank pump must have gone some weeks prior and now under bonnet pump must have given up..i have replaced both pumps, I have checked the fuel cut out switch, checked the fuses, ect,, checked the pollen filter compartment for water ect, car has no intention of starting, and i cant hear either pump working,its driving me insane, checked everything in Haynes manual apart from.crank sender unit, that I cant find...any ideas or help appreciated , or does anyone know of good mobile mechanic Wolverhampton area

Think there are fuses and relay for fuel pumps... one may have gone... unless your ITP failed and the strain killed off your UBP as well.... as you say it started to die slowly.... and can hear no drive from either...

fuse 28 in the passenger box does the ITP and Relay 103

marinabrian
10th January 2015, 20:50
Er, bet your ECU is sitting in it's own little swimming pool as we speak :(

Do a search for plenum drains and report back ;)

Brian :D

klarzy
10th January 2015, 20:52

Are you not meant to be whiling away your twilight years in a bath of wrinkle regenerative oil somewhere old chap...?:D

marinabrian
10th January 2015, 21:29
Are you not meant to be whiling away your twilight years in a bath of wrinkle regenerative oil somewhere old chap...?:D

As I am really Dr Bunsen Honeydew, I will have to take you to task on that remark when you arrive at Muppet Labs on Monday.

Meep meep indeed :eek:

Brian Honeydew :cool:

johnnyb44
10th January 2015, 21:33
As I am really Dr Bunsen Honeydew, I will have to take you to task on that remark when you arrive at Muppet Labs on Monday.

Meep meep indeed :eek:

Brian Honeydew :cool:

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Arctic
12th January 2015, 04:35

Hi Dave
Link below where abouts in wolves are you drop me a PM remember you can only send or receive 5 PM messages unless you subcribe. Arctic:D

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125864&highlight=plenums+reason