PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

KernowRover
11th January 2015, 12:21
Hi All,
Whilst out driving this morning I noticed the engine management light was on.
When checking with my scangauge it repoorts fault code P0302 which according to my list is Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected.
Unfortunately, the scangauge is unable to clear the fault code.
My questions are how do I go about sorting the problem and is it safe to undertake an 80 mile journey with the car in this state?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards
Tom

chrissyboy
11th January 2015, 12:25
Hi All,
Whilst out driving this morning I noticed the engine management light was on.
When checking with my scangauge it repoorts fault code P0302 which according to my list is Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected.
Unfortunately, the scangauge is unable to clear the fault code.
My questions are how do I go about sorting the problem and is it safe to undertake an 80 mile journey with the car in this state?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards
Tom

swap a coil pack from number 2 cylinder to to other one and if the code reader then says the misfire has moved to the cylinder you swopped the coil pack over with if so you need a new coil pack, also check state of spark plug and lead from cylinder 2 and check the lead ,yif lead you will a clicking and may see a blue flash as its going mental to earth its self .sometime you can just tape up the lead and as for the 80 mile trip it would all depend on how bad the misfire is if its not to bad then nurse the car the faster you go the more the misfire will show up

KernowRover
11th January 2015, 12:50
swap a coil pack from number 2 cylinder to to other one and if the code reader then says the misfire has moved to the cylinder you swopped the coil pack over with if so you need a new coil pack, also check state of spark plug and lead from cylinder 2 and check the lead ,yif lead you will a clicking and may see a blue flash as its going mental to earth its self .sometime you can just tape up the lead and as for the 80 mile trip it would all depend on how bad the misfire is if its not to bad then nurse the car the faster you go the more the misfire will show up

Hi Chrissyboy,

Thanks for the suggestion but how do I tell which is cylinder 2? :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rregards
Tom

brgcdti
11th January 2015, 13:09
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73306As above .. apparently the numbers are cast on the block too.
So RH bank is 2,4,6 (viewed from crank pulley end)

KernowRover
15th January 2015, 11:49
Discovered that No.2 cylinder is on the left end of the rear bank when viewed from the front of the car.

Fitted new spark plugs all round and replaced the coil pack on No.2 cylinder and now the car is running better than it has ever done in the nearly 2 years I have owned it.

chrissyboy
15th January 2015, 12:00
Discovered that No.2 cylinder is on the left end of the rear bank when viewed from the front of the car.

Fitted new spark plugs all round and replaced the coil pack on No.2 cylinder and now the car is running better than it has ever done in the nearly 2 years I have owned it.

im glad we was able to help you before a garage got hold of the car and charged megga money for something you could do yourself .happy motoring .thanks for reporting back that the advice you was given was indeed the fault with the car ,this now will help other members that are having the same problem .